JWP806 is offline Senior Member

Raloxifene - how long until it begins to 'work'?

26 years old
    5' 11"
    215 lbs
    12-13% body fat

Current cycle is 500mg test, 450mg deca . Currently on week 7/10.

If you don't have the time to read the whole post, my question is: How long until you start to notice the effects of Raloxifene?

I'm currently battling a little gyno flare up on cycle. I'm not sure really how this happened as I've been running .5 mg of adex, .3 mg of prami, and 20 mg of tamox (for lipids) ED. I know that it's gyno as it is a hard lump behind my nipple and is now very sensitive to touch. Same nipple that I have had trouble with in the past but used letro and nolva to treat it and it worked really well. Definitely not adipose tissue. I started taking 60mg of ralox ED about a week ago. I've noticed no change in the lump and I'm worried that it may continue to grow before the ralox "kicks in". I know that it takes a while for this serm to work but I'm afraid to wait on it. I've upped my AI to 1mg/ED, prami to .7mg ED in addition to the ralox and tamox.

Also, I just put in an order for some letro as I'm worried the ralox is not going to begin working for a while. I've had great luck with nolva and letro in the past but was put on to raloxifene by all of the good reviews here. My main concern is that I have been taking nolva, adex and prami and still had this flare up. Any thoughts? Not a sufficient enough dosage of each apparently?

So again, my question is: How long until ralox "kicks in"?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    It kicks in from a prevention standpoint almost immediately and from a treatment standpoint as well. It just takes time. Studies are months long, but after 2-3 weeks or so i see a big diff in lump as long as caught early (which it sounds like it has been).

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    It kicks in from a prevention standpoint almost immediately and from a treatment standpoint as well. It just takes time. Studies are months long, but after 2-3 weeks or so i see a big diff in lump as long as caught early (which it sounds like it has been).
    Jimmy would you recommend increasing the dose?

Thanks Jimmy. I was hoping to hear from you. I referred to your post that you made a while be re: ralox and found it extremely helpful. Just wanted to better understand the time and whether or not it was already 'working' even though I haven't noticed a difference - which I understood that I probably wouldn't notice some change for a while.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ X2

Just stay at your current dose, taking the tamox (nolva) also will help the gyno from progressing, but it takes time for the lump to go away.

I had pubertal gyno, took nolva and it took about 5 weeks for it to go away, and i wasnt on cycle. Just keep on taking it.

Also, if there is still some gyno left during ur PCT, continue using either NOlva or Rolax after PCT has concluded (at 20mg for nolva, 60mg for rolax)

Dont jump on letro, read Jimmys post for more info on that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    Jimmy would you recommend increasing the dose?
    What do you think? My head tells me that may not be a bad idea but on the other hand at a week im not so sure.
    My experience was that 60mg worked well for me, but everyone is different. Perhaps others will chime in.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member

What do you think? My head tells me that may not be a bad idea but on the other hand at a week im not so sure.
    My experience was that 60mg worked well for me, but everyone is different. Perhaps others will chime in.
    You're right. Its probably still early days. I was wondering when would you declare its not working at this dose and consider an increase. Lemonada seems to think thats never.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    ^^^ X2

Just stay at your current dose, taking the tamox (nolva) also will help the gyno from progressing, but it takes time for the lump to go away.

I had pubertal gyno, took nolva and it took about 5 weeks for it to go away, and i wasnt on cycle. Just keep on taking it.

Also, if there is still some gyno left during ur PCT, continue using either NOlva or Rolax after PCT has concluded (at 20mg for nolva, 60mg for rolax)

Dont jump on letro, read Jimmys post for more info on that.
    Cheers buddy! I appreciate the info. I thought about "front-loading" it and doing 120mg per day but I am already taking so many other chemicals (nolva, adex, prami) I figure it best to just run 60mg ED throughout.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    You're right. Its probably still early days. I was wondering when would you declare its not working at this dose and consider an increase. Lemonada seems to think thats never.
    At the end of 3 weeks or into the 4th if i didn't see any changes I would start to get nervous and consider a change for sure.

At the end of 3 weeks or into the 4th if i didn't see any changes I would start to get nervous and consider a change for sure.
    Thanks Jimmy. I'll keep this thread updated on my progress.

Thread Information