Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Unclesam2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51

    Protein Synthesis on cycle

    Whats going on guys I have a quick question regarding protein synthesis while on cycle.
    How drastically is your body able to utilize the protein as compared to when off cycle.
    Normally when im off cycle I look at a 1:1 ratio to my body weight (Not lbm), I plan on running another dbol /test-e cycle just wondering what people would think to be a good amount of protein for an 180 lb 11%~ bf ecto.

    As of now im looking at around 395 carbs/ 337 protein/ 97 fat 3665 cals when I begin my cycle. Should I taper my protein up to when my test-e kicks in or should i just start a that 2xlbm from the getgo. Also what do you guys think about the macros, again im a strong ecto.

    thanks a lot in advance boys

  2. #2
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,518
    That's one of the primary functions of test...protein synthesis enhancement.

  3. #3
    Unclesam2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    I do understand this but what do you think its worth upping your protein to before its no longer gonna benefit

  4. #4
    AlinSR is offline new member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclesam2 View Post
    Whats going on guys I have a quick question regarding protein synthesis while on cycle.
    How drastically is your body able to utilize the protein as compared to when off cycle.
    Normally when im off cycle I look at a 1:1 ratio to my body weight (Not lbm), I plan on running another dbol /test-e cycle just wondering what people would think to be a good amount of protein for an 180 lb 11%~ bf ecto.

    As of now im looking at around 395 carbs/ 337 protein/ 97 fat 3665 cals when I begin my cycle. Should I taper my protein up to when my test-e kicks in or should i just start a that 2xlbm from the getgo. Also what do you guys think about the macros, again im a strong ecto.

    thanks a lot in advance boys
    I would bump up the prot and calories as soon as you take your first shot.

  5. #5
    Unclesam2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    what would you recomend for a good # of protein? and imma judge the cals by my how my body responds probly

  6. #6
    AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pennslyvania
    Posts
    2,450
    450-500g IMO

  7. #7
    tdoe11's Avatar
    tdoe11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,288
    I gaining better on this cycle than ever before. Dbol 30mg/day and 600 test. I am always so concerned with calories on cycle. This time I am not worrying so much on meeting a perfect 4000 cals a day. I am worrying about getting at least 50-60 grams protein every meal, 7 times a day. I'm growing like a weed its awesome. Too much carbs makes me real crappy and bloated

  8. #8
    teezer33's Avatar
    teezer33 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In the bushes
    Posts
    259
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well, I eat 50-60 grams of protein now and I haven’t stated my cycle yet. I believe I read in another thread, that carbs are most important post for workout; however, since our body uses carbs as fuel, it’s probably a good idea to keep it fueled while on a cycle or not.

  9. #9
    lolfb is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981 View Post
    450-500g IMO
    That is way overkill. The recommended amount off cycle is 1-1.5g per LBM. Most people think its total bodyweight. OP should be eating around 160g of protein when off cycle. Maybe a bit more. 500g of protein is insane and costly. Not to mention that 500g is 2000 calories. If we consider someone on a 3k cal bulk diet, that leaves room for 250g of carbs and 0 room for fat.

    OP, depending on your calorie requirements, you should be aiming for around 250g of protein, 400g of carbs and then <50g of healthy fats. You need carbs just as much if not more so then protein. I've gained off of diets that consisted mainly of carbs while keeping protein at 100-150g

    Edit: read that you want 3600 calories. Bump up the protein to 300, carbs to 500g and around 40g in fats.
    Last edited by lolfb; 06-26-2013 at 01:01 AM.

  10. #10
    The Titan99's Avatar
    The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    1,710
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by lolfb View Post
    That is way overkill. The recommended amount off cycle is 1-1.5g per LBM. Most people think its total bodyweight. OP should be eating around 160g of protein when off cycle. Maybe a bit more. 500g of protein is insane and costly. Not to mention that 500g is 2000 calories. If we consider someone on a 3k cal bulk diet, that leaves room for 250g of carbs and 0 room for fat.

    OP, depending on your calorie requirements, you should be aiming for around 250g of protein, 400g of carbs and then <50g of healthy fats. You need carbs just as much if not more so then protein. I've gained off of diets that consisted mainly of carbs while keeping protein at 100-150g

    Edit: read that you want 3600 calories. Bump up the protein to 300, carbs to 500g and around 40g in fats.
    At that amount of carbs I'd look like the Pillsbury dough boy!! I weigh 265 lbs at 10-12% BF and I never go over 300 carb even when bulking. I read Kai Green eats 600 protein/250 carb/150 fat.

