Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Genetic Potentials

Grandeur is offline Junior Member

Genetic Potentials

I would like to ask about (my) genetic potential...

I have a goal of between 285-295lb bodyweight with limited (10-12% BF) Physique

I was curious as to peoples opinions on the possibility of this happening, I will list my stats and experience below;

6'3
    265-275lbs
    14-15% body fat

Neck - 18 inch
    Arm - 18 Inch
    Chest - 52 Inch
    Thighs - 31 Inch
    Calves - 17 Inch
    Forearms - 16 inch
    Waist - 42 Inch

500lb+ Deadlift
    484lb+ Full Squat, 500lb+ other
    400lb+ Bench Press, 220lb Overhead Press

I have a training age of FIVE years (Possibly more, since I benched from about 12yrs old)

I am currently 18 and have no prior history of PEDs or any other substances of any kind

Any other needed information I can give.

4.4 40 yard dash
    37-38 vertical possibly even higher (done with injury)
    Last edited by Grandeur; 05-14-2014 at 06:44 AM.

qscgugcsq is offline Anabolic Member
    If without peds, I believe it achievable if you TRULY are 14-15%...
    That BW at that bf% is monster mode!

You must be HUGE.

I tend to believe that you are fatter than you think. Picture could help use evaluate your true BF.
    If you are right, you can reach your goal. Probably not naturally, but with aas I have no doubt about it.

However, keep in mind that you are just 18... Keep training for 3-5 years and then reconsider steroids .
    Right now, you can/probably will hurt you.

Show pics, and youll have better Guess

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    you are 18. this means your body will continue to grow on it's own for a few more years. The general trend is to grow maybe another half to a full inch. and grow thicker. everything else staying the same. (time to invest in a $25 set of body fat calipers to better track your BF%?)

because you have developed naturally and trained hard (congratulations), and as heavy as you are, getting to the weight you want may not be an issue. I suspect that for you, maintaining low body fat % could be an issue.

You have decent strength for your size. And explosive power as evidenced by your sprint speed. This means you probably have good genetics (aka Type II muscle fiber type).

A couple of things to watch out for later in life. Intra muscular fat. The body fat calipers will not catch this, as it only captures sub cutaneous fat. Individuals with IM fat will have a fuller overall appearance, and can be quite large. But with this hidden fat, it can sneak and creep up on you, and without even being aware of it, you could be walking around with 20% body fat. One way to see how much IM fat you have, is to do a caliper test as accurately as you can (it can be difficult for many) and then compare that result with a bodpod measurement. Theoretically, the difference should be IM fat.

I bring this up, since IM fat is seldom openly discussed here. And is one of the leading reasons why some can have a low bf% caliper reading, and still be walking around with significantly higher actual bf%. This hidden fat can affect you in a number of ways.

1) performance - hidden fat reduces gym time effectiveness
    2) AAS useage - hidden fat hides the risk of taking AAS with too high a BF% - bf increases the aromatization rate of test into estradiol, and thereby increases the risk of additional sides such as gyno.
    3) it also reduces cardio efficiency

Some of this stuff is fairly obvious. The point I want to make is that I think the weight aspect of your goals is attainable, but you will be challenged with the BF% aspect of your goals.

AND I think you can do this all naturally in the next seven or eight years (by the time you are physically peaking)

Focus on proper nutrition at this point. I think you probably already know what to do in the gym

Good luck!
    ---Roman

Audiofreak37 is offline Junior Member
    There's not way your 18 and really that size.... 15% body fat is pretty low in the grand scheme of things. Even with steroids I don't think anyone could get to that size by age 18, lol. I think that is far beyond a natty genetic potential.

If you are, then you are blessed by JC himself, and should get in the NFL, on stage, or into WWE or something asap.

