Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AD
  • 1 Post By AD
  • 1 Post By Buster Brown

Thread: Gains slowing or ceased mid cycle...

voshi is offline Junior Member

Gains slowing or ceased mid cycle...

Hey all,

4th cycle, this time just running Test E by itself at 750mg/week.

My question is; does the human body get to a certain stage (size/weight) where a cycle like this will only get me to a certain point?

The reason I'm asking is because during my 2nd (test/deca ) and 3rd (test/tren ) cycles I stopped gaining weight at around 103kg (227lbs). The 2nd cycle this happened at about week 9 of 12. And 3rd cycle it happened even earlier (although i did cut up a bit more in the following weeks and still gained strength (thanks tren...))

The first thing someone will say is what is my diet like... its pretty damn good. When the weight/size gains stopped i increased my calorie intake upto 30% for the remainder of the cycle and still saw no more weight gains. (more caories was actually food and not protein shakes btw)

I'm currently 7 weeks into this test cycle, although I'm loving it I have stopped growing yet again, strength gains are still slooowly increasing.

All in all, over 4 cycles in 3 years I have gained (and maintained the majority) 20kg (44lbs). I'm happy with the results from most of my cycles (except deca - not a huge fan) but was just wondering are these sorts of cycles only going to get me here? is increasing the dose going to change much? and as much as I would love to use GH... waaaay too expensive here.

Any help/opinions would me greatly appreciated.

Voshi

Zoey101Fan is offline Banned
    in for answers. I try to plow through 8kcals per day and can't get above 235lbs. Running a similar cycle as you.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    More food.

Doom44 is offline Member
    If you want to get big you have to eat big. It's as simple as that

By Rich Piana

thanks for the input but i did mention i increased my food intake by 30% on 2 different cycles and still no changes for the remainder of those cycles...

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    of cos, the simple answer is eat more, and train harder.

but i think you already know the real answer. there is definitely a genetic limit as to how much muscle you can pile on, and also how fast those muscle fibers can grow per cycle, regardless of how much juice you're injecting.

if you're certain you know what you're doing with regards to diet and training, then you're possibly hitting that limit now.
    Java Man likes this.

thanks AD thats more the answer i was looking for. so upping my cycles arent going to change much then? the only way to get past the genetic threshold on the gear would possibly be GH or other growth peptides?

sorry, ive done little research on peptides.

but surely i can do something to get past this 227lbs (10% bf) mark?

AD
    whats your height?

i really can't say what you limit will be. 227? 230? 235?

adding more drugs will help you a little, but there will still be a limit after that. and the more chemicals you use, the risk of serious side effects increases. i think at some point, you'll just have to say that you're big enough. 227lbs is pretty big i must say.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoey101Fan
    in for answers. I try to plow through 8kcals per day and can't get above 235lbs. Running a similar cycle as you.
    I'd be interested to see your 8000calorie a day, every day, diet if you would care to divulge?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

i'm 183cm (6'0")

will any peptides help get past that genetic threshold? like i said before i've done little research on peptides but obviously GH would be an option.. but what about slin and IGF etc?

cheers bro

p.s i am quite happy with my size but i'd love to get to ~110kg (244lbs). like alot of guys i guess... don't think they're 'big enough' lol

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I'd be interested to see your 8000calorie a day, every day, diet if you would care to divulge?
    easy. 4L of ice-cream, split into 6 equal portions. throughout the day
    Java Man likes this.

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by voshi View Post
    i'm 183cm (6'0")

will any peptides help get past that genetic threshold? like i said before i've done little research on peptides but obviously GH would be an option.. but what about slin and IGF etc?

cheers bro

p.s i am quite happy with my size but i'd love to get to ~110kg (244lbs). like alot of guys i guess... don't think they're 'big enough' lol
    adding more drugs will most like help with further gains. just bear in mind that the risk of sides are increased too.

yeah i always keep the negatives in mind... i think the doses i use are still low compared with others. and i always keep an eye on my bloods pre mid and post cycle. they have always come back healthy as. never had elevated liver enzymes or anything and thats even running accutane through my last tren cycle.

thanks for the input!
    Last edited by voshi; 05-16-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why not just limit your cycles to 8 weeks from now on if that seems to be your sweet spot for growth.
    Java Man likes this.

