Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ibasmusi
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By AD

Thread: How to test for allergic reaction?

scootz is offline Junior Member

How to test for allergic reaction?

A good buddy of mine is planning to cycle next year but just realised that sustanon has peanut oil in it & he's allergic to peanuts..

He wants to try a small amount to test for any reaction but we are just wondering wether to just break the skin and let the oil react with his blood or go in deep into the quad as you would with a normal shot?

Any advice is appreciated!
    Cheers

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Peanut oil ?

Bert is offline Senior Member
    Use a different brand with a dif carrier oil.

AlphaMike is offline Productive Member
    Maybe find a different type of test that doesn't have peanut oil in it. What if he doesn't react to a small amount but then injects an entire ML and goes into anaphylactic shock? worth it?

I can't get anything else than sustanon so that is the only choice..
    He's definitely going to try it so looking for some help on best way, in the muscle or mix with blood?
    Cheers

I don't understand what there is to test for. He is allergic to peanuts. So he is also allergic to peanut oil. He's allergic. Should he eat a snickers to see if he's allergic to peanuts. No.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo
    I don't understand what there is to test for. He is allergic to peanuts. So he is also allergic to peanut oil. He's allergic. Should he eat a snickers to see if he's allergic to peanuts. No.
    It's not as simple as that.. Your smartass answer isn't as simple as you think it is.
    Just because he's allergic to peanuts it doesn't necessarily mean he will be allergic to the kind of peanut oil in Sustanon .

I don't use this forum that much, I remember why now! You ask a question and get every smartass on the planet answering without 'answering' the question

Ibasmusi is offline Junior Member
    Are you upset because you arent getting the answer you want? Look kid, when you have an allergy to peanuts your body thinks that the proteins in the peanuts are out to harm you and they attack them. All medical professionals will tell you if you have an allergy to peanuts then you need to stay away from peanut oil. Is it very simple.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibasmusi View Post
    Are you upset because you arent getting the answer you want? Look kid, when you have an allergy to peanuts your body thinks that the proteins in the peanuts are out to harm you and they attack them. All medical professionals will tell you if you have an allergy to peanuts then you need to stay away from peanut oil. Is it very simple.
    He's 32 man.

OP, it's up to you to lay out all the facts for us. I was quite sincere in my earlier post, but this entire idea seems rather silly to me as well. Explain how it's not as simple as it seems.

Hey Punky Brewster. I stand corrected.

The fact is that highly refined peanut oil is different from peanuts, peanut butter, and peanut flour when it comes to allergy. This is because most peanut oil undergoes a refining process, in which it is purified, refined, bleached, and deodorized. When peanut oil is correctly processed and becomes highly refined, the proteins in the oil, which are the components in the oil that can cause allergic reaction, are removed. This makes the peanut oil allergen-free! The vast majority of peanut oil that is used in foodservice and by consumers in the U.S. is processed and is considered highly refined.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You guys really need to educate yourselves before making smart ass remarks (which is why I stay on top of my shit )
    The fact is that peanut allergies are due to the proteins found in peanuts. Pure peanut oil contains no proteins (only lipids), so it will not cause allergic reactions.
    This is assuming that it is USP grade and not the shit at the top of a jar of natty PB.

Edit: damn, I didn't see Cape's last post.
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Just go to a dr and get them to give you a small bit of penut oil and monitor you. Thats whats the army did to me im allergic to penicillin

Capebuffalo, glad you read up on this and now see why I wrote its not as simple as it seems..

Bonaparte, cheers for being the first to understand the question without trying to make me look
    dumb!

Ibasmusi, learn some respect before you start calling people 'kid'. You do that in real life to someone and you'd be getting a slap.

As for this original question, we answered it ourselves.
    We tested the sustanon by injecting 2 drops, one just through the skin to test for reaction with blood and another rubbed around the skin.
    All was good, he got no reaction what's so ever which is great seeing as he has such a bad reaction to peanuts normally.

