Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    mirin247 is offline New Member

First Time Cycle?

Hi recently I've reached a plateau and cant seem to gain weight as fast as i could before. My bodybuilding buddies who have been natty with me for years are passing me up because they have recently been introduced to the world of Anabolic Steroids . Im 18 5'7 weigh 173 right now and am about 10% bf its really easy for me to get shredded i dont have a problem there but Im trying to bulk and get over 200lbs and get significantly stronger so i was wondering what would be a good firs time cycle for me to get the gains i want? Thanks for the help. Keep trainin hard

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    at 18 your going to do more damage the good.
    i would just adjust your diet to more of a bulking one
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    at 18 your going to do more damage the good.
    i would just adjust your diet to more of a bulking one

^^^^^^

+1

Ive been training about three years and I have changed my diet to a bulking one i did all the math according to my resting metabolic rate, activity index, and lean mass I have a complete list of foods and exact number of carbs, protien, and calories I'm supposed to be taking in order to gain the weight i want but it just hasent been working maybe i need a new supplement regimen

euphoric is offline New Member
    Then you arent eating enough. Simple as that. What are your stats and whats your kcal intake and macros?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by mirin247 View Post
    Ive been training about three years and I have changed my diet to a bulking one i did all the math according to my resting metabolic rate, activity index, and lean mass I have a complete list of foods and exact number of carbs, protien, and calories I'm supposed to be taking in order to gain the weight i want but it just hasent been working maybe i need a new supplement regimen
    whats your macros?
    if your still at 10% trying to bulk your not eating enough
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Ever heard the saying, "What works, works. What doesn't work, doesn't work. Trying to make something that doesn't work...work, doesn't work."
    In short bro don't be afraid to switch things up. If your not putting the weight on increase the cals and forget the formula. Everyone's body is different. If increasing cals doesn't work in a couple weeks, increase again until you are putting on solid weight. It takes time, trial & error to really dial in a nutrition plan that works best for you. If changed my diet more times than I can count over the 12 years i have been training. Im sure I will change it again too.

Quote Originally Posted by Live for the PUMP View Post
    Ever heard the saying, "What works, works. What doesn't work, doesn't work. Trying to make something that doesn't work...work, doesn't work."
    In short bro don't be afraid to switch things up. If your not putting the weight on increase the cals and forget the formula. Everyone's body is different. If increasing cals doesn't work in a couple weeks, increase again until you are putting on solid weight. It takes time, trial & error to really dial in a nutrition plan that works best for you. If changed my diet more times than I can count over the 12 years i have been training. Im sure I will change it again too.

Yeah I think ill switch it up instead of 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight ill do 2.5 that might be what i need

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Agree. I think that what some should realize is that as far as bulking and diet, what quite often said in here should be considered more of a guideline. Some can make it work at 500cals above tdee. some need 1000 over. even the tdee formula is suspect, since it is a general approximation and could be off by as much as 10% or more. Some don't even use TDEE and instead just go 15x over lbm. then adjust from there. the important thing to remember is not to freak if a certain formula doesn't work for you. this is a lifetime passion, and time is on your side. if it doesn't work, then adjust!

I am also new to this site. I won't even try to tell you about AAS. I will tell you that you are far too young to cycle IMHO and thats the common feeling on this board as well. I agree with the 25yo recommendation this forum suggests.

I will also tell you from knowledge and experience that you are in no way peaked or plateaued at 18yo. You need to take a look at your lifting program and most likely your diet as that is where your problems most likely are. How long have you been lifting for?

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Eating is the best cycle out there for you! Believe that! Eat Mom and Dad out of house and home.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Eating is the best cycle out there for you! Believe that! Eat Mom and Dad out of house and home.
    Lol, do it man. . . .

Eat and eat, then eat some more. . . . Then lift heavy. At a young age I thing eating solid and lifting would do most guys wonders.

rockhardman is offline Associate Member
    Agree eating is the key.... at 18 u have the best test why would u replace it with synthetic one ? just dont make sense...listen to advice here and u will get up there bro

stpete is offline Banned
    Give it time. What's the big rush? Do it the right way as you need to know all this before you ever start a cycle or it's all for nothing. And, you don't have to worry about issues like limp dick, among others.

Im supposed to take in 3791 calories per day 1730calories from protein 568 calories from fat 1492 calories from carbs

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Are you really eating near 4k of cals per day?

If so, and you aren't gaining weight - I just dunno.

Also, 4k from what foods?

i was taking around 3500 to get from 156 to the weight im at now and the last time i bulked was around this time last year and i got from 147 to 180 so its worked before

i was taking around 3500 to get from 156 to the weight im at now and the last time i bulked was around this time last year and i got from 147 to 180 so its worked before
    yes it worked before, 30 LBS AGO. You now have a higher energy needs seeing as your LBM has increased. People forget that as their size changes, so does their caloric needs.

Thread Information