allnatty is offline Junior Member

buddy got an infection. need some help

My good friend got an infection in his glute from pinning. He always pins his glutes but this time he either wasnt fully clean and got an infection. He went to the doc and he got some antibiodics. He started pinning his delts instead now, but according to him he thinks they got infected as well. He said they are so painful and swollen and red. He was clean and used swabs on bottles, spot he shot, and after, and obviously a clean needle. He was wondering if it was the gear itd self, but me and my other friend are also using the exact same test and eq so i doubt it can be. Im at a loss at what it could be. Maybe bad luck? Or one of his bottles even tho exactly the same as mine nd my other buddies is contaminated? Also if it was contaminated wouldnt he get an infection on week one of his cycle and not week 5?

Also i wanna add that he lives in a small condo with a roomate who has a 100 pound pitbull he never cleans or takes care of. This dog smells terrible all the time, and maybe he could have bacteria on him thats makin him get infections when hes shooting in his condo? Maybe thats a stretch, but im not sure what else makes sense.

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    If the delts are virgin muscle he will experience discomfort. If infected the antibiotics will take care of this.
    Sounds as if there is a breakdown in sterility either in the handling, or the gear itself may not be sterile.
    Was the gear new? Was it used without problems before the infection??

allnatty is offline Junior Member
    Yep the gear was used like four weeks prior with no infection

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Ok so there is a breakdown in handling. New syringe and needles every time lots of alcohol to swab the vials and injection site before and after. Wash your hands and wipe down the prep surface with alcohol as well before starting.

Use sterile alcohol wipes. Not cotton and alcohol.
    Store your gear in a airtight container.

Give that smelly a$$ dog a bath too.

Thread Information