Thread: Extreme hunger

dannypefc1878 is offline Associate Member

Extreme hunger

Two weeks into test 500mg / var cycle (not started var yet). Iv been experiencing massive surges of hunger usually after training but sometimes just towards end of work for no reason. Yesterday after heavy cardio session it was worse, so intense felt like I was going to faint, was shaky and had an urge to eat something sweet, very unpleasent feeling of weakness. Once I ate I was ok. I can guess that it's how a diabetic would feel if they went hypo. My diet is good I think, 5-6 meals high protein and non starchy carbs. Im pretty sure im NOT diabetic been tested in the past and no reason why I should suddenly get it, so maybe im just pushing myself hard and its my bodys way of asking for more fuel, maybe not enough carbs? Overdoing
    Things not enough sleep? Has anybody else experienced anything like this I'd appreciate feedback

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    May e it's just the extra effort your putting into your training

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9
    May e it's just the extra effort your putting into your training
    Maybe, but I always train hard and this never happened last time on cycle, hopefully it's nothing but it's very unpleasant

Sworder is offline Banned
    Eat more often! Yes, the body can change it's insulin sensitivity from AAS. I have the same problem and did a little research on it. Just make sure you always have some sweets or OJ with you. Eat more, the body is using up all its storages

Quote Originally Posted by Sworder
    Eat more often! Yes, the body can change it's insulin sensitivity from AAS. I have the same problem and did a little research on it. Just make sure you always have some sweets or OJ with you. Eat more, the body is using up all its storages
    I thought it may be something to with insulin, eat more carbs / protein or both?

Increase everything! No matter how many calories you are consuming if your body is going that low on blood glucose it means you are using everything. So keep eating! Clean sources of course You don't want to spike it though, don't consume simple carbs get it from baked potatoes, yams, the good stuff

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds like your blood sugar dropped. It happens on occasion depending on what you ate and how it has been since you ate. On cycle increase everything you eat like Sworder said. Get in the nutrition section and look around. Good info in there.
    Last edited by 600@50; 10-12-2012 at 07:07 PM.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Check your blood sugar. Get a finger pricky thing and check. It sounds like you are having Hypoglycemic episodes. I have them as well. I had one last night and am feeling horrible today. I was sent to the ER once due to it. That is what it sounds like. Get some glucose tabs abd keep them on hand for when it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth
    Check your blood sugar. Get a finger pricky thing and check. It sounds like you are having Hypoglycemic episodes. I have them as well. I had one last night and am feeling horrible today. I was sent to the ER once due to it. That is what it sounds like. Get some glucose tabs abd keep them on hand for when it happens again.
    Yeh il be getting my blood sugar checked. Iv been reading a bit, I think I possibly been having too many simple carbs ie sugar from energy drinks prior to training, causes huge spike in insulin production, great for a short period but once sugar is used up, get re feeling of hypo which is horrible. Going to try more complex carbs , and maybe replace energy drinks with couple of bananas, slower acting. Il definitely be keeping glucose on me tho cos I'm pretty sure I was close to passing out the other day

binsser is offline Senior Member
    i get this i go weak and get shakes gotta up your foods because as soon as i get it i eat everything and it goes after 10 minutes !!

BBJT200 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworder View Post
    Increase everything! No matter how many calories you are consuming if your body is going that low on blood glucose it means you are using everything. So keep eating! Clean sources of course You don't want to spike it though, don't consume simple carbs get it from baked potatoes, yams, the good stuff
    Baked potatoes are worse than table sugar on the glycemic index. Food for thought. If you're worried about insulin , this is one food that should NEVER be eaten.

binsser is offline Senior Member
    sweet potato m8 and its the best!!

Quote Originally Posted by JTathlete View Post
    Baked potatoes are worse than table sugar on the glycemic index. Food for thought. If you're worried about insulin, this is one food that should NEVER be eaten.
    I suffer from the same problem and I like baked Russets potatoes, broccoli and some nice steak every 2-3. You are right though some potatoes can be very high. Mixed results, some say 55 some as high as 100.

Devils Advocate is offline Junior Member
    Hypoglycemic episodes suck. Confusion, sweats, hunger and trembling. You're instantly weak. Scary stuff.

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    I over eat big time when I get them. I suffer from them all the time. I am also borderlind diabetic and it runs rampant in my family. I will probably get it eventually. But when I get my episodes, I crave sugary foods, and I always go for simple sugars because they are faster acting. I take glucose tabs, but when I dont have them on me, I eat pixy sticks, fun dip, or jam. Ill whip into a gas station and start eating before I check out. You need the simple sugars to act fast, then switch to the more complex carbs. I am trying to get mine under control, and I hope you can get yours there as well.

Thread Information