  11. #11
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    OP, when I started a cycle at approximately those stats my macros were as follows

    Pro 300g (250 on non workout days)
    Carbs 350g
    Fats 50-60g.

    I went from [email protected]% to [email protected]%.

    That was ALOT of protein. If you are an 'ecto' you will handle extra carbs well, particularly if you don't let your fat intake get out of hand. Not sure why you feel the need to jump straight int over 3600cals, unless you have a ridiculous metabolism. Start at 300cals over maintenance and keep adding calories as you keep gaining, keeping an eye not only on the scale but also on your bodyfat.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  12. #12
    lolfb is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    At that amount of carbs I'd look like the Pillsbury dough boy!! I weigh 265 lbs at 10-12% BF and I never go over 300 carb even when bulking. I read Kai Green eats 600 protein/250 carb/150 fat.
    Kai Green is also on HGH, slin and grams upon grams of steroids . If he's running slin, which he most likely is, just one of his post workout shakes might contain those 250g of carbs. During the 4h time frame when I'm on slin at 15 ui, I get 200-300g of carbs in. And even at that many carbs, I still feel lethargic, which most likely has to do with low blood sugar. I'm pretty sure Kai is running slin at a way higher dose then me.

    Plus I calculated the carbs based on OP's 3.6k cal requirements. Which I highly doubt he needs unless he wants to put on a lot of fat.

  13. #13
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    Quote Originally Posted by teezer33
    Well, I eat 50-60 grams of protein now and I haven't stated my cycle yet. I believe I read in another thread, that carbs are most important post for workout; however, since our body uses carbs as fuel, it's probably a good idea to keep it fueled while on a cycle or not.
    Your body will only assimilate up to 50g of protein every 2-3 hours. Any more than that is wasted calories and will be eliminated, not stored.

  14. #14
    MuscleInk's Avatar
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A rock & a hard place
    Posts
    13,449
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    450-500g IMO
    450-500/day? You're likely pooping a lot of that out. Not likely your body will assimilate all that.

  15. #15
    Unclesam2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    OP, when I started a cycle at approximately those stats my macros were as follows

    Pro 300g (250 on non workout days)
    Carbs 350g
    Fats 50-60g.

    I went from [email protected]% to [email protected]%.

    That was ALOT of protein. If you are an 'ecto' you will handle extra carbs well, particularly if you don't let your fat intake get out of hand. Not sure why you feel the need to jump straight int over 3600cals, unless you have a ridiculous metabolism. Start at 300cals over maintenance and keep adding calories as you keep gaining, keeping an eye not only on the scale but also on your bodyfat.
    damn these numbers are all over the place but this looks similar to what im thinking, is there any studys on crazy amounts like 400+ grams of protien still being effective on cycle?

  16. #16
    teezer33's Avatar
    teezer33 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In the bushes
    Posts
    259
    Blog Entries
    1
    I know protein cannot be stored, but do you think our body's are able to adapt to more protein intake with training. What I am asking is, if our body is able to acclimate to bigger muscles by exercise, than can our digestive system also change with training to compensate more protein intake?

  17. #17
    Twin is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    486
    kai green is a genetic freak. doesnt matter what he does and on all sorts of steroids . 150 fat is way to much.

    i personally wouldnt even cut with less than 300 carbs. let alone bulking...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    At that amount of carbs I'd look like the Pillsbury dough boy!! I weigh 265 lbs at 10-12% BF and I never go over 300 carb even when bulking. I read Kai Green eats 600 protein/250 carb/150 fat.


    Quote Originally Posted by lolfb View Post
    That is way overkill. The recommended amount off cycle is 1-1.5g per LBM. Most people think its total bodyweight. OP should be eating around 160g of protein when off cycle. Maybe a bit more. 500g of protein is insane and costly. Not to mention that 500g is 2000 calories. If we consider someone on a 3k cal bulk diet, that leaves room for 250g of carbs and 0 room for fat.

    OP, depending on your calorie requirements, you should be aiming for around 250g of protein, 400g of carbs and then <50g of healthy fats. You need carbs just as much if not more so then protein. I've gained off of diets that consisted mainly of carbs while keeping protein at 100-150g

    Edit: read that you want 3600 calories. Bump up the protein to 300, carbs to 500g and around 40g in fats.
    THIS...
    Last edited by Twin; 06-27-2013 at 03:12 AM.

