NiceGuyResearcher is offline Associate Member

Antibiotics PREVENT abcess? What if u stop? Does light dry red spot grow in size?

Hi everyone.

This is a 2 part question. The 2nd part has 2 stars or asterisks next to it (**) & is about *The condition of my Pec muscle in terms of having trouble delivering easily without pushing much harder on the plunger.

Subject: Antibiotics PREVENT abcess? What if u stop? Does light dry red spot grow in size?

my background:

Im taking doxycycline 100 mgs/day (1 tab of 100 mgs/per day). It's an anti-biotic.

I'm doin so to prevent pimples, but more importantly im on cycle & once I had an abcess cos of an IM injection of Testosterone .

I pinned my left glute last week, my coordination is pretty bad & my hands naturally shake a little.

I kinda hit more towards the hip not all the way into the area that's shown on the familiar spot injection site.

I hit more towards the hip cos I was concerned about aspirating & it's I guess was easier towards the hip which is closer than more into the center of the glute.

This was 6 days ago.

Today, 6 days later, I saw a light red kind of pink spot a half inch long that look like a little dry scab.

This looked scarily similar to the scar left after my 1st abcess was drained by the ER doctor.

There's no pain, no redness, no warm to the touch or warm without touching--so that's good news.

When I had the abcess last time, there was a stinging pain and I had trouble kinda sleeping after like 4-5 days after the bad injection.

So, I guess that's good news.

The nurse at my 1st abcess problem (& hopefully only abcess problem), said *you can get an abcess if you inject into a pocket of space, & not the muscle. The Testosterone just sits there & I guess get's infected?

Anyway, I'm glad I took 100 mgs of antibiotics (doxycycline) right after that injection (on the same day, again 6 days ago),

QUESTION 1:
    But what if I stop taking the antibiotics, will the above described light red pink dry scab like spot grow in size & return to an abcess again?

QUESTION 2:
    By the way, was this an abcess that I nipped in the bud & prevented by using antibiotics?

im seriously considering stopping cos in 1 of my posts, I pinned my pec cos it's easier to aspirate & the 250 mg/ml Test vial I started using after usually being accustomed using 400 mg/mL test vial, (from which I extracted into the syringe, 1 ML a/k/a 250 mgs), it took *A REAL LONG TIME TO GET DELIVERED INTO THE MUSCLE & MORE PUSHING ON THE PLUNGER THAN I HAD EVER EXPERIENCED.

**PART 2 OF QUESTION (CONDITION OF MY PECS FOR DELIVERY OF TEST):

This may mean that my Pec muscle is kind of tired of the Test. being IM'd into it???

(I know that it's harder to deliver gear into an area that's been Tattooed), cos of somethin called a sterile (non-infectious) abcess?

**So please I'm wondering if I also have some time of problem with my pecs now, that they have been injected so much that even if there's more of the oil to inject, the pec muscle is too hard to accept easy delivery of Test?

btw:
    I usually alternate between 2 pecs & 2 delts & this past cycle I've been only injecting 250 mgs/ per week. So i already know about the importance of rotating injection sites.

*Can you give me a reason not to dump my gear into the garbage & put this up as a new year's resolution?

Thanks for any help.

anyone know what's up with the above? i wish that member muscle ink was around & saw this. he knew about anti-bio's & hardening of muscle because of IM injections to the point that it's harder more effort to push Test into muscle. The combo of the light red pink spot on my glute after having an abcess before, & the harder delivery of Test into my pecs (i need to push the plunger more harder to shoot the test into the pec), & also a lump that's been on my left pec, although reduced in size without any warmth or pain or sorenes has: SCARED THE BEJESUS OUT OF ME... IM SERIOUSLY considering dumping my gear in the garbage. this sux. I dont want an abcess to rear it's ugly head & God forbid spread from my glute to my spine and God forbid cause paralysis. this is some scary stuff. i wish i had better coordination. I really could use some good advice on this. Im still worried. (see my above 1st post) thanx

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Due to your lack of a medical background, it is impossible for anybody to answer your questions accurately. You'd have to be seen by a doctor.
    But I'll do what I can:
    1) It is anybody's guess. When dealing with the immune system and pathogens, there are no clear cut answers. This is because we're dealing with a microscopic war involving millions of cells fighting for the upper hand, with infinite variables. And again, your description of this suppose infection site leaves much to be desired, so who knows what it is.

2) See the previous sentence.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 01-01-2014 at 10:48 PM.

thanks.

i came back from ER.

doc did ultrasound & aspirated area to see if any infectious fluids were in that spot.

Nothing

What a relief.

Thanks Bonaparte.

Btw: Don't rely on this but he did say that Doxycycline antibiotics I took may have prevented turning into an abcess. That's why they are sold i guess on the black market in addition to preventing pimples.

key word is "may have"

again this is for research purposes

everything turned out well.

thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Due to your lack of a medical background, it is impossible for anybody to answer your questions accurately. You'd have to be seen by a doctor.
    But I'll do what I can:
    1) It is anybody's guess. When dealing with the immune system and pathogens, there are no clear cut answers. This is because we're dealing with a microscopic war involving millions of cells fighting for the upper hand, with infinite variables. And again, your description of this suppose infection site leaves much to be desired, so who knows what it is.

2) See the previous sentence.

Thread Information