poppz is offline Senior Member

Can the body cure an injection infection by itself?

Had a lil fever for a night, arm swole up,since it has went down ,hurts to the touch but not warm,no more fever,i can feel a slight lump where the center of the pain is,can the body fix this by itself or does it need to be lanced?

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by poppz View Post
    Had a lil fever for a night, arm swole up,since it has went down ,hurts to the touch but not warm,no more fever,i can feel a slight lump where the center of the pain is,can the body fix this by itself or does it need to be lanced?
    Yes the body can fight infection thats what your immune system does , however if you think its not clearing up I would go to your doctor

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    I can't see to determine and I don't think you should guess. It's not worth it. If an infection and it gets out of control, and you won't know when until it is out of control you can suffer tissue damage.
    Good that you think it has stabilized but a quick visit to the ER will give you a better idea and some antibiotics will take care for sure with no to little sides. See the doc or ER if it is still red, warm at all, and painful. ..crazy mike

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't chance it. If it is persisting for more than a day or two, past the normal PIP, I'd go get it checked out. Not worth risking a widespread infection or an abcess of some sort

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    just use common sense. if it feels worse when you wake up, not a good sign

but, the body is an amazing machine. It is designed to fix itself to a certain extent.

cc5501 is offline Junior Member
    If fever persists definitely go see a dr. Not sure if they have urgent care in your area. If it's getting better and healing, I'd give it a day or two.

As a disclaimer, I am obviously not a doctor.

I would love to see a dr to get a second opinion but if my company would hear through the insurance it would be a prob,but that doesnt mean I would risk my health over it,like I said I have no fever or nothin,just a sore delt,lil swollen,i would say its virgin muscle bein I pinned the front of my delt but my buddy which gets the same says the same thing happened to him this week.im even thinkin of pinnin this thing with a bigger gauge to see what comes out,bad idea?

ChiveOn is offline Senior Member
    Are you saying you're thinking of jamming another needle into the already irritated and possibly infected area....?
    Or please tell me you meant next time you're going to use a bigger gauge needle.

Lol.just thinking of draining what it is .guess bad idea,could it be possible im paranoid and its just crashed gear crystalizing in my delt..could that give fever symptoms? Bcause like I said its not red ,warm,but hurts when touched.

GO TO THE "ER", stop second guessing. ...Crazy mike

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike View Post
    GO TO THE "ER", stop second guessing. ...Crazy mike
    As CM said if you have an issuse go to the hospital

Hey man, please let us know what you find out. We all would like to know. ...crazy mike

Thread Information