TOkidd is offline Productive Member

Ever had an off week while an cycle? How did you stay motivated?

Just wondering how many of you experience an occasional week during your cycle whefre you miss a workout or your diet suffers for a couple days - you know, an off-week.

We have them all the time when we're not cycling, but when we're running a cycle we try to keep everything perfect - diet, training, rest, etc. However, sometimes life gets in the way and interrupts our plans for perfection.

This past week I had this experience, and I'm in my fifth week of a 12-week test e / deca cycle. Week 5 is important IMO, because it's when you can really feel these two long-acting compounds working. You feel stronger every workout, the numbers on the scale get higher every couple of days, and your muscles seem to get bigger and more defined almost overnight. So when life came knocking and I missed my Wednesday back workout, screwed up my diet for a couple of days and pinched a couple of hard-earned pounds from my weight, I really felt it. I tried to make up my back workout yesterday, but couldn't do it. Now I've just had to skip it and go right into shoulders today and arms tomorrow, before taking my day of rest on Sunday. I've tried finding a way to squeeze a back workout in somehow, but it doesn't work with my schedule.

So I'm wondering, how many of you have this kind of thing happen to you on cycle? How do you deal with the blow to your motivation? I think most people here realize how sensitive us BB's are to the ups and downs of life wreaking havoc with our hard-fought gains. This is especially true when we're doing a cycle into which we've invested tons of time and money.

So what do we do when life gets in the way of our perfect routines, perfect diets, perfect cycles? I guess we just soldier on. But how do we get our mind back in the game; get that motivation back, that edge? Sometimes losing even one pound can feel like losing all your gains. I'm curious to see how many people go through this and how they deal with it.

I'd love to hear from you!

TOkidd

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    I make myself take off 1 -2 weeks per year. I hate the feeling and feel like a fatty... but all n all its better bro.... ive done it on cycle too.....

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    it happens to me all the time. I dont weigh myself daily so i wont see a change in the scale if there is one. And any change isnt muscle in a couple days of bad diet. It will be a water weight change
    Also i dont do muscles on a specific day. I have my order i do things in so if i dont go on tuesday i do it on wednesday. So i dont miss a muscle or workout. Everything just get pushed a day back
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOkidd
    Just wondering how many of you experience an occasional week during your cycle whefre you miss a workout or your diet suffers for a couple days - you know, an off-week.

We have them all the time when we're not cycling, but when we're running a cycle we try to keep everything perfect - diet, training, rest, etc. However, sometimes life gets in the way and interrupts our plans for perfection.

This past week I had this experience, and I'm in my fifth week of a 12-week test e / deca cycle. Week 5 is important IMO, because it's when you can really feel these two long-acting compounds working. You feel stronger every workout, the numbers on the scale get higher every couple of days, and your muscles seem to get bigger and more defined almost overnight. So when life came knocking and I missed my Wednesday back workout, screwed up my diet for a couple of days and pinched a couple of hard-earned pounds from my weight, I really felt it. I tried to make up my back workout yesterday, but couldn't do it. Now I've just had to skip it and go right into shoulders today and arms tomorrow, before taking my day of rest on Sunday. I've tried finding a way to squeeze a back workout in somehow, but it doesn't work with my schedule.

So I'm wondering, how many of you have this kind of thing happen to you on cycle? How do you deal with the blow to your motivation? I think most people here realize how sensitive us BB's are to the ups and downs of life wreaking havoc with our hard-fought gains. This is especially true when we're doing a cycle into which we've invested tons of time and money.

So what do we do when life gets in the way of our perfect routines, perfect diets, perfect cycles? I guess we just soldier on. But how do we get our mind back in the game; get that motivation back, that edge? Sometimes losing even one pound can feel like losing all your gains. I'm curious to see how many people go through this and how they deal with it.

I'd love to hear from you!

TOkidd
    Could you squeeze in a few back exercises after you shoulder workout, shoulder incorporate back muscles, I know it's not ideal but it one way of getting some lat action in.

TOkidd is offline Productive Member
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

I did think about doing some back with my shoulders today, but truth is...I just ain't feeling that hot. I'm going to wait and see, but I may have to skip another day. It's just been one of those weeks and I feel burned out. I'm afraid that if I push myself too hard, I may end up losing even more ground. I'll have to wait and see if I feel better later. I ain't even hungry, and that is WEIRD!

JAB1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    it happens to me all the time. I dont weigh myself daily so i wont see a change in the scale if there is one. And any change isnt muscle in a couple days of bad diet. It will be a water weight change
    Also i dont do muscles on a specific day. I have my order i do things in so if i dont go on tuesday i do it on wednesday. So i dont miss a muscle or workout. Everything just get pushed a day back
    I do the same, If I miss a day or two, I just pick up were I left off.

Thread Information