Expert advice - Anavar only.

Hi boys. I've been researching for a number of years and I finally think its time I can cycle AAS. Anyway, I'm not wanting to inject at all - too many risks associated with it and I just don't want to inject. I'm 24, 182LBS and 185CM. My diet has come a long way since I first started in the gym - I never drink alcohol except on special occasions. I just go out sober. I sometimes hang out with MJ and this has never hindered my progess so it's all good. So my proposed cycle is:

Anavar at 60MG a day for seven weeks (split into three doses a day of 20MG each). Liver support will be Liv52 which will start two weeks before the cycle, run for the duration of the cycle and then finish two weeks after my last Anavar tablet. I've found that Anavar is apparently harsh on the lipids so I'll be running Lipid Stabil too for the duration of the cycle. My PCT will consist of Nolvadex 40/40/20/20 and commence the day after my last Anavar tablet. Finally, I'll be supplementing with creatine mono, beta alanine, multivitamin, glutamine, aminos and flaxseed oil.

I've got a few questions. Firstly, is an AI needed for Anavar only? I've found conflicting opinions in this area where some people say it's necessary and others say you don't need it. If it is needed, what dose is required - I was thinking Liquidex at 0.25ML E3D. Secondly, is cardio a necessity on this cycle? I'm considering doing one session a week of HIIT (five sessions a week of weight training) however some say that cardio is really hard to do on an Anavar cycle due to the pumps.

Thanks boys.
    Last edited by Striving4Aesthetics; 10-16-2012 at 01:31 AM.

atrainwright is offline Junior Member
    So do you consider us all junkies? Test only cycle will be your best bet. Get over the fear...it's way less dangerous than orals...plus you got another year to think about it

Quote Originally Posted by atrainwright View Post
    So do you consider us all junkies? Test only cycle will be your best bet. Get over the fear...it's way less dangerous than orals...plus you got another year to think about it
    I'm sorry, but that came out wrong. I just think people would be less likely to find out if I took orals as opposed to injecting.

musclekid88 is offline Junior Member
    From personal experience, but maybe due to your age that may come into consideration. At 185cm and 182lb you should still be able to grow muscle naturally before considering AAS. What was your starting weight, and how long have you been training for? I mean i am 178cm and 185lb and still able to grow naturally.

Sworder is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Striving4Aesthetics View Post
    I'm sorry, but that came out wrong. I just think people would be less likely to find out if I took orals as opposed to injecting.
    I am scared of needles too No you don't need an AI with an Anavar only cycle. Striving for aesthetics should be achievable naturally brother. Stay in the gym, break plateaus!! Don't get in the steroid game unless you are willing to make the sacrifices for it and all the side-effects that are permanent. This is at ANY age..

Oh, did you hang out with MJ @ the neverland ranch? I would stay away from there if I were you.. Smooth Criminal was one of my favorites, black and white was good too. I don't know why he decided to go all crazy. I guess fame at that young of an age inhibits natural sociopsychological processes to manifest in behavior. I don't know, weird RIP
    Last edited by Sworder; 10-16-2012 at 01:38 AM.

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Any expert would tell you to NOT do Anavar only, so this whole thing is a catch 22 exercise. If you can't inject, forget AAS. Any expert will tell you just that!

Quote Originally Posted by Sworder View Post
    I am scared of needles too No you don't need an AI with an Anavar only cycle. Striving for aesthetics should be achievable naturally brother. Stay in the gym, break plateaus!! Don't get in the steroid game unless you are willing to make the sacrifices for it and all the side-effects that are permanent. This is at ANY age..
    I'm willing to make sacrifices. I thought I would need an AI. Someone made a log saying they ended up with puffy nipples after/towards the end of their Anavar only cycle. And also due to testosterone being suppressed, would this not mean that estrogen is therefore increased and I would run the risk of estrogen related side effects? And I didn't mean Michael, I meant Mary lol.

And to one of the above posters, I'm a serious hard gainer and a true ectomorph. This is fine with me because it suits my goals in the end nicely. Anyway. I've always been tempted by Anavar due to the strength increases and slight increases in quality muscle. Also, it apparently helps with fat loss around the waist and mid section - something which sounds great to me.

