Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    f1nallyfr33 is offline Junior Member

Duration of first cycle.

Doing a lot of reading and I see a lot of recommendation for10-12 weeks on your first cycle. Is that minimum or is a shorter cycle okay.
    I.E. 6-8 weeks. Is it pointless do I need to get more.

jgrayson60 is offline Junior Member
    What steroids do you plan on taking? What is your pct? And what are your body stats? In order for us to help we have to get some info from you bro

DexterMorgan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hi
    Usually people do 12-14 week cycle for long esters like enanthate . For short ester like pro 8-10 weeks is enough.

It's better to do long ester for your 1st cycle because you won't have to pinn as often.
    I would do 12 wk Test-e cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan
    Hi Usually people do 12-14 week cycle for long esters like enanthate. For short ester like pro 8-10 weeks is enough. It's better to do long ester for your 1st cycle because you won't have to pinn as often. I would do 12 wk Test-e cycle.
    Aaahhhhh that makes sense. Okay thank you. There is a lot of info. Tryin to piece it all together.

I meant to put all that in there.

I have 10ml test-e (250mg) and10 deca (250)
    I can get more of both if need be.
    Still researching the pct.
    I was told 2cc test and 1cc deca until out of test

200lbs not sure about the body fat however not fat. I work out daily. Eat 6 times a day. All food no protein shakes. I'm 33 years old. Work as a mechanic and am up every morning at 4 for the gym.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nallyfr33 View Post

200lbs not sure about the body fat however not fat. I work out daily. Eat 6 times a day. All food no protein shakes. I'm 33 years old. Work as a mechanic and am up every morning at 4 for the gym.
    1st cycle, test only, leave the deca for later..

your gonna need more than 1 vial of test.. at least 3.... +AI +HCG +PCT

Even tho I am still new to this, most people recommend just Test E. For the first cycle. Make sure you have a PCT, you don't want to grow man boobs!

Go to the Anabolic Questions and answers section and read all the stickies, they should have most your answers.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    Actually 6-8 week short cycles with long esters are very effective. Most ppl experience the best gains during that first 6-8 weeks of a 12 weeks cycle and then most ppl's gains start to diminish. The short cycle allows you to take the cream off the top and get off quicker allowing for a better chance of recovery and possibly running more cycles per year with less risk to your HPTA

Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Actually 6-8 week short cycles with long esters are very effective. Most ppl experience the best gains during that first 6-8 weeks of a 12 weeks cycle and then most ppl's gains start to diminish. The short cycle allows you to take the cream off the top and get off quicker allowing for a better chance of recovery and possibly running more cycles per year with less risk to your HPTA
    The reason why their gains start diminishing on a 12 week cycle is because they fail to continuously increase their calories. I think 6 weeks for Test-e is way too short.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
    The reason why their gains start diminishing on a 12 week cycle is because they fail to continuously increase their calories. I think 6 weeks for Test-e is way too short.
    So are you saying on a 36 month cycle the growth provided by AAS use will continue to get better as long as cals keep increasing over the 3 year period?

Obviously I'm being facetious on purpose to explain that there is a diminishing level of effectiveness with steroid cycles. Most will agree that tends to happen around week 8 or so...give or take. This has nothing to do with calories consumed.

So are you saying on a 36 month cycle the growth provided by AAS use will continue to get better as long as cals keep increasing over the 3 year period?

Obviously I'm being facetious on purpose to explain that there is a diminishing level of effectiveness with steroid cycles. Most will agree that tends to happen around week 8 or so...give or take. This has nothing to do with calories consumed.
    No, I'm not saying that. your body becomes unresponsive after certain period of time . Some people begin noticing good gains on week 6-8, so why aborting cycle when you just starting noticing gains?

No, I'm not saying that. your body becomes unresponsive after certain period of time . Some people begin noticing good gains on week 6-8, so why aborting cycle when you just starting noticing gains?
    By that theory, then why don't we recommend running the cycle for 12 weeks past when you start noticing gains?

The hormone goes to work almost immediately and your at peak levels within a short time. Just because we don't "notice good gains" or feel it "kick in" doesn't mean that it hasn't been effective for weeks already.

Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting that everyone only run 6-8 week cycles of long estered steroids . I'm simply answering the OP's original question and pointing out that good gains can be made on short cycles and in fact, perhaps with less risk.

I have a hypothetical question, what would happen when your gains start to diminish and you start taking d bol to get your gains up? Would that be bad? OP IGNORE THIS.

Define gains.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Prop 6 weeks get in and get out

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the input. Keep it coming.
    My First Cycle: Planning and Executing a Successful First Cycle

I understand pct. and the reasoning for it. But what about AI's and HCG . I'll read whatever thread is out there if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm sure it's a lot to explain. My app or comp won't let me search. Keep getting errors.

Careful now, I don't want you to start throwing tires.

Quote Originally Posted by jgrayson60
    Careful now, I don't want you to start throwing tires.
    Hahaha. I've got helpers for that... Just kidding. ... Sort of.

[QUOTE=jgrayson60;6765977]Careful now, I don't want you to start throwing tires.[/QUOTE

Your post is empty lol

I'm well aware of the recommended cycle lengths and the half life of the hormones. I fully understand how long it takes for the ester to cleave off and for the hormone to be active.

The biggest reason for the recommended cycle length duration is the increased threat to the HPTA by running extended cycles, not because a shorter run is completely ineffective. As I stated before, there are many good reasons to run short cycles even with long esters and they are not ineffective. In fact, as I already pointed out, less time on is less time your shut down and that increases your odds of recovery.

I'm well aware of the recommended cycle lengths and the half life of the hormones. I fully understand how long it takes for the ester to cleave off and for the hormone to be active.

The biggest reason for the recommended cycle length duration is the increased threat to the HPTA by running extended cycles, not because a shorter run is completely ineffective. As I stated before, there are many good reasons to run short cycles even with long esters and they are not ineffective. In fact, as I already pointed out, less time on is less time your shut down and that increases your odds of recovery.
    I agree with you Lunk, you can make gains on a 6 week cycle, its definitely possible. Recovery will be easier too. But you can get much better gains running it for 12 week cycle.

I agree with you Lunk, you can make gains on a 6 week cycle, its definitely possible. Recovery will be easier too. But you can get much better gains running it for 12 week cycle.
    I don't know if "much better" is the term I would use but you definitely can still take full advantage of the active hormone for the longer duration I agree. Think of it another way though. What if I wanted to run 3 6 week cycles vs 2 12 week cycles. I'm going to have less total time on and more time recovered.

There is a lot to be said for short cycles even with long esters. Give it some research.

I don't know if "much better" is the term I would use but you definitely can still take full advantage of the active hormone for the longer duration I agree. Think of it another way though. What if I wanted to run 3 6 week cycles vs 2 12 week cycles. I'm going to have less total time on and more time recovered.

There is a lot to be said for short cycles even with long esters. Give it some research.
    You might not get good gains from a 6 week cycle, so you could be shutting yourself down pretty much for no reason. I remember reading one of Austin's posts where he was saying that it takes 8 weeks for him to even notice the gains from test.

I did my research on this topic, most vets wouldn't recommend running long esters for 6 weeks, especially for your 1st cycle.

NaijaBoy is offline Junior Member
    Dexter and Lunk1, you both make valid points which is why I've decided to do a 10 week cycle of Test-E when I decide to begin my cycle. Plus I do not want to gain too much weight. 15+ lbs is good enough

Oh my god that was a lot of information. Again thanks guys for all the help. I'll post again if I have anymore questions

Thread Information