Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Not a discussion, a Question, do YOU aspirate or not ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do every time with OIL suspended compounds but rarely with WATER based compounds.

FACT: most IV/IM/SQ treatments in clinic are administered in a water based vehicle, not oil.
    FACT: Drs. and nurses are trained and experienced in SQ/IV/IM administrations and know how to properly administer therapies - although there are some MDs I wouldn't let near me with a needle (lol)
    FACT: recreational (drug) users are largely inexperienced (initially) and run a greater risk of injecting into a vessel or overloading a capillary and causing a hematoma. Heck, many don't even know their muscle anatomy!!!!!

The puss that some users describe upon aspiration is most commonly a cold pocket abscess where gear/oil previously injected into that area was not properly absorbed and formed a cold/pocketed abscess. Often people aren't even aware they have a cold/pocketed abscess because the infection remains trapped within the pocketed region.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk
    I do every time with OIL suspended compounds but rarely with WATER based compounds.

FACT: most IV/IM/SQ treatments in clinic are administered in a water based vehicle, not oil.
    FACT: Drs. and nurses are trained and experienced in SQ/IV/IM administrations and know how to properly administer therapies - although there are some MDs I wouldn't let near me with a needle (lol)
    FACT: recreational (drug) users are largely inexperienced (initially) and run a greater risk of injecting into a vessel or overloading a capillary and causing a hematoma. Heck, many don't even know their muscle anatomy!!!!!

The puss that some users describe upon aspiration is most commonly a cold pocket abscess where gear/oil previously injected into that area was not properly absorbed and formed a cold/pocketed abscess. Often people aren't even aware they have a cold/pocketed abscess because the infection remains trapped within the pocketed region.
    Aka - sterile abscess. It's not actually a bacterial infection from a needle. That's why some don't even know they have it. Now imagine breaking the abscess and injecting more oil it in. No thanks
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Aka - sterile abscess. It's not actually a bacterial infection from a needle. That's why some don't even know they have it. Now imagine breaking the abscess and injecting more oil it in. No thanks

Could you guys tell me if its anything to worry about, Not hijacking the thread here cm just curious if its ok to ask them about these hidden "sterile abscesses". pretty sure I have one in my left glute as it is light pink in color, around 3-4 inches around and feeling warm and numb to the touch. I also feel sort of a pocket there, like its just fluid. It is painful also and the pain has spread up into my lower back area. The pip in my right glute was gone after 3 days, its been 5 days for the left one and im concerned. I very rarely inject in left, never really ran over 1 shot a week. Should I stop injecting in the left glute or what? Again, not trying to hijack if I am then ill start thread thanks.
    Last edited by Cuz; 08-20-2013 at 01:48 PM.

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by chadcuz1985 View Post
    Could you guys tell me if its anything to worry about, Not hijacking the thread here cm just curious if its ok to ask them about these hidden "sterile abscesses". pretty sure I have one in my left glute as it is light pink in color, around 3-4 inches around and feeling warm and numb to the touch. I also feel sort of a pocket there, like its just fluid. It is painful also and the pain has spread up into my lower back area. The pip in my right glute was gone after 3 days, its been 5 days for the left one and im concerned. I very rarely inject in left, never really ran over 1 shot a week. Should I stop injecting in the left glute or what? Again, not trying to hijack if I am then ill start thread thanks.
    I think you will get more attention, Quicker if you just start your own thread asking your specific Q's. I think that you need an answer and I want to see you get one and I want to hear it. SO start one so we can get all this in one thread...OK ! NO problem though...crazy mike

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard

Correct! It's more an absorption issue than active infection.

Correct! It's more an absorption issue than active infection.
    Thanks always for your input man. ...cm

Where have you been. Damn I was hoping you would chime in whether I was right or wrong. Thank you. Ok I am a big boy and will say I learned about the puss pocket thing. Cool I just couldn't figure that one out.
    With all being said I will take the advice as last what Aust~ said and hazard. For me I just have never and that's that. The thing is for me, I know how to IV better than I should and I have never had am IM problem. I have an acute touch for what I do to me. Maybe I could, ... oops...but I would like to think I would know I'm in a vein before I dropped 1 or 2 cc's in that vein. I'm pretty methodical with it.
    Thanks for the thread guys. really thanks. ...crazy mike
    Last edited by crazy mike; 08-20-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy mike

Where have you been. Damn I was hoping you would chime in whether I was right or wrong. Thank you. Ok I am a big boy and will say I learned about the puss pocket thing. Cool I just couldn't figure that one out.
    With all being said I will take the advice as last what Aust~ said and hazard. For me I just have never and that's that. The thing is for me, I know how to IV better than I should and I have never had am IM problem. I have an acute touch for what I do to me. Maybe I could, ... oops...but I would like to think I would know I'm in a vein before I dropped 1 or 2 cc's in that vein. I'm pretty methodical with it.
    Thanks for the thread guys. really thanks. ...crazy mike
    Hey CM!!! Great thread. My position on aspirating is as follows. For inexperienced anabolic users administering injectable compounds, aspirating is a must. It takes nearly 300ml of air injected into a vessel to create an air embolism. It takes 1/100th of that to create an oil embolism (i.e. 3ml in a small to moderate sized vessel could create an embolic event). With more experienced users (and this begs the question: what defines an experienced user? - I'd suggest at least two years of use with injectables) comfortable with proper injection techniques, aspirating is certainly an individual choice. I wouldn't recommend novice users omit aspiration of the needle.

I have years of IM/IV/SQ training - I've even drawn blood from the carotid several times (that's a crazy experience!) and yet, I still feel comfortable aspirating my gear than not. I've used various forms of anabolics for 4 years and have probably perforated a vessel 3 or 4 times - enough to remind me that "safe" is better than "sorry".
    Red Bastard likes this.

Thread Information