Phased is offline Banned
    If your dead set on var only, someone wrote up the best Anavar only work up I have ever read, made me want to just start taking Var. Unfortunately I cannot find it anymore, it was written up by a Knowledgeable member and they had excellent results and it was an amazing read, go figure I can't find it.
    Sorry, do some digging in the search bar it might turn up
    Last edited by Phased; 10-16-2012 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    If your dead set on var only, someone wrote up the best Anavar only work up I have ever read, made me want to just start taking Var. Unfortunately I cannot find it anymore, it was written up by a Knowledgable member and they had excellent results and it was an amazing read, go figure I can't find it.
    Sorry, do some digging in the search barit might turn up
    I wouldn't know how to find it, but if you come across it then I'd greatly appreciate it if you could show me it. I want to make it the best possible Anavar only cycle I can make it possibly be. Can you remember any key points out of it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I see some others stating they are going to do Anavar only cycles and get spoon fed like a champ. Yet I have proposed a more than decent cycle yet can't get any opinions, thoughts or advice? Would seriously appreciate it.

Shsm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phased View Post
    If your dead set on var only, someone wrote up the best Anavar only work up I have ever read, made me want to just start taking Var. Unfortunately I cannot find it anymore, it was written up by a Knowledgeable member and they had excellent results and it was an amazing read, go figure I can't find it.
    Sorry, do some digging in the search bar it might turn up
    This?

Quote Originally Posted by -
    Anavar is a badass drug. This is why:

#1 - Vascularity
    Oxandrolone will make you veiny as all hell. And quickly. Look out for brand new bulging forearms veins by around day 6. If you are following a cutting regimen, expect new spider webs in your chest, shoulders and quads by around day 21.

#2 - Pumps
    When on var, the pumps are constant. Bored sitting in class/at work? Do some unweighted calf raises. After about three minutes, your calves will be ready to pop. Youll be doing something like drinking a cup of water, and after a minute of holding it, your bi will be completely full and pumped. You may have to cut some sets short in the gym due to the painful pumpage.

#3 - Strength
    Even when cutting, you can expect new strength gains every workout after about day 14-21.

#4 - Fat Loss
    Anavar has been shown to contribute to accelerated fat loss in both subcutaneous and visceral fat, concentrated effects in the abdomen and thigh area. And if youve used the drug, you can attest to this...if you cant sport the 6-8 pack look on var, its not gonna happen .

MYTHS

Myth #1 - Anavar will not suppress the HPTA.
    False. Anavar, used in adequate dosages, will shut you down. To what degree you experience side effects of suppression (loss of libido, lethargy) is entirely dependent upon the individual and the dosages used.

Myth #2 - Var is a weak anabolic , and is not effective unless stacked with a more androgenic compound.
    This could not be further from the truth. At dosages of 40mg a day and higher, anavar is incredibly effective at adding water free LBM. At around day 6-7, increased vascularity should become apparent (assuming your oxandrolone is legitimate in its dosing), and strength gains should start appearing around day 14.
    If used during a clean bulk, gains of 10-20 pounds are possible. If cutting, you will maintain weight, or even put on 5-10 pounds (depending on the rate of fat loss/severity of diet). You will keep all of your gains with proper PCT .

Myth #3 - Anavar will not require any type of PCT.
    This is one ive never understood. It's a pretty commonly known fact now that var is a suppressive compound. So why is it that some individuals still refuse to make a small investment in some clomid /nolva....this is your testicular function we're talking about. That said, PCT required for var is not as "heavy" as PCT for, say, a test/eq cycle . 15-20 days @ 50mg clomid should be sufficient.

LIBIDO

The only real issue of concern that i have found when running anavar alone is slight libido suppression. Anavar is suppressive enough to where you WILL feel a difference in your sex drive (and not for the better ) when using 40+mg a day. There are three options to counteract this.

#1 - Tribulus + Avena Sativa - Trib at 4-7g a day and Avena Sativa at 3-4g a day tend to help prevent any loss in performance or ability to get it up. However, using effective dosages is going to end up being as or more expensive than options 2 or 3...but its your call.