AlinSR is offline new member
    Progress doesn't not usually take a b line to the top, meaning you will have times you don't gain or even lose, but in the end, your cycle should show progress. If it doesn't you can eat more, train harder, or take more drugs, or a combo of them all.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I'm not qualified to speak intelligently about the possibility of receptor down-regulation or saturation/increased tolerance as the hard science goes, but in my 5 or 6 cycles over the past 20y I believe there is some truth to it. Every cycle I gained less weight even though I increased.the dose and food accordingly as my weight increased. I am a very slim guy by genetics. I was about 135lbs at 6' tall when I was 19. Oh yeah, I was Ripped lol. My wrists to this day are only 7.5'' around. I'm at 220 now and I don't think I'm going to get bigger.

The point is I think there is a point where of you CAN get more lbm it may cost you more to get it and maintain it than it's worth. I'm focusing on sculping what I have instead of worrying about more size. Illusion of taper can make 220 look like 290.

AD
    Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    I'm not qualified to speak intelligently about the possibility of receptor down-regulation or saturation/increased tolerance as the hard science goes, but in my 5 or 6 cycles over the past 20y I believe there is some truth to it. Every cycle I gained less weight even though I increased.the dose and food accordingly as my weight increased. I am a very slim guy by genetics. I was about 135lbs at 6' tall when I was 19. Oh yeah, I was Ripped lol. My wrists to this day are only 7.5'' around. I'm at 220 now and I don't think I'm going to get bigger.

The point is I think there is a point where of you CAN get more lbm it may cost you more to get it and maintain it than it's worth. I'm focusing on sculping what I have instead of worrying about more size. Illusion of taper can make 220 look like 290.
    very true

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Why not just limit your cycles to 8 weeks from now on if that seems to be your sweet spot for growth.
    this

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    ^exactly. If you know your body and it stops gaining after two months or so, limit yourself to shorter cycles

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by voshi View Post
    Hey all,

4th cycle, this time just running Test E by itself at 750mg/week.

My question is; does the human body get to a certain stage (size/weight) where a cycle like this will only get me to a certain point?

The reason I'm asking is because during my 2nd (test/deca ) and 3rd (test/tren ) cycles I stopped gaining weight at around 103kg (227lbs). The 2nd cycle this happened at about week 9 of 12. And 3rd cycle it happened even earlier (although i did cut up a bit more in the following weeks and still gained strength (thanks tren...))

The first thing someone will say is what is my diet like... its pretty damn good. When the weight/size gains stopped i increased my calorie intake upto 30% for the remainder of the cycle and still saw no more weight gains. (more caories was actually food and not protein shakes btw)

I'm currently 7 weeks into this test cycle, although I'm loving it I have stopped growing yet again, strength gains are still slooowly increasing.

All in all, over 4 cycles in 3 years I have gained (and maintained the majority) 20kg (44lbs). I'm happy with the results from most of my cycles (except deca - not a huge fan) but was just wondering are these sorts of cycles only going to get me here? is increasing the dose going to change much? and as much as I would love to use GH... waaaay too expensive here.

Any help/opinions would me greatly appreciated.

Voshi
    Up your calories,,,good fats and complex carbs. Also, change your training up.

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Honestly 750 mg a week doesn't sound like a lot to me. Especially by itself on your 4th cycle. Most ppl recommend a first time AAS user to start at 500mg a week.

I think you needed to throw in another compound or up the dose bro. Also agree with others if 8 weeks seems to be your plateau point on a cycle then keep them to 8 weeks. I will not mention food as you made it clear that you got that handled. At 6' 0" and 227 w/10% BF I would say your doing great man. Nice work. I am 5'8" and 225 is my end goal. Keep growing..

tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    I only run 8 week cycles personally. I stop growing always around week 7 so there is no reason to drag it out.

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoe11 View Post
    I only run 8 week cycles personally. I stop growing always around week 7 so there is no reason to drag it out.
    fkn luv your avi man. lmao

Dougiefresh7707 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    easy. 4L of ice-cream, split into 6 equal portions. throughout the day
    Strictly Carls jr diet works wonders.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Zoey101fan - I'm bumping for you and your 8000 calorie a day diet?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    yes post up your 8k diet please

Doom44 is offline Member
    Oh my fxxxing god !! how you eat 8k per day? i want to know please post up your 8k diet

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    another question is how can you afford to eat 8k cals a day and eat well

Doom44 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    another question is how can you afford to eat 8k cals a day and eat well
    i damn curious mate !!!

Thread Information