digsy1983 is offline Member

best time for creatine. during cycle, pct stage or after pct?

hi again, could you guys enlighten me when the best time to take creatine will be? i've taken it for a while but been on a break while i'm on var (day 4) and it just struck me today that i could be missing gains of it while on my cycle so i've looked it up and not much has came to light.
    wen do you guys n gals recomend taking it? also, ive got creatine monohydrate and creatine kre-alkalyn any recomendation of which to choose or both?
    cheers!!

Faceless Rider is offline Junior Member
    Hey there. I was recently wondering this as well. After research on this site and others I found that creatine can be taken on or off cycle. Its really about preference. Most on here will say stick with monohydrate (100% pure micronized creatine such as creapure) as it is the most economic and most proven to work. Krealkaline such as purple k and all those won't last you as long and cost more and there is no evidence in any study other than those done by the companys selling them that they are any better for you or provide better results. I personally think it is important to do during pct and beyond but will also be using it throughout my cycle at 5g per day post workout as I read it is absorbed even more effeciently while on cycle. Read the creatine FAQ sticky in the suplements forum section by IM708 I found it very enlightening.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    5 grams a day forever.

no need to come off.

very natural, very safe

go with mono, most cost effective

digsy1983 is offline Member
    awesome! 2 replies, straight to the point! just like in the gym, NO MESSING ABOUT :-)

gud article on creatine aswel by IM708!

Ares101 is offline Associate Member
    I bought some pure creatine from Meijer and the directions stated to take 5 grams four times a day for first week to saturate muscles with creatine then only 5 grams once a day afterwards. Should I follow those instructions or just stick with 5 grams a day?

Sorry for posting a question on your thread but both members seem to have great input about creatine!

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Different people different results. I take 10 grams aday and that works better for me, I see better results. I take after I work out. On non workout days I stick to 5 grams. Always more strength gains with creatine.

Sharmthetics is offline Banned
    I read that taking 5G of creatine monohydrate everyday is completely fine. I'm not so sure about loading creatine, I think 5G a day is a healthy amount and at this amount can produce solid strength gains. Personally I love mixing my creatine monohydrate with beta alanine before a workout, as well as on off days. They work very well together.

Okay thanks for the quick replies!

I also heard that creatine monohydrate works very nicely with Anavar , so you should definitely try it out.

Jonnyg419 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    5 grams a day forever.

no need to come off.

very natural, very safe

go with mono, most cost effective
    ^^^^^^Yes, it is so simple, why don't people get this? People go back and forth with a million weird ways to use creatine, over complicating the hell out of it!

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    Yep, we get creatine in our diets everyday through different types of food, I don't see no one cycling food. Roflmao

BlueWaffle21 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I think the loading is a waste but thats just me!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21
    Okay! It was just on the bottle and I have never seen that before so I was curious

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWaffle21 View Post
    Loading probably is a waste. However if you have quite a fair bit of creatine and a small scoop (suggesting pure creatine with no additives) then you could afford to load. I have a few friends who have done it and said that they felt as though it worked. I believe it just saturates the muscle quite a lot, but what is the point of saturating for a whole week and then jumping back to only 5G a day? Seems rather pointless to me and I'd much rather just take 5G creatine a day mixed with a scoop of beta alanine.

Thread Information