Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eaglebrah is offline New Member

just some questions before starting

Never run a cycle before but have some exttra cash and would like to try it once.
    I been reading the stickies and its a lot of info to take in and I'm very nervous, but excited to give my workouts a boost.
    1. When pinning do you use the same spot often(exact same spot) or move an inch away in same area?
    2.I'm training on Madcows intermediate5x5, is this a good program or are the effects greater in hypertrophy BB type routines?either way I plan on staying with madcows till sometime during summer or more.
    3. I see test is the recomenndation for 1st cycle, does this still stand seeing as I'm focused on strength and explosivness, not size and build?
    Last edited by eaglebrah; 03-05-2013 at 10:22 AM.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Hit the forums and start reading and researching you will find youre answers.

red_hulk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101
    Hit the forums and start reading and researching you will find youre answers.
    Do this, and just when you think you know everything you want to know, keep researching. It's better to hold off and be ready than to jump into it.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    Youre too skinny. 5'11" 165.

Welcome.

You need to learn to eat properly before you learn to use AAS. If you do a cycle now, you likely will not keep any of it because you have not built a foundation for any new muscle to grow on. You first need to build some solid dense muscle in order to maintain any new muscle. Then, you need to eat more to maintain your new muscle. It’s all about eating. Figure out your TDEE and up your cals at least 500 each day to gain some weight. Workout regularly and eat a high calorie clean balanced diet. There's no magic pill. The magic is EATING.

Post your intended diet here including macros and the pros in there will assist you in tweaking your diet to fit your intended goals. Good luck!

Nutritional Forum

http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...M#.UHNufa7X_fs

Hard Gainers - Gaining Weight

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...!#.UISXU2fX_ft

Sorry double posted
    Last edited by eaglebrah; 03-05-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Im too skinny for BB comp and powerloifting comp, but is there a rule on how much to weigh to run a cycle?

I don't want aesthetics, I'm looking to boost strength, I know at 5'11 I need to be 200+ for PL meet but to compete with myself I'm fine with my size. Hopefully gain 20lbs over next couple yrs, and regards to nutrition I have a good diet I get my macros, just not consistant with the caloric surplus for gaining lbs, which isn't important I like my build in the mirror and my strength is good I just want it to be better.

Any advice on which cycle for PL?

And I believe I have a solid base my. 1rm at the gym was bench 225 w/pause squat 315 below parallel and 350 DL. I had one of the PT's check my form while doing these and he complimented my form and called out the pause and rack command for me.
    Last edited by eaglebrah; 03-05-2013 at 01:50 PM.

PillarofBalance is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglebrah View Post
    Im too skinny for BB comp and powerloifting comp, but is there a rule on how much to weigh to run a cycle?

I don't want aesthetics, I'm looking to boost strength, I know at 5'11 I need to be 200+ for PL meet but to compete with myself I'm fine with my size. Hopefully gain 20lbs over next couple yrs, and regards to nutrition I have a good diet I get my macros, just not consistant with the caloric surplus for gaining lbs, which isn't important I like my build in the mirror and my strength is good I just want it to be better.

Any advice on which cycle for PL?

And I believe I have a solid base my. 1rm at the gym was bench 225 w/pause squat 315 below parallel and 350 DL. I had one of the PT's check my form while doing these and he complimented my form and called out the pause and rack command for me.
    Size matters in PL as well bro... But lets say you're content at your weight and would compete in that range. At your height, it really shows that you don't know how to eat sufficient calories. Which means your training is not as brutal as it could or should be.

I'm 5'11" as well, and I didn't touch gear until I was 29 and weighed 225. I'm now 260.

Put in the work eating first. Get up to around 200lbs naturally and then consider gear. Also just so you know, many or dare I say most powerlifters do no cycle. They blast as cruise.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    but is there a rule on how much to weigh to run a cycle?
    No, but, you would have better results if you had a better base. Post a picture, because according to 5'11 165 I can't see you packing to much of a base. People here want to help, you just have to listen and not be stubborn like so many others

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    No, but, you would have better results if you had a better base. Post a picture, because according to 5'11 165 I can't see you packing to much of a base. People here want to help, you just have to listen and not be stubborn like so many others
    Hey man don't want to sound stubborn or anything, but I uploaded 2 pics I know quality is chit, one is my avi the other is a quad shot should be in my profile. I can't embed from phone.

I will try to get a better one at home this P.M.
    Last edited by eaglebrah; 03-05-2013 at 03:17 PM.

stpete is offline Banned
    What exactly is it your after? To stay the same size only stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    What exactly is it your after? To stay the same size only stronger?
    No man I'm just keeping it simple

Strength > size
    If I gain weight faster than I do now(2-3lbs a month) that is ok I just focusing on strength.
    I figure most go on cycle to gain weight and mass for aesthetics.

And I understand that at my height I need to be 200+ to compete.

You can compete at any weight. But for obvious reasons, body weight significantly increases strength, all thing being equal.

There's no magic number, but IMHO, i like to see at least 185-190lbs on a 5'11' man with around 15% BF before starting AAS. This indicates a level of commitment, knowledge, and maturity, to maintain and achieve that level of fitness. (unless you're genetically gifted)

So, this is the reasoning behind my advice and that i recommend you continue to eat, lift, and build, a solid foundation of LBM to support any new increased muscle that you will inevitably gain.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    You can compete at any weight. But for obvious reasons, body weight significantly increases strength, all thing being equal.

There's no magic number, but IMHO, i like to see at least 185-190lbs on a 5'11' man with around 15% BF before starting AAS. This indicates a level of commitment, knowledge, and maturity, to maintain and achieve that level of fitness. (unless you're genetically gifted)

So, this is the reasoning behind my advice and that i recommend you continue to eat, lift, and build, a solid foundation of LBM to support any new increased muscle that you will inevitably gain.
    Ok I understand you now, makes complete sense but since I've bothered you this long, say I follow your advice hit 190 natty, would there be a better route than test for the strength biased gains or does it work like that?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglebrah View Post
    Ok I understand you now, makes complete sense but since I've bothered you this long, say I follow your advice hit 190 natty, would there be a better route than test for the strength biased gains or does it work like that?
    No. Test only first cycle. This is extremely important. You need to know exactly how your body well handle exogenous testosterone , and how YOU will handle it and the associated sides.

Test only, will provide incredible strength gains. There is a guy on here right now who has ran 4 cycles with Test only and is happier than a pig in shyt.

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    It is entirely possible to add muscle and strength from where you are. I think you're confused though. You don't want to gain size? Then what's the point in cycling? Sure, you can gain more strength but where do you think it comes from, the oil? No, it comes from the increasing muscle mass largely. You really should put some weight on before you cycle. Just work on diet. Stay the same weight by adding muscle and cutting fat. Recomp yourself

John Andrew is offline Member
    Reach your absolute best natural. I was 50 and stuck, but I had won a number of state titles. I am now 57, stronger, leaner and enjoying everything more. No need to worry about the side affects so much at my age, AAS just means I can enjoy life more, stay feeling younger, recover a lot faster.

Good luck and kind regards john

Thread Information