  18. #18
    Unclesam2 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    51
    its unrealistic to keep my fats under 70~ or so since im not just asuming my macros im adding everything up
    so half of this is adding up from little 2-5 grams of fats like from oats, protein powder, turkey breast, slice of bread
    my only source of fat that is above 15 is from my eggs in the morning (whole eggs>egg whites)

  19. #19
    The Titan99's Avatar
    The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    1,710
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin View Post
    kai green is a genetic freak. doesnt matter what he does and on all sorts of steroids . 150 fat is way to much.

    i personally wouldnt even cut with less than 300 carbs. let alone bulking...





    THIS...
    That is a ridiculous statement. What do you mean it doesn't matter what he does? 150 fat is way too much for who and for what goals? I'm on GH and all sorts of steroids. Did you notice the name of this forum? How much do you weigh? How old are you? How are you training and what kind of split? How do you partition carbs and fats and when do you train. These are all extremely important factors when determining macros. Ecto/Endo/Meso? One thing's for sure, if your cutting with 300 grams of carbs and your not Kai Greene your not cutting much.

    I hit 70 grams of fat in just egg yolks, olive oil and pre workout peanut butter alone. Then again, I weigh quite a lot more than you I think.
    Last edited by The Titan99; 06-27-2013 at 10:44 PM.

  20. #20
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclesam2
    its unrealistic to keep my fats under 70~ or so since im not just asuming my macros im adding everything up
    so half of this is adding up from little 2-5 grams of fats like from oats, protein powder, turkey breast, slice of bread
    my only source of fat that is above 15 is from my eggs in the morning (whole eggs>egg whites)
    How is it unrealistic? I kept mine to 50-60g at 3200 calories. Just change your food choices.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  21. #21
    auswest is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    West Australia
    Posts
    2,110
    Blog Entries
    2
    Fats don't make you fat, excess calories do, I don't understand why everyone is so afraid of eating too many healthy fats.

  22. #22
    The Titan99's Avatar
    The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    1,710
    Blog Entries
    2
    I for one do much better on low carb and moderate fat. More energy, fuller looking muscles, less hungry, better sleep. I rarely eat carbs past 6:00 pm unless I'm running insulin . Also, I like to do my GH at night right before bed and that works best with no carbs 3 hours before injection.

  23. #23
    Twin is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    486
    5 foot 10 220. I train by PHAT. google layne norton phat. And i eat by science. Not 98% of the broscience that i see on these forums. I train and eat by science with what is proven and what is not.

    I eat .35G of fat and 1 gram of protein per bodyweight and fill the rest with carbs. on a 200 calorie surplus. when cutting, 300 calorie surplus, same rules apply. carbs dont make you fat. excess calories do. carbs are protein sparing and more effient as an energy source and are more anabolic than fats.

    22 years old...

    my avatar is 2 years old.






    Quote Originally Posted by The Titan99 View Post
    That is a ridiculous statement. What do you mean it doesn't matter what he does? 150 fat is way too much for who and for what goals? I'm on GH and all sorts of steroids . Did you notice the name of this forum? How much do you weigh? How old are you? How are you training and what kind of split? How do you partition carbs and fats and when do you train. These are all extremely important factors when determining macros. Ecto/Endo/Meso? One thing's for sure, if your cutting with 300 grams of carbs and your not Kai Greene your not cutting much.

    I hit 70 grams of fat in just egg yolks, olive oil and pre workout peanut butter alone. Then again, I weigh quite a lot more than you I think.
    on cycle, i recommend to up to 1.5grams per total bodyweight. if your very lean than maybe 1.7 grams.



    and carbs after 6 pm dont make you fat either. and i dont understand how you can look fuller with lesser carbs when carbs are what fill your muscles up. proboably all the gear that your on that does this.
    Last edited by Twin; 06-29-2013 at 12:23 AM.

  24. #24
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest
    Fats don't make you fat, excess calories do, I don't understand why everyone is so afraid of eating too many healthy fats.
    Because they don't understand the metabolic process and have high insulin levels while consuming fats. That can cause triglyceride storage. With elevated insulin levels throughout the day, even while in a caloric deficit, fat will not be oxidized, therefor limiting your fat loss.

  25. #25
    Tron3219's Avatar
    Tron3219 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin
    kai green is a genetic freak. doesnt matter what he does and on all sorts of steroids . 150 fat is way to much.

    i personally wouldnt even cut with less than 300 carbs. let alone bulking...

    THIS...
    I cut with over 200g fat and less then 40g carbs

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •