Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSXRvi6

Thread: Workout modification while on cycle

GSXRvi6 is offline Member

Workout modification while on cycle

Hey guys, how much do you change your normal workout routine while on cycle?

I focus one one muscle group per day per day per week except abs and calve, but I notice I can throw in an extra set, and my muscles don't get sore very easy. I have a feeling I'm not taking full advantage of the gear while on the weight floor.

How do you guys modify your routine with gear in the picture?
    Last edited by GSXRvi6; 02-02-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GSXRvi6
    Hey guys, how much do you change your normal workout routine while on cycle? I focus one one muscle group per day per day per week except abs and calve, but I notice I can throw in an extra set, and my muscles don't get sore very easy. I have a feeling I'm not taking full advantage of the gear while on the weight floor. How do you guys modify your routine with gear in the picture?
    Are you asking if you can work muscle groups more than once per week? If so, then in some cases you can if fully recovered but if you're maximizing your efforts you should need the rest.

It's common (obviously) for many to lift heavier during cycle in an effort to stimulate as much muscle growth as possible. Again that's kind if an obvious answer - not really sure what exactly you're asking.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    You get out what you put in!! I work 2 body parts per day it over laps sometimes were Sunday I would do chest triceps and again on Friday but as ask above what's your question

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    If your muscles are not sore your not working hard enough.

dusted411 is offline New Member
    The only difference for me is I train heavier obviously but that's only because I'm physically able to lift more I always train as heavy as humanly possible for as many reps as I can get without sacrificing form, the only real change is I train body parts more frequently because I feel that my body is able to repair itself more efficiently. My diet, sleep and supplements are all basically the same year round on or off cycle I'm a firm believer that steroids are just a tool to aide you AFTER your diet, training and everything else that comes with it has been on point so long that your body has reached a point that's near it's genetic potential. But that's just my opinion other people who have worked out for six months and couldn't put a diet together to save their lives often feel different so to each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    Are you asking if you can work muscle groups more than once per week? If so, then in some cases you can if fully recovered but if you're maximizing your efforts you should need the rest.

It's common (obviously) for many to lift heavier during cycle in an effort to stimulate as much muscle growth as possible. Again that's kind if an obvious answer - not really sure what exactly you're asking.
    I'm asking how others modify their workouts when gear is used.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    If your muscles are not sore your not working hard enough.
    I have to be careful, my chest for example doesn't get sore, but I can overwork it very easy, I have a torn right pec minor from over training, there was no pain up until the rip. I was working chest twice per week (LONG time ago). I fear overworking more than under working.

Other groups like my triceps and biceps can take a beating from hell, but I also fear over training them as well. I get INSANE muscle pumps but little to no DOMS while on gear. In my gut I feel I need to push these muscles harder, but having dealt with a really bad muscle injury in the past I hold back.

Example back and bi's

Lat pull 3 sets of 6 to 10 reps
    Seated rows 3 sets of 6 to 10 reps
    preacher curl 3 sets of 6 to 10 reps
    Hammer curl 2 sets of 10 to 15 reps (last set and rep is till failure, if I can do more than 15 without failure I up the weight)
    1 set of curl 21's transition into bent over row for 20 reps
    at this point I feel like I'm going to explode
    on gear I add a second set of curl 21's transition into bent over row for 20 more reps
    At the end of the second set I have such a muscle pump going on that bending my arms and gripping things is a challenge, insane pumps.

After this, next day I'm not sore at all

Without gear I MIGHT make it through the first set of 21's, no way I can make it through 2, with gear I add in an extra set of them.

I'm making gains, I just wonder if I'm maximizing my weight training with gear, am I pushing my muscle hard enough.
    Last edited by GSXRvi6; 02-02-2014 at 01:56 PM.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Like I said I get a extra day in if I am normal doing 5 days a week off when I am on I throw in a extra day but I do increase intensity and focus making sure every rep counts and increasing in weight every week where possible which I guess I should be doing on or off. So answer is if training correct before u start cycle then u should not have to change anything

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Like I said I get a extra day in if I am normal doing 5 days a week off when I am on I throw in a extra day but I do increase intensity and focus making sure every rep counts and increasing in weight every week where possible which I guess I should be doing on or off. So answer is if training correct before u start cycle then u should not have to change anything
    Alright, I make gains on and off cycle, the only thing I really change is I add an extra set if I'm feeling good. The difference is my gains on cycle come easier.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    I think you need to life heavier to where you're at failure after no more than 12 reps. If you're not sore then you're not lifting heavy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno View Post
    I think you need to life heavier to where you're at failure after no more than 12 reps. If you're not sore then you're not lifting heavy enough.
    My primary lifts I go for 6 - 10 reps, last rep is usually pushing failure. If I can do more than 10 reps I up the weight.

I add in a few high volume sets at the end to get the full muscle feeling and pump, I was always under the impression heavy weight and low reps build strength better, but low weight and high reps help build volume so I try to mix them a little bit.
    devil-1986 likes this.

Thread Information