#2 - Proviron - If hairloss is an issue in your choice to use anavar, then you may want to avoid this one. But 25mg ED proviron, starting after week 2, will keep you rock hard. And it will help to harden up your muscles too .

#3 - Maintenance test Dosage - Finally, you could choose to use testosterone to keep your willy in shape. At a dosage of around 200mg, split bi weekly, everything should keep running smoothly. Also, this will contribute to your gains much moreso than than options 1 or 2. I would keep nolva onhand on the off chance that you are severely gyno prone. Bloating should not be an issue at this dosage.

CYCLE

Anavar should be run @ at least 40mg a day to see all of the benefits it offers. Dosages upwards of 80mg have been shown to exhibit diminishing returns. Also, i cant imagine the intensity of the pumps at that kind of dosage.

Cycle #1
    Anavar 40-50mg ED Weeks 1-8
    Tribulus 5-8g ED Weeks 1-12
    Avena Sativa 2-4g ED Weeks 1-12
    clomid 50mg ED Weeks 9-11

Cycle #2
    Proviron 25mg ED Weeks 3-8

Cycle #3
    test Prop 50mg EOD Weeks 1-8

If bulking, test enanthate could be substituted for prop, and 100mg could be injected every 3-4 days...however, this could cause more bloating, and complicate PCT timing.

LIVER PROTECTION

Anavar is a 17 Alpha Alkylated steroid , and is toxic. It has been shown to be less toxic than other orals, and is even used as liver treatment for recovering alcoholics. Still, i would limit my time using it to 8 weeks, 10 at the most.

It would be beneficial to you liver to use several different OTC supplements during, and perhaps after your cycle. A few preventive measures never hurt anyone .

1 - Milk Thistle
    The classic liver protectant herb.supposedly works by blocking the entrance of harmful substances to liver cells, and hastening their expulsion. Make sure there is a high standardization of Silymarin

2 - R ALA
    A powerful antioxidant

3 - NAC
    Supports liver function and production of l-glutathione

4 - Vitamin C and E
    Antioxidants

5 - LOADS of water
    Helps to flush out your entire system

LIPID PROTECTION

Anavar isnt going to kill your cholesterol levels like some drugs (winny being one of the worst), but it may put your LDL/HDL profiles outside of the normal range. There are a few things that help, but as long as your not using 60+mg daily or running it for more than 10 weeks, i would just use flax...
    Last edited by Shsm; 10-16-2012 at 08:23 AM.

ineedauser is offline Associate Member
    Man that is an awesome write up. I hope he's accurate!!

Quote Originally Posted by ineedauser View Post
    Man that is an awesome write up. I hope he's accurate!!
    You do realize that was taken from another steroid forum website. Anyway, thread is now officially bumped. Hopefully I can get some input before I start my cycle on Monday.

You do realize that there is knowledge and information on other websites that can be applicable here as well?

What are your goals?

t-dogg is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Ok. What is your bf%? What is a basic break down of your diet?

1) you dont need a AI if you are doing a anavar only cycle. "not advising this btw"

2) 60mgs is a great dose. 6-8wks is ideal.

3) You should run test along with this. You will get much better results, and just so you know anavar will suppress your natty test or shut it down.
    Last edited by t-dogg; 10-27-2012 at 12:08 AM.

You do realize that there is knowledge and information on other websites that can be applicable here as well?

What are your goals?
    My current goal is to lean out, add quality/retainable/lean muscle and attain visible abs (whilst still obviously being considered big/built etc). My final goal in the long run would probably be 90-95KG at less than 10% bodyfat, which I think is realistic considering my height (185CM). I'm not looking to gain muscle really quicky, I'm happy to keep tweaking my diet here and there and mixing up my workouts. I'm totally happy with consistent albeit small gains but which are quality and retainable. My reasoning for an Anavar cycle was for strength, fat loss particularly around the stomach/waist, and the quality muscle mass put on (considering that the diet is in order and a consistent workout routine is followed).

Quote Originally Posted by t-dogg View Post
    Ok. What is your bf%?

1) you dont need a AI if you are doing a anavar only cycle. "not advising this btw"

2) 60mgs is a great dose. 6-8wks is ideal.

