Thread: Ok here goes

upallniteagain is offline New Member

Ok here goes

I am a new member and recently I've been talking to a friend who is on his 2nd cycle. Currently I am not lifting but do run at least 2-3 times a week. I have mixed in some cycling into it as well. I do not have a routine for lifting at the moment and just looking for advice.

My question is whether I should be established first as having a routine before a first cycle or could an individual start lifting with a routine and cycle at the same time. I am a healthy 42 year old male, 6ft at 185lbs with military background so I do have enough discipline to do this. I would like to lose about 10 pounds of weight and am fine with gaining that back in muscle. I don't want a lot of bulk. I want to keep lean. Just looking for ideas on his I should start. My friend says that I just need a routine and I could start the first cycle. It also advised me when or if I start to avoid cardio. I'm new to this so just curious what effect doing cardio while on a cycle has a negative effect? I would think that since I don't want a lot of bulk but want a lean cut that cardio and a weight lifting routine would be the way to go? Other then having the drive and discipline I do not know much else so I will appreciate any advice you may also have.

jr292 is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you can attain your goals naturally....10 pounds is not that much. Also, I wouldn't recommend aas until you have reached your genetic potential and have been training and eating for at least a couple years. I would start a lifting routine in addition to your cardio and you will be down 10 lbs in no time and will add some muscle.

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Actually you can obtain all this with a good routine, cardio, and a great diet. All without having to use gear!

Now you are certainly able and old enough to do what you please but I personally would get my routine, diet, and cardio in check and check back in 6 months and see where your at!! You would be amazed at what can be accomplished with those things in order.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are not lifting actually aas is the last thing you want. You'll achieve your goal naturally with a good lifting routine and dieting.

And you will be surprise how fast it will be.

Good luck

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^^Agreed

upallniteagain is offline New Member
    Thanks for all of the advice. I'm going to take the natural route first.

Thread Information