Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    beans14 is offline Associate Member

8 week reload/deload vs. 12 weeks?

Can someone please shed some light on this. Why does Ronnie Rowland's sticky recommend 8weeks max on aas (even ling estee test) and most others say go 12 weeks w/o upping your dose?

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Did you read his thread it goes into great detail on the subject. And I know that question is answered because I re read it every couple of weeks and follow 8/2

Honestly Cape, I've read about 10pages in, and the last few. I use the iPhone app and there are over 300pages. I did see the question being asked but never saw the response and thought it may have been lost. It's looks like a very interesting option

I'm not trying to be lazy, that's not my intention with not finishing the read.... YET

I'm coming up on week 8 next week. Was debating if I should consider it a viable option? I've also debated upping my dose but hear stick with original plan if 12 weeks @ 500/wk

Quote Originally Posted by beans14
    I'm coming up on week 8 next week. Was debating if I should consider it a viable option? I've also debated upping my dose but hear stick with original plan if 12 weeks @ 500/wk
    Not the hole thread buddy. Just Ronnie's into on it.
    What is your cycle experience? And stats?
    What are you running?

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo

Not the hole thread buddy. Just Ronnie's into on it.
    What is your cycle experience? And stats?
    What are you running?
    Aas is a new world for me Cape, this is my first cycle. I wasn't clear with what I was writing. I didn't mean I was considering it an option for this cycle, but thought of upping the dose for the remainder of the weeks. Currently running test Cyp @ 500/wk along with aromasin @ 12.5eod. 5'7" 182lbs (15% bf) at start of cycle. Yesterday morning at the gym I was 190lbs.
    Link mentioned last week also to stuck with O plan, then this weekend I came across that stickie. Not sure how I missed it before

warmouth is offline Productive Member
    Stick to your plan Beans. Better off just to stick to the plan then research advanced methods. Ronnies article is amazing and makes alot of sense, but it is for advanced guys with alot of experience. You would be better off to finish up, then PCT and rest. Then spend your time researching compounds and cycle durations. You'll be glad you did! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth
    Stick to your plan Beans. Better off just to stick to the plan then research advanced methods. Ronnies article is amazing and makes alot of sense, but it is for advanced guys with alot of experience. You would be better off to finish up, then PCT and rest. Then spend your time researching compounds and cycle durations. You'll be glad you did! Good luck!
    Seems like warmouth knows you and your cycle. I defer to him. A plan is called a plan for a reason. I thought you were ah never mind listen to war.

^^Ha. I read over him and Lunk chatting the other day. Seems to have his head on his shoulders. He is capable of doing what is right for sure. Alot of risk is involved in Ronnies thread, but alot of reward too. Definitely think about something that advanced before you jump in because the risk is a real thing in yo-yo ing like that, especially if you are a young man.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth
    ^^Ha. I read over him and Lunk chatting the other day. Seems to have his head on his shoulders. He is capable of doing what is right for sure. Alot of risk is involved in Ronnies thread, but alot of reward too. Definitely think about something that advanced before you jump in because the risk is a real thing in yo-yo ing like that, especially if you are a young man.
    I recall reading about yo-yoing. Was referring to gaining muscle then loosing it, I believe he said it begins after about 2 weeks after pct. Correct?

Cape, I'm also 32 and have been training since I was in my early 20's.
    I'm not trying to be "THAT GUY"

I agree with you Cape, a plan is a plan for a reason. There is just so much info out there and you come across a pile of info out there. Once you read it you think "maybe that's a better idea".

First cycle. Stick to plan. You don't need to even think about Ronnie's unless you are prepared for TRT
    You are young and will want a family or add to it.
    Stick to a cycle and pct. time off blood work and go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    First cycle. Stick to plan. You don't need to even think about Ronnie's unless you are prepared for TRT
    You are young and will want a family or add to it.
    Stick to a cycle and pct. time off blood work and go again.
    I'm taking the advice of you both. Plan on finishing that stickie this week off. Also plan on getting blood work this week to see where things are at.

Perfect.

You guys are invaluable to those willing to take the advice

adamjames is offline Member
    My first cycle was test prop for 8 weeks........... my second cycle i will be using rowlands slingshot protocol for 20 weeks, all depends what your goals are, if your aiming to be as big as you can be and have come to terms with the fact that you may end up on HRT then rowlands protocol is a good way forward, if you want to look good on the beach this summer then your prob better doing shorter cycles

One last question for you Cape, are you saying that those on TRT can't have children?

I'm not saying it not possible. But why make it harder than necessary on yourself if you don't have to?

Bodybuilders do get wives pregnant. Anything can happen.

But why tie your penis behind your back to do it ?

Your not going to compete so IMHO not worth the risk.

What Cape said. And yo yo ing isnt about gaining and losing. It is about blasting, then lowering, then blasting again, then repeat until desired or cant handle anymore. You are upping and lowering the hormones over and over. I wouldnt even think about it until you are settled in and are comfortable in knowing your limits. TRT is not all the young guys think it is cracked up to be. I want children someday, and for me, it is going to take more drugs in order for me to have them. That is no good. I may not even be able to have them, who knows. My Low T was caused from Blood Pressure medicine use for over 15 years, not AAS.

Thread Information