3) You should run test along with this. You will get much better results, and just so you know anavar will suppress your natty test or shut it down.
    My current bodyfat is 12%. I'm looking to get down to 10% hopefully in the next few months - do you think that is realistic? I was told that an AI could be useful on an Anavar only cycle due to the fact it lowers testosterone and therefore estrogen will be more present. Yeah, I'm doing 60MG a day split into two doses (changed it from three doses) a day, running for seven weeks. I honestly don't think I could run test at this stage and I'll give you honest reasons. My gf would probably easily find out, I wouldn't want family/friends knowing about it and it would be obvious, I don't like the idea of needles and potential muscle scarring etc.
    Last edited by Striving4Aesthetics; 10-27-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Here is another Anavar informational thread for you. Those marks on the inside of your chest are achievable without AAS use as well

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UIt5wIZZZX8

My current goal is to lean out, add quality/retainable/lean muscle and attain visible abs (whilst still obviously being considered big/built etc). My final goal in the long run would probably be 90-95KG at less than 10% bodyfat, which I think is realistic considering my height (185CM). I'm not looking to gain muscle really quicky, I'm happy to keep tweaking my diet here and there and mixing up my workouts. I'm totally happy with consistent albeit small gains but which are quality and retainable. My reasoning for an Anavar cycle was for strength, fat loss particularly around the stomach/waist, and the quality muscle mass put on (considering that the diet is in order and a consistent workout routine is followed).
    I knew you would be back sooner or later.

When is the last time you got your BW done?

Here is another Anavar informational thread for you. Those marks on the inside of your chest are achievable without AAS use as well

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...s#.UIt5wIZZZX8
    Lol thanks buddy, I'll have a peek. Did that question I asked make sense in regards to the chest? I mean like those stretchy marks you get when you tense/stretch your chest which makes you look like a shredded beast lol. Thanks for the link mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shsm View Post
    I knew you would be back sooner or later.

When is the last time you got your BW done?
    Lol I'm not sure what you mean, but I have spoken to you before SHSM if you catch my drift lol. I got bloodwork done maybe a few months ago, everything was normal and nothing was out of order. Is bloodwork necessary to get done for an Anavar only cycle? Also, if I get it done before and after wouldn't it be obvious to the nurse/doctor than I used AAS? Would rather keep it on the downlow you know.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean and it makes perfect sense

For your goals I guess an anavar only cycle could hopefully help you along. Like t-dogg suggested, 60mg/day is a good dose. I would run it for 6 weeks. The longer you run a cycle the longer you will be shutdown.

Getting those abs chiseled out is going to require diet and cardio however. There is no shortcut on that one. I would focus first on mass, then on cutting! Ideal would be to get to 95kg then cut down to 90kg @ 10%. Testosterone would be your best bet, it's a strong drug and much better than anavar only. To each his own and we will try to help you regardless of the tools you use.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean and it makes perfect sense

For your goals I guess an anavar only cycle could hopefully help you along. Like t-dogg suggested, 60mg/day is a good dose. I would run it for 6 weeks. The longer you run a cycle the longer you will be shutdown.

Getting those abs chiseled out is going to require diet and cardio however. There is no shortcut on that one. I would focus first on mass, then on cutting! Ideal would be to get to 95kg then cut down to 90kg @ 10%. Testosterone would be your best bet, it's a strong drug and much better than anavar only. To each his own and we will try to help you regardless of the tools you use.
    Lol. Thanks man you've been a good help. I guess I won't be on here for much longer until I get banned. I honestly don't see why I am getting banned when I said I won't be trolling, I'll be posting insightful comments, and will be researching diet, workouts and posting logs. Seems a little unfair for me.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Lol. Thanks man you've been a good help. I guess I won't be on here for much longer until I get banned. I honestly don't see why I am getting banned when I said I won't be trolling, I'll be posting insightful comments, and will be researching diet, workouts and posting logs. Seems a little unfair for me.
    You should have never run your pie hole in the other thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    You should have never run your pie hole in the other thread!
    And where did I "run my pie whole" in the other thread?

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    And where did I "run my pie whole" in the other thread?
    serious?

