dbw1968 is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

Can you stop after one cycle

I am in week 8 of a 500 wk test e cycle with good results. I have gained lean muscle, lost fat around mid section and have many people asking me what I am taking to transform my body. I tell them Protein. Anyway, this is my 1st ever cycle and like it alot, but do I need to keep doing cycles when I'm done? The only thing I may want to do is maybe cutting cycle, but not sure. I am 43, 208, 13%. I dont want to do cycles the rest of my life, but I hear people say once you start you cant stop and it makes natural gains really hard. I certainly dont want to just lose all of my gains I worked hard for. Can I keep growing if I stop?

Yes, you can certainly stop doing cycles. Your body will slowly go back to the way it was (I'm assuming you were working out and fit before you cycled). The "addiction" to AAS is definitely psychological. It's really tough to see the body not being super fit. It's tough not being one of the strongest guys in the gym. It's wonderful to get approving glances at the pool. It feels great to workout, like I could workout forever. I keep cycling because I'm not ready to give all that up. AAS is not like a narcotic, you don't get addicted physically. It's just tough to be one's best without AAS. It can definitely hook you emotionally.

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Yes, you can certainly stop doing cycles. Your body will slowly go back to the way it was (I'm assuming you were working out and fit before you cycled). The "addiction" to AAS is definitely psychological. It's really tough to see the body not being super fit. It's tough not being one of the strongest guys in the gym. It's wonderful to get approving glances at the pool. It feels great to workout, like I could workout forever. I keep cycling because I'm not ready to give all that up. AAS is not like a narcotic, you don't get addicted physically. It's just tough to be one's best without AAS. It can definitely hook you emotionally.

+1 lol

noon is offline Senior Member
    Lol .well put.
    did U do any pct?

Blog Entries
    Man I know what your talking about. I love what I look like now and it can only get better. I love people telling me how good I look. I am way stronger than I have ever been and love it. I will be doing clomid and nolva afor my pct. I just dont know if I want to chance hurting my body and sex life just to look good. If I decide to do another cycle, what is a relatively harmless cycle I could do? I was on a test e only with stane for my ai. You huys ate making this hard. I wanted yall to say you should just do 1cycle and you will look awesome after. Lol

Marc_83 is offline Junior Member
    Unfortunately no (for me anyways)...

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    You think you body will go back to being completley the was it was before you cycled? Respectfully I disagree to an extent. I did you a test cyp cycle for 10 weeks which ended early april 2011 and while I have admitidley lost size I am still bigger than before I began.

TheTimeIsNow is offline Junior Member
    I love the part where people ask what are you taking... "protein".. LMAO classic =). Im about to start my first cycle of simple test prop. So ill tell u after but i agree that its probally all in your head because u dont get addicted to the test . you get addicted to the look .. the attention .. everything mentioned above.

U will never stop....
    Remember I told u so!!!

Ur already planning for ur next cycle unconsciously ...lol
    Once u try beeing superior to the rest of the human race there is no going back......!!!!!

swm1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thex95

You think you body will go back to being completley the was it was before you cycled? Respectfully I disagree to an extent. I did you a test cyp cycle for 10 weeks which ended early april 2011 and while I have admitidley lost size I am still bigger than before I began.
    I do slowly shrink back to my original size when I come off. But I feel I was close to my genetic max when I started. I didn't use until 34-35 years old and I was already 205-210 lbs. Many people start well before their genetic max and they will keep a lot of their gains. At my prime I was 260lbs. No way in hell I was going to maintain that lean mass on a hrt dose of testosterone . All the talk about eating for your size only goes so far. Hormone levels have a direct impact on the quantity of mass you can support long term.

Blog Entries
    I am not gaining alot of weight. I getting better proportioned. Shoulders, traps, back, chests and arms have made wonderful gains and waist has lost 2 inches. Water weight is minimul due to stane , so since my weight has only increased by about 7 pounds I was hoping I would stay where Im at if I keep w working out hard. Im hard as a rock except a little soft in chest and abs.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Yes you can stop but you probabaly won't. I tried 4 cycles ago to...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Yes you can stop but you probabaly won't. I tried 4 cycles ago to...lol
    So do you think if you stopped after two you would be back down to your original size before you started cycling if you maintained your diet and training intensity?

DeadlyD is offline Anabolic Member
    Like mentioned above, if your body is at its maxium natural potential before you start AAS, you will eventually return to that max natural state, AAS taken before your at your natural max will help you get to your natural max, and with diet and training you should be able to maintain it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyD View Post
    Like mentioned above, if your body is at its maxium natural potential before you start AAS, you will eventually return to that max natural state, AAS taken before your at your natural max will help you get to your natural max, and with diet and training you should be able to maintain it.
    is their any actual research on "natural max" to confirm this? I have seen a few well respected members on here call that bro science. Personally I am neatrual on the issue and performing more research on it at the moment

NotConvincedYet is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thex95 View Post
    So do you think if you stopped after two you would be back down to your original size before you started cycling if you maintained your diet and training intensity?
    Soooo, many variables.

You have PCT to come yet. Depending on how that goes for you you may weigh up the pros and cons. It certainly made me question having a second go.

But my money will be on you having another crack

GorillaNuts is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    You can still look awesome without aas.....just won't be as awesome lol.
    I've only done one cycle which ended over 2 months ago. Years before that I was accused constantly about being a juicer.

And even last night at a party I had some guy askin me what I'm on and he wouldn't shut the fuk up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thex95

is their any actual research on "natural max" to confirm this? I have seen a few well respected members on here call that bro science. Personally I am neatrual on the issue and performing more research on it at the moment
    Did you see what happened to Kevin Levone when he came off? That's a prime example. He was still working out. He stayed lean and fit, but certainly nowhere near his competition condition.

I think you might be able to maintain weight above your natural genetic limit. But there is a difference between overall weight and lean mass. As I mentioned earlier I was 260 at my prime. When I came off could I have eaten 4000 calories and stayed 260? Probably, but it wouldn't have been the same composition.

I'd love to see these people calling bro science on this thought process in person or pictures. On cycle and off. I'd just about bet most of these guys are never even remotely close to lean or competition ready even while on cycle much less off. And I'd bet there is a significant body fat swing when they come off cycle if the scale weight stays the same or doesn't drop drastically. That said I am not trying to start a pissing contest with anyone. No disrespect intended. But I feel the vast majority of people drastically underestimate their bodyfat percentages. A guy on cycle that is say 240lbs at 20% body fat is roughly 192lbs of lean mass. That same guy comes off cycle and stays 240 but goes up to 30% body fat he now carries 168lbs of lean mass.

I've seen people do this exact thing and claim their puffy looking asses were just bloating because they 1) weighted the same and 2) still lifted the same weight. #1 I addressed in the last paragraph. #2 strength has nothing to do with size. I've seen guys that were 230lbs and lean with visible abs, vascular as hell that couldn't bench press 315 once to save their lives. I've also seen 200 soft looking pudgy guys you'd never expect worked out knock out 5 sets of 5 at 315 and never breath heavy.

For what it's worth.....

Quote Originally Posted by swm1972 View Post
    Did you see what happened to Kevin Levone when he came off? That's a prime example. He was still working out. He stayed lean and fit, but certainly nowhere near his competition condition.

I think you might be able to maintain weight above your natural genetic limit. But there is a difference between overall weight and lean mass. As I mentioned earlier I was 260 at my prime. When I came off could I have eaten 4000 calories and stayed 260? Probably, but it wouldn't have been the same composition.

I'd love to see these people calling bro science on this thought process in person or pictures. On cycle and off. I'd just about bet most of these guys are never even remotely close to lean or competition ready even while on cycle much less off. And I'd bet there is a significant body fat swing when they come off cycle if the scale weight stays the same or doesn't drop drastically. That said I am not trying to start a pissing contest with anyone. No disrespect intended. But I feel the vast majority of people drastically underestimate their bodyfat percentages. A guy on cycle that is say 240lbs at 20% body fat is roughly 192lbs of lean mass. That same guy comes off cycle and stays 240 but goes up to 30% body fat he now carries 168lbs of lean mass.

I've seen people do this exact thing and claim their puffy looking asses were just bloating because they 1) weighted the same and 2) still lifted the same weight. #1 I addressed in the last paragraph. #2 strength has nothing to do with size. I've seen guys that were 230lbs and lean with visible abs, vascular as hell that couldn't bench press 315 once to save their lives. I've also seen 200 soft looking pudgy guys you'd never expect worked out knock out 5 sets of 5 at 315 and never breath heavy.

For what it's worth.....
    right on bro good read, I really agree with the compisition component. I do see guys staying generally bigger than before they cycled when they are off, but not nearly as muscular.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Good stuff swm1972...big difference in quality mass and you're right most don't have a clue. The idea that people have that they can support large hormone made gains is insane. Further and I think you hinted at this but I could be wrong...personally I hate the phrase "meet" or "max out your genetic potential." I hate it because its such a broad statement and often meaningless. I don't say this to sound reckless but if you want to be big and muscular you're going to take a lot of hormones and sooner than later. You're not going to wait on natural max whatever the crap that means. You think Arnold or Ronnie waited?

