Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member

Test and good cholesterol

Before I committed to trt I ran test at 500mg for 16 weeks. Coming down to my trt dose was a little difficult. Obviously the feeling is night and day but this is about my over all health and I can always come back to a aas dose down the road.

With that being said I notice a lot of guys post that they have been cruising at 250-400mgs for years. Arent these people at risk of lowering their hdl thus increasing their risk for heart attack.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy
    Before I committed to trt I ran test at 500mg for 16 weeks. Coming down to my trt dose was a little difficult. Obviously the feeling is night and day but this is about my over all health and I can always come back to a aas dose down the road.

With that being said I notice a lot of guys post that they have been cruising at 250-400mgs for years. Arent these people at risk of lowering their hdl thus increasing their risk for heart attack.
    Yes and no. While the effect of exogenous testosterone on lipids is dose dependent, it's not necessarily linear. There are many factors that will effect lipids including nutrition, exercise, bf, familial history, pre existing syndromes, age, other drugs taken, etc. Thus, two men each taking a 400mg dose of TRT weekly could have very different lipid profiles depending on other contributing variables. In general, one would expect that increasing doses will subsequently have a negative impact in lipids, but exactly how severe an impact isn't easily predicted. The only sure fire way to know is routine blood work.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    So my hdl could be neg effected at 400mg but someone else could be fine at that dose.....

Makes sense

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwy
    So my hdl could be neg effected at 400mg but someone else could be fine at that dose.....

Makes sense
    Well.....if by fine you mean still within normal ranges, yes. In most cases I would expect some change in HDL, LDL, total cholesterol, and triglycerides. The degree or amount of change would depend on many of the factors I mentioned. So yes, it is possible one person at a dose of 400mgs would experience a bigger impact than another.

Thread Information