Skoal21 is offline New Member

Question Love Handles Geneticly Linked?

Are "love handles"- fat on the side of abdomen genetic? I overheard two guys at the gym today debating it...just wondering if there was any truth to that?

Fcarey32 is offline Associate Member
    Why are two guys debating at the gym. That's a problem in its own. But as for your question Im pretty sure fat deposition is genetic in someways.

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoal21 View Post
    Are "love handles"- fat on the side of abdomen genetic? I overheard two guys at the gym today debating it...just wondering if there was any truth to that?
    Yes love handles are genetic. If you are looking at someone who has very little bodyfat yet they carry considerably more fat in that area, that would be genetics. If they are fat everywhere, then they are just fat due to poor diet lack of exercise etc. Sometimes you will see females who may have a hard ripped upper body, yet there hips and thighs are out of proportion, carry more fat and just thick in general, that is due to genetics. People are predisposed to a certain number of fat cells. According to certain studies, fat cells will shrink, but not go away. I personally tend to believe that theory (principal). The same holds true for number of muscle fibers in a bodypart. Example: Two males have basicly both good genetics, one has 16 inch arms and the other 20". They both train identical, diet same, supplements, ecetra. The one with 20" arms has more muscle fibers in his arms. There is belief that proper training can overcome this by splitting the fibers. I have tried about everything to split mine, but i don't think it worked. Lol
    One of the major fitness magazines ads use to drive me crazy, a full page ad started out with "Turn fat into muscle" It's not possible and i could not believe that whoever designed the ad and approved them, allowed this to be written. Overall great genetics are a wonderful thing to be blessed with!

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt

Yes love handles are genetic. If you are looking at someone who has very little bodyfat yet they carry considerably more fat in that area, that would be genetics. If they are fat everywhere, then they are just fat due to poor diet lack of exercise etc. Sometimes you will see females who may have a hard ripped upper body, yet there hips and thighs are out of proportion, carry more fat and just thick in general, that is due to genetics. People are predisposed to a certain number of fat cells. According to certain studies, fat cells will shrink, but not go away. I personally tend to believe that theory (principal). The same holds true for number of muscle fibers in a bodypart. Example: Two males have basicly both good genetics, one has 16 inch arms and the other 20". They both train identical, diet same, supplements, ecetra. The one with 20" arms has more muscle fibers in his arms. There is belief that proper training can overcome this by splitting the fibers. I have tried about everything to split mine, but i don't think it worked. Lol
    One of the major fitness magazines ads use to drive me crazy, a full page ad started out with "Turn fat into muscle" It's not possible and i could not believe that whoever designed the ad and approved them, allowed this to be written. Overall great genetics are a wonderful thing to be blessed with!
    Yea me and my cousin where this way.. He had bigger biceps but I had bigger triceps..

He had bigger pecs I had bigger traps, back about the same he had thicker thighs I had split calfs...

Same workouts, I consumed more protein though, both of us looked good though

Othello is offline Member
    Hgh would help in increasing the muscle fibers i believe....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Steroid Forum

EasyDoesIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Othello View Post
    Hgh would help in increasing the muscle fibers i believe....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Steroid Forum
    Only the size and density, it will not grow new fibers as far as i know.

Othello is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDoesIt View Post
    Only the size and density, it will not grow new fibers as far as i know.
    from what I have been able to gather, HGH and IGF1 induce muscle hyperplasia. (Hyperplasia (from ancient Greek ὑπέρ huper, "over" + πλάσις plasis, "formation") or hypergenesis, means increase in number of cells/proliferation of cells) ...maybe there is an ambiguity between cells and fibers as I am using them interchangeably hopefully one of the vets on the forum can chime in...

Thread Information