powerbag is offline New Member

Extending or cutting short Test E Cycle

Hello all, have been an avid reader of this site for sometime now but have never really decided to post, still learning myself and would like to ask a quick question from all the knowledgeable members.

I have been on a Test E cycle for 18 weeks now, this is my third cycle. I have never added any other compounds and have always decided to stick with one substance until i'm more of an intermediate/advanced user. Currently I am only using 500mg a week, though decided to extend the cycle due to the fact that the test didn't actually hit me until much later than expected, roughly 8-9 weeks in. My diet is clean, with the calories being at an optimal level for growth each week and strength is always increasing.

Now, I know I am not Superman and am very aware of this, however test seems to agree with me. I stopped taking adex as water weight and gyno are non-existent, this has been consistent throughout. My blood pressure, heart rate and HDL LDL readings have also kept within a healthy range, the most recent check being last week. I am also still increasing in size and strength with no signs of slowing down, testicular atrophy being minuscule and a general sense of well-being being very apparent. Long story short, I am the fittest I have ever been and the test itself is genuine.

My dilemma however is that I go on holiday Christmas time. I was going to stop the cycle before I go but PCT would finish the day before I leave, meaning that if I needed that extra week it wouldn't even be an option as I would be out of the country. Would it be ok to lower the test dosage or run it up until Christmas to then complete a longer PCT within the new year, rather than stopping and having no chance of extending PCT? I will be taking a long break from cycling anyway, so downtime is most definitely not an issue, especially when this holiday is the time I want to be looking my best.

TL;DR Can Test E be extended to 30 weeks safely so that a longer PCT can be used if needed, when HDL LDL, blood pressure, ECG all show no negative signs as well as no side effects from cycle are apparent, with strength and size continuing?

Bump

Shameless second bump.

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i personally feel that 18 wks is already too long. for me, going to 30wks would be insane. if i were you, i would definitely take the shorter option. stop now and pct in 2 wks. thats my opinion.

itsjayman02 is offline Member
    Be sensible more is not always better!!

Thanks for the reply. Although I may be thinking into it too much, usually shorter cycles are preferred as the sides increase while the gains go the opposite way. Adding to that health concerns the rule of thumb is 12 weeks. If I'm still hitting pb's weekly and tests give me the all clear, what would be the reasoning to stop?

Not trying to disagree by the way, I'm just interested in everyone's thoughts on the matter as there are so many conflicting ideas.

AD
    i don't have any medical studies to quote regarding this matter, but i personally feel that the longer i stay shut down, the more difficult it will be to recover at pct. and the idea of being on TRT for the rest of my life scares me to hell.

i like to grow big and feel like hercules as much as any other guy, but i love my natty test too.

I'm still fascinated by how AAS affect people so differently. For me I never get the overconfident, strongman feelings, they're a lot more subtle. It also intrigues me how some people suffer badly from sides yet others like myself get absolutely nothing.

I suppose I'm interested in how people do long cycles and recover fine, sometimes even without PCT, whilst others swear by short stints. It's strange how people on completely different sides of the spectrum swear have such different views, is this due to a lack of medical studies or the simple fact of people still not being 100% on the matter?

AD
    remember the bell-shaped curve of a normal distribution? there will always be people at both extremes, but most will be nearer the 50%. most members here agree that a 12wk cycle is standard. 10wk to 14 wks may also be accepted. but not many will recommend a 30wk "cycle".

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    remember the bell-shaped curve of a normal distribution? there will always be people at both extremes, but most will be nearer the 50%. most members here agree that a 12wk cycle is standard. 10wk to 14 wks may also be accepted. but not many will recommend a 30wk "cycle".
    I see. Thanks for the quick responses, it still fascinates me I have so much to learn. With regards to length, I have seen a lot of users extend test cycles to 20 weeks. Is there a vast difference between 20 and 30 weeks?

AD
    sorry, i'm not an expert in long cycles. the longest i did was 16wks, and didn't really like it. if you go to the "members' experience" section, you'll find the logs of some long cycles. hope you find something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    sorry, i'm not an expert in long cycles. the longest i did was 16wks, and didn't really like it. if you go to the "members' experience" section, you'll find the logs of some long cycles. hope you find something useful.
    Thanks. I think 30 weeks is too long personally, but am now interested in 20 week cycles and their efficiency. I remember reading about myostatin and a correlation between 12 and 20 weeks, but nothing on 30. I think now it's more a case of whether 20 weeks is seen as a good length when all health factors are still positive.

Thread Information