For anyone who disagrees, think that Brock Lesnar is 6' 3" and weighed in at 265 when he was in the UFC...although he wasn't a fat ass, he was definitely higher than 15%.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Waist of 42" is not 15% Bf at any height
    Battleplan likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Post a picture lets see what your all about please
    < <Samson> > likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiofreak37 View Post
    There's not way your 18 and really that size.... 15% body fat is pretty low in the grand scheme of things. Even with steroids I don't think anyone could get to that size by age 18, lol. I think that is far beyond a natty genetic potential.

If you are, then you are blessed by JC himself, and should get in the NFL, on stage, or into WWE or something asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiofreak37 View Post
    For anyone who disagrees, think that Brock Lesnar is 6' 3" and weighed in at 265 when he was in the UFC...although he wasn't a fat ass, he was definitely higher than 15%.
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Waist of 42" is not 15% Bf at any height
    Mates,

Before we raise the BS flag, let's hear out Grandeur. He did say he has worked out almost his entire life...
    "I have a training age of FIVE years (Possibly more, since I benched from about 12yrs old)"
    (I'm reading this to mean he's been training since age five?) (but the portion in parenthesis now has me doubting my original assumption)

The bf% might be off a bit, not sure. But we ARE an international body building bulletin board and there have been many that come here with some very impressive stats.

I think he should post some pics and eliminate any doubt, is my opinion at this point.

Grandeur, please post some pics to support your stats, if you would be so kind?

Thanks
    ---Roman
    Audiofreak37 likes this.

I can take some pictures if that is going to help?

Perhaps I have miscalculated BF %, although I do not suspect this.

I will take photos, what is the best set of photos that would help this?

Also I do not think Lesnar was 15% + in the UFC.

I could also clarify about my lifestyle and others environmental possibilities for what I thought was average, but what seems to be pretty darn good athleticism. (Also I can take measurements and stuff i.e Arms, Thighs, Waist, I can weigh myself, you might have to take my word about my height I don't know if I have any long enough tapes)

I was born in country so I did grow up outdoors almost ALL the time, went through a year of extra schooling before everyone else which often meant lots of sports, played sports since about 5, (Football (Australian and American) Soccer)

Lifted since 12, properly, but earlier than that I would try to work out.

Have eaten junk food probably count on one hand in my life, only ever eaten organic and farmed free range foods.

Never seen any substances let alone taken them, never had booze or any kind of thing.

Perhaps these can clarify some doubt.
    Last edited by Grandeur; 05-14-2014 at 07:57 PM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    full front and back relaxed shots showing legs as well, shirtless. Throw in some flexed ones too that you like.

It's possible to have 42" waist and be 15% bf, it does raise a red flag though initially. And Times he means he's been training for five years. plus maybe more if you count when he started benching.

Photos are coming, just hang on

Last edited by Grandeur; 05-14-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    You're a big dude, but you are definitely much higher than 15%. Probably about double that.
    Last edited by Black; 05-14-2014 at 10:46 PM.

This pic will give you a rough idea. A DEXA scan or Bod Pod test will be most accurate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20140515_004554.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	150478

Keep in mind, different lighting from any of the example photos and diffeent lighting from my first photos (different room), I had a specific scan not that long ago that read 15 and I certainly have not increased since a couple of months ago.

It was one of those scans where little pads are attached and they take an electric or some type of reading, it gave a couple of results that I can only remember a few of, I will try and find the sheet of paper but here are a few..

Biological Age: 7
    Body fat: 15%
    Cell Hydration: 98%
    Last edited by Grandeur; 05-14-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    You're a big dude, but you are definitely much higher than 15%. Probably about double that.
    I'm thinking 20%

oh wait, just saw the abs. 25% or more.

Grandeur, it's still tough to gauge your overall weight since determining your height, crucial for us to determine other factors, is tough to do

My original comment still stands.

Your biggest challenge is not bulking up, that much is clear. If in fact your are 265, then that means you are carrying over 50 pounds of body fat. That is a substantial amount. Based on your Lean Body Mass, I'm thinking you should probably weigh maybe about 230 or so to have a decent looking physique.

The other thing really missing is your diet.

