Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member

Use Steroids & Need TRT - Fact

After reading one of Bear’s responses in another thread, I thought this would be a good topic of discussion.

The prevailing idea is that if you’re under 25 years old and you use steroids you will end up shutting yourself down and need TRT for the rest of your life. Now I’m not advocating kids or very young men using steroids , it is true they risk damaging their HPTA. However, I also believe many (guys over 25) hold to a false sense of security when it comes to steroid use and their natural testosterone production.

The idea is simple; supplement with steroids moderately, short to moderate cycles, implement solid PCT plans and take adequate amounts of time off. Do this and you will more than likely protect yourself from the need for TRT…I disagree.

If you’re going to be a steroid user, even if you hold to the above idea, more than likely you’re still going to need TRT at some point in your life. How soon or when is impossible to predict but if you continually and repeatedly shut your testosterone production down year after year it’s going to more than likely happen. Now the next question is pretty simple; is the need for TRT really that big of a deal or something we should be upset or concerned about? I say no it’s not. Even if you’re not going to be a steroid user, more than likely as you reach and surpass 40yrs of age you will benefit greatly from TRT. Many will absolutely need it despite no prior steroid use and while others may be OK without it they would be far better off with it. Some may not have what’s traditionally considered low testosterone , but maintaining optimal testosterone levels rather than just above the reference range will make them far better off.

Will a steroid user need TRT before the guy who never used steroids? Sure, there’s a good chance but both will end up needing it or at least greatly benefiting from it at some point in their life. In my opinion, if you’re going to be a steroid user, even if you’re going to follow the safest ways of use possible, your best bet is to assume you will end up on a TRT plan at some point regardless. If this is an idea you can’t handle, you shouldn’t use steroids. However, if the idea of TRT really makes you that sick to your stomach understand steroid use or not at some point in your life you’ll greatly benefit from it and if you decide not to take it you’ll only shortchange your wellbeing.

OK, I’m sure plenty will disagree but in my opinion the above statement is simply reality.
    Last edited by Metalject; 02-19-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Thread Information