boxer08 is offline Senior Member

Blood pressure concern

Had my b.p checked 2 weeks ago and it was 156/78 just had it checked again and the first reading came in at 159/74 and second 169/69...whats got me confused is 2 weeks ago i got told the first reading was high and needing monitoring yet the 2 reading today i got told were normal ?

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Just answered your other thread before reading this one. Although your BP isn't alarmingly high..keep in mind that high BP can cause liver disease and effect the protein level in your urine you are concerned about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Just answered your other thread before reading this one. Although your BP isn't alarmingly high..keep in mind that high BP can cause liver disease and effect the protein level in your urine you are concerned about.
    Is there certain tests that i could ask for to look further into what is going on...certain blood tests ect.

Quote Originally Posted by boxer08 View Post
    Is there certain tests that i could ask for to look further into what is going on...certain blood tests ect.
    Was this a random test or was it a fasted test? So many factors can change the protein levels in urine, that's why a follow up test should be done. I would also consider a blood test for kidney function.

Was this a random test or was it a fasted test? So many factors can change the protein levels in urine, that's why a follow up test should be done. I would also consider a blood test for kidney function.
    Random test as i changed doctors...what should i ask for ?

Lets let this thread die and work in the other thread as I think the 2 are likely related.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Liver or kidney?

Yes AD...sorry. I meant kidney as I was saying before

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    looks like me and you have the same issues. Im cutting cals/ carbs/ protein to help this. Did they check your potassium and creatnine or however its spelled. Said yesterdasy my potassium was 3.4 and was low, and creatnine was 1.6 whic means kidneys are not functioning like they should. they told me to ease up on all the supplementing see if it went away. I dont know if aas has anything to do with it or not?

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'll look for the other thread. OP's BP is well within ranges for hypertension (HTN). Testing BP under fasted/non fasted conditions isn't as important as lipid profiling for cholesterol measures, which should be a fasted serum/plasma draw.

There are so many factors that influence BP. Steroid use will impact lipid metabolism and affect cholesterol profiles negatively - something every anabolic user should educate themselves and monitor changes in lipids and BP.

Left unchecked, elevated BP could lead to hypertensive crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    I'll look for the other thread. OP's BP is well within ranges for hypertension (HTN). Testing BP under fasted/non fasted conditions isn't as important as lipid profiling for cholesterol measures, which should be a fasted serum/plasma draw.

There are so many factors that influence BP. Steroid use will impact lipid metabolism and affect cholesterol profiles negatively - something every anabolic user should educate themselves and monitor changes in lipids and BP.

Left unchecked, elevated BP could lead to hypertensive crisis.
    Looks like lower end stage 1 though doesn't it? Considering AAS use it doesn't seem alarming.

My cholesterol has always been really low and b.p really good to average...like i said though ill book a app with the doc and get some more tests run to see whats going on

Would someone be able to list all the bloods that's a good idea to check when on cycle especially with whats going on....liver, kidneys, cholesterol ect.

Bump

thehor is offline Member
    Wow that is a bit to high.

Thread Information