>Good Luck< is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbw1968
    I am in week 8 of a 500 wk test e cycle with good results. I have gained lean muscle, lost fat around mid section and have many people asking me what I am taking to transform my body. I tell them Protein. Anyway, this is my 1st ever cycle and like it alot, but do I need to keep doing cycles when I'm done? The only thing I may want to do is maybe cutting cycle, but not sure. I am 43, 208, 13%. I dont want to do cycles the rest of my life, but I hear people say once you start you cant stop and it makes natural gains really hard. I certainly dont want to just lose all of my gains I worked hard for. Can I keep growing if I stop?
    Well what's your height? If your a taller person it would be easier to maintain 210lbs or 220 without juice than if you were 210 @ 5'7"... You could probably stop, run pct and never touch it again and keep moving with your progress. I have to agree that the feelings from being on cycle are incredibly desirable in all circumstances but it all comes down to the mighty willpower! Anything other than willpower is just variables. I don't believe in limitations, within reason. I'll never bench press a house, but nobody else will either. But if someone tells me "this is your genetic max" I say suck it, I'll change that too

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject
    Good stuff swm1972...big difference in quality mass and you're right most don't have a clue. The idea that people have that they can support large hormone made gains is insane. Further and I think you hinted at this but I could be wrong...personally I hate the phrase "meet" or "max out your genetic potential." I hate it because its such a broad statement and often meaningless. I don't say this to sound reckless but if you want to be big and muscular you're going to take a lot of hormones and sooner than later. You're not going to wait on natural max whatever the crap that means. You think Arnold or Ronnie waited?
    I waited because it never occurred to me to do steroids until after I was diagnosed with low t and had to get injections and learn to do them myself. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had started around 27 or 28.

I'm also a believer in if you want to be big sooner or later you are gonna have to cycle big. Not trying to recommend that to anyone else. That is a decision we each need to make in our own. That said I've run my fair share of multi gram cycles. I wouldn't have ever been anywhere near 260 if I hadn't. Very few people have the genetic makeup to achieve npc super heavyweight running 500mgs a week of testosterone only. I'm not sure anyone has that ability as I have never known anyone that could.
    Last edited by swm1972; 07-29-2012 at 07:55 PM.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR

For what it's worth.....
    Well said.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I waited because it never occurred to me to do steroids until after I was diagnosed with low t and had to get injections and learn to do them myself. Knowing what I know now, I wish I had started around 27 or 28.

I'm also a believer in if you want to be big sooner or later you are gonna have to cycle big. Not trying to recommend that to anyone else. That is a decision we each need to make in our own. That said I've run my fair share of multi gram cycles. I wouldn't have ever been anywhere near 260 if I hadn't. Very few people have the genetic makeup to achieve npc super heavyweight running 500mgs a week of testosterone only. I'm not sure anyone has that ability as I have never known anyone that could.
    Good post, I agree. No one in their right mind can say cycles that are typically deemed "responsible" are going to produce mind-blowing results of an elite nature...at least no one will say that if they're honest. This doesn't mean anyone should run massive cycles, but I still think it's important to recognize the truth in the matter rather than giving false hope to people.

Good post!

unixpro is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeIsNow View Post
    I love the part where people ask what are you taking... "protein".. LMAO classic =). Im about to start my first cycle of simple test prop. So ill tell u after but i agree that its probally all in your head because u dont get addicted to the test . you get addicted to the look .. the attention .. everything mentioned above.
    damn, for me its ohh what are you taking, with a malice in the tone of voice, like there no way i'm natural, lol. i always reply with B12 shots and 50 eggs a day.

JAB1 is offline Member
    How many cycles you do is totally up to you. Like others have said depending on where you were when you started, and how you eat/train after will have alot to do with maintaining gains. Im on cycle # 2 and couldnt wait to get back on after the first one, but I went through pct and time off as suggested. I dont actually feel that I look alot dif while on, but I must, because bot htimes now a few weeks in everyone starts commenting on how I look. Say what you will but my ego enjoys that, just trying to be smart and use it as an edge, not a crutch!!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Quote Originally Posted by thex95 View Post
    No cause I got myself to where I wanted to be and could have maintained it with diet and exercise. I just became addicted to the superherp like power I was having.

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!

Sharmthetics is offline Banned
    Natural gains are hard anyway and you have to train and eat intensely as well as strictly in order to maximize your gains. You gain an unnatural amount of muscle during cycles so when you come off you should be focusing on trying to maintain that new weight which would be hard in itself, as opposed to trying to gain. Adjust your diet to suit your new weight and become accustomed to your new size for a while before thinking of trying to bulk quickly again.

Thread Information