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    serious?
    Yeah I'm serious. I didn't flame anyone. So basically anyone who saw Zyzz as a MILD inspiration is considered a troll and deserves to be banned? True.

Yeah I'm serious. I didn't flame anyone. So basically anyone who saw Zyzz as a MILD inspiration is considered a troll and deserves to be banned? True.
    Dude..you were a pain in the aas as Sharmabrah and earlier you tell Sworder to take a crap on your chest. This place is for info and a bit of GOOD humor. Not trolling. Nobody has time or patience to chase trolls!

So basically anyone who saw Zyzz as a MILD inspiration is considered a troll and deserves to be banned?
    Yes.

Dude..you were a pain in the aas as Sharmabrah and earlier you tell Sworder to take a crap on your chest. This place is for info and a bit of GOOD humor. Not trolling. Nobody has time or patience to chase trolls!
    How was I a pain in the ass as sharmabrah? Funny cause no one else had a problem with me except for you and whoever banned me. I received some great help off some knowledgebale members like Lovbyts, Times Roman and Dec11 if I remember correctly. Just a shame that you seem to have a problem with everyone on these boards. Sworder took it as a joke when I asked him to take a dump on my chest. In fact, het even helped me in a previous thread I made afterwards and was all good about it. You just need to get a sense of humour and take it as a joke. I'm guessing your the type of guy that if someone says some friendly banter about you then you'll knock them out and stomp them a few times.

How was I a pain in the ass as sharmabrah? Funny cause no one else had a problem with me except for you and whoever banned me. I received some great help off some knowledgebale members like Lovbyts, Times Roman and Dec11 if I remember correctly. Just a shame that you seem to have a problem with everyone on these boards. Sworder took it as a joke when I asked him to take a dump on my chest. In fact, het even helped me in a previous thread I made afterwards and was all good about it. You just need to get a sense of humour and take it as a joke. I'm guessing your the type of guy that if someone says some friendly banter about you then you'll knock them out and stomp them a few times.
    1) I never had a prob till tonight..

2) I have no problem with ANYONE on this board

3) ME get a sense of humor...have you read any of my post history lmao

4) I'm a peace keeper not a fighter bro...by your own admission you troll on occasion (alot of times I recall as Sharm). It is counter productive to have some jackwagon pop in on every thread and spout off some tard comment that is completely unrelated to the thread.

5) EVERYONE is expected to follow the rules. You were banned once and returned as Sharm..you cldnt stay under the radar then becuase of your comments. Now you come back again (still against the rules) and right out of the gate you start saying dumb shyt. If I were you and I really wanted to be here on this board I would fly under the radar...my guess is that that advise is too little too late!

Lunk is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Lunk is gay.
    Your going to get knocked out and stomped on!

Your going to get knocked out and stomped on!
    LOL. I thought I might...

1) I never had a prob till tonight..

2) I have no problem with ANYONE on this board

3) ME get a sense of humor...have you read any of my post history lmao

4) I'm a peace keeper not a fighter bro...by your own admission you troll on occasion (alot of times I recall as Sharm). It is counter productive to have some jackwagon pop in on every thread and spout off some tard comment that is completely unrelated to the thread.

5) EVERYONE is expected to follow the rules. You were banned once and returned as Sharm..you cldnt stay under the radar then becuase of your comments. Now you come back again (still against the rules) and right out of the gate you start saying dumb shyt. If I were you and I really wanted to be here on this board I would fly under the radar...my guess is that that advise is too little too late!
    I'd rather not lie and fly under the radar. I'm not the type of person to lie or be deceptive. I'd rather it be out in the open and hopefully the higher powers understand that I won't troll, I want to be on these message boards and I want to learn as much as possible. I guess if they think I should be banned then that's fine and I understand.

Flying under the radar does not mean lying. It means keeping your fn mouth shut and not drawing attention to yourself! Read but don't respond. Ask questions that have substance and are not just assinine!

Flying under the radar does not mean lying. It means keeping your fn mouth shut and not drawing attention to yourself! Read but don't respond. Ask questions that have substance and are not just assinine!
    Point taken.

Thread Information