When he starts the cycle we plan to do the first shot at just 1/4 of a ml, if all goes well then 12 hours later another 1/4 ml. 3 days after a 1/2 ml and then if all goes well the following week start the normal dose. I know tapering isn't needed with susta but this is the safest way to do it.

In summary, asking a question in this forum didn't help much but can't say it surprised me! Half the time on this forum you might get lucky and get some educated guys willing to help and share knowledge... The other half are... well.. You know who you all are

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scootz View Post
    Capebuffalo, glad you read up on this and now see why I wrote its not as simple as it seems..

Bonaparte, cheers for being the first to understand the question without trying to make me look
    dumb!

Ibasmusi, learn some respect before you start calling people 'kid'. You do that in real life to someone and you'd be getting a slap.

As for this original question, we answered it ourselves.
    We tested the sustanon by injecting 2 drops, one just through the skin to test for reaction with blood and another rubbed around the skin.
    All was good, he got no reaction what's so ever which is great seeing as he has such a bad reaction to peanuts normally.

When he starts the cycle we plan to do the first shot at just 1/4 of a ml, if all goes well then 12 hours later another 1/4 ml. 3 days after a 1/2 ml and then if all goes well the following week start the normal dose. I know tapering isn't needed with susta but this is the safest way to do it.

In summary, asking a question in this forum didn't help much but can't say it surprised me! Half the time on this forum you might get lucky and get some educated guys willing to help and share knowledge... The other half are... well.. You know who you all are
    id say in summary you did get your question answered...sometimes it just takes a while for the rite person to see it and give you an answer based on fact rather than opinion...its the internet so you have to be patient bro...good luck to your friend...

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post

dumb!

are you ignoring me?
    Capebuffalo likes this.

Ibasmusi is offline Junior Member
    Op my apologies as you were right. Sorry for being a smart ass

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    You guys really need to educate yourselves before making smart ass remarks (which is why I stay on top of my shit )
    The fact is that peanut allergies are due to the proteins found in peanuts. Pure peanut oil contains no proteins (only lipids), so it will not cause allergic reactions.
    This is assuming that it is USP grade and not the shit at the top of a jar of natty PB.

Point taken. You are correct sir.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    A good buddy of mine is planning to cycle next year but just realised that sustanon has peanut oil in it & he's allergic to peanuts..

He wants to try a small amount to test for any reaction but we are just wondering wether to just break the skin and let the oil react with his blood or go in deep into the quad as you would with a normal shot?

Any advice is appreciated!
    Cheers

I have NEVER heard of a lab using peanut oil! and due to that very reason! That is a reckless oil to use for this sort of product, I would avoid the lab alltogether! i would smash the guys face in making it IMO...

also no dont pin any anyplace he could go into shock and die... no joke...

It's not as simple as that.. Your smartass answer isn't as simple as you think it is.
    Just because he's allergic to peanuts it doesn't necessarily mean he will be allergic to the kind of peanut oil in Sustanon .

I don't use this forum that much, I remember why now! You ask a question and get every smartass on the planet answering without 'answering' the question
    we are trying to tell you its not worth the risk..
    Last edited by Juced_porkchop; 10-23-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post

still not worht the risk/chance to me... I think its beyond stupid for a person with a peanut allergy to go and use peanutoil...

Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    still not worht the risk/chance to me... I think its beyond stupid for a person with a peanut allergy to go and use peanutoil...
    ^^X2 on that
    I assume most of us inject somewhere private behind closed doors...Who's gonna be there to help you if you suddenly go into anaphylactic shock? And all of this just to have bigger muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    Many pharma companies use peanut oil. They just call it by it's proper name: arachis oil.
    There is no risk to someone with peanut allergies (and much greater risk with any food you eat that may have been processed near peanuts).

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMike View Post
    ^^X2 on that
    I assume most of us inject somewhere private behind closed doors...Who's gonna be there to help you if you suddenly go into anaphylactic shock? And all of this just to have bigger muscles.
    Seriously guys? You're still clinging to these misplaced fears when you inject who-knows-what into your body on a weekly basis?

Thread Information