BobTheBodyBuilder is offline Associate Member

Doctor prescribed me Accutane for my acne.

Hey guys, I am 3.5 weeks into my cycle. 3 weeks before I even started my cycle, my face brokeout with acne all over my forehead and on the side of my nose. 1 week into my cycle doc prescribed me some mild antibiotics for the acne but no dice.

Today I got prescribed Isotretinoin 40mg capsules (Clarus Accutane) 1 40mg pill a day.

The pharmacist told me that I will have to get my bloodwork done around 2 months into the accutane cycle. The doc will notice my high test levels.

But anyways, my main question is does anyone have experience taking accutane on cycle? I'm currently pinning 500mg test cyp a week.

Thanks in advance.

Devils Advocate is offline Junior Member
    I don't think he's going to see your test levels unless he's looking for them. I have never taken accutane on a cycle, but I can't see there being any issue unless you were on an oral AAS which you aren't. But be prepared to get some chapped lips and lethargy. The stuff works amazingly but it's so horrible. How bad is your acne? You should try freshly squeezed lemon juice to spread on the affected areas before bed and leave on overnight. Works wonders for me. Same results as accutane, without any side effects, well aside from a bit of a burn/itch when applying it. And it's cheap! Not sure it would work for you but it sure does for me, my face has never been better.

BobTheBodyBuilder is offline Associate Member
    Well the doc said its really hard on the liver and to avoid alcohol. I don't think test is very harsh on the liver.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    a lot of members use accutane while on cycle. health-wise, i dont think there is much to worry about. 40mg ed seems a little high, your acne is really bad? anyway, just follow the dr's request regarding the bloodworks to make sure you're not suffering any sides. like DA said, i dont think your dr will include total test in the panel, not to worry. (but i personally feel that accutane is more effective than lemon juice.. )

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    That should clear it up in no time.Good luck.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    They are checking your liver values with the blood work. No point in testing multiple other things such as testosterone as that would be costly and provide no insight on the accutane usage. On my run of it, I had bloodwork done every 4 weeks for the first 12. Since my levels were fine after 12, I did not have to do anymore bloodwork while on

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Check out a recent post on Ronnie Rowland's STS thread. Apparently there's some new acne medication (I forget the name) that he says works great without all the sides of Accutane.

Thread Information