mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

AAS, Blasting, potassium and boobies

so i have heard a lot of the big boys talk about taking potassium over the years. And i was curious what role it plays in bodybuilding. i always thought you took double the amount of potassium to sodium intake, but i was reading a pill bottle yesterday and it says its for low sodium diets??

Flex wheeler has made more then one youtube video saying that, sports technology drugs aside. The his near-fatal illness that nearly killed him was aggressively brought on sooner then later by very large amounts of potassium and high protein intake. I get the damage high protein intake does.. again can someone educate me on potassium and its key role(s) it plays for us.

thanks

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Potassium is needed for all living cells, and your heart would stop beating if your K+ (potassium ion) levels dropped far too low, just as it would if they became far too high (lethal injections are performed with a high dose of sodium chloride).

If your kidneys are functioning properly, you don't have any medical conditions that interfere with potassium absorption or unchecked excretion (diarrhea), and you eat a balanced diet (without too much salt, as Na+ and K+ levels should be balanced), your body will maintain proper potassium levels.
    And potassium pills are basically useless, since they only contain 100mg of K+. The RDA is 3500mg.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 10-28-2012 at 01:30 AM.

mockery is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Potassium is needed for all living cells, not just bodybuilding. Without it, every cell in your body would bloat and rupture.

If your kidneys are functioning properly, you don't have any medical conditions that interfere with potassium absorption or unchecked excretion (diarrhea), and you eat a balanced diet (without too much salt, as Na+ and K+ levels should be balanced), your body will maintain proper potassium levels.
    And potassium pills are basically useless, since they only contain 100mg of K+. The RDA is 3500mg.
    thanks man, solid answer. appreciate your time to answer this.

Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mockery
    so i have heard a lot of the big boys talk about taking potassium over the years. And i was curious what role it plays in bodybuilding. i always thought you took double the amount of potassium to sodium intake, but i was reading a pill bottle yesterday and it says its for low sodium diets??

Flex wheeler has made more then one youtube video saying that, sports technology drugs aside. The his near-fatal illness that nearly killed him was aggressively brought on sooner then later by very large amounts of potassium and high protein intake. I get the damage high protein intake does.. again can someone educate me on potassium and its key role(s) it plays for us.

thanks
    Disappointed.....

Nothing about boobies lol

Thread Information