You have a good frame, and good potential. But at some point, you need to put some of that potential to work, and lean up.

At this point, I'd say forget about your original goal for now, and focus on getting to 12% body fat, about half of what you have now.

I'll let the others fine tune what I just said. I'm outta time and someone is waiting for me upstairs

Good luck!
    ---Roman

Blog Entries
    30%

I been close to 28%, I know what it looks like oh too well. I weighed in right under 250

rooftop1 is offline Junior Member
    Not to discourage you op but def 25-30 .

yeah, I didn't think it was a great idea to upload photos, I will take them down after everyone has had a chance to look, let me know when you guys have finished..

I can assure you that if you dial in your diet reduce bodyfat to 15% then lean bulk back up to your current body wieght you will be more than satisfied.

My diet has been in check since day one, I never like uploading photos for this reason, it seems they never in any case make me look the same as a basic look in the mirror, I am going to take the photos down.

I find it almost impossible to believe that I could have gone from 15-30% body fat in under a year gaining no more than 10-15lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Grandeur View Post
    yeah, I didn't think it was a great idea to upload photos, I will take them down after everyone has had a chance to look, let me know when you guys have finished..
    If you don't feel comfortable, by all means, take them down. But please don't be ashamed by mine or anyone else's comments. Its all meant for constructive criticism.

Again, not being rude at all, but you were probably never 15% to begin with.

Being young and flooded with hormones and a fast metabolism, you'll be able to shed that down in no time.

Diet is pretty much the key here. Search on how to calculate your TDEE and use one of the many calorie trackers out there.
    When I was your age, I was 125lbs of skin and bone. I was tiny and weak and lacked the confidence and knowledge to change anything. You have a solid base and have years of lifting already. Just get that diet where it needs to be and you'll be a BEAST brother.

The best methods for bf% testing are hydrostatic or bodpod. Those are the gold standard. I would start there, again not trying to discourage you . You def have good genetics and the frame to support your goal given your height.

Quote Originally Posted by Black
    If you don't feel comfortable, by all means, take them down. But please don't be ashamed by mine or anyone else's comments. Its all meant for constructive criticism. Again, not being rude at all, but you were probably never 15% to begin with. Being young and flooded with hormones and a fast metabolism, you'll be able to shed that down in no time. Diet is pretty much the key here. Search on how to calculate your TDEE and use one of the many calorie trackers out there. When I was your age, I was 125lbs of skin and bone. I was tiny and weak and lacked the confidence and knowledge to change anything. You have a solid base and have years of lifting already. Just get that diet where it needs to be and you'll be a BEAST brother.
    ^^^^!!

Seeing as I am not going to be taking any compounds I am going to deactivate my account, I don't know why I started but I am not feeling I will need to stick around, but no anger to anyone here, enjoy yourselves. Or perhaps a Moderator or person in power could deactivate/ban the account.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Grandeur; 05-14-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    OP is not the first one to do this

Why? Don't get discouraged, shit - it's only fat. If I did it, anyone can

Sorry I don't fully understand the statement Samson?

Blog Entries
    Sorry I don't fully understand the statement Samson?
    Another guy came on here, posted his fat pics & just left

Why?

Don't be ashamed, we are what we are. My fat pic is on here somewhere still I think

GL bro

Oh ok, got it, I am not ashamed, and no one has done anything to offend me (even if I was offended you are only being honest) I am just not believing 30% body fat? Thats double what I was well under a year ago, and I have certainly not gained anywhere near 25-30lbs maybe not even 15 in total.

I look and feel leaner, I ran a 4.4 and with an injured hip, did a 38+ vertical..

Is it possible for bad lighting and an iphone photo to possibly make a bad picture worse?

Or do I not have me finger on the pulse of body fat?

human project is offline Knowledgeable Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandeur
    ... We're there photos??? I miss everything

I can re upload them if you need to see them

You are around 25% bf so get your diet in order and increased your Cardio. It's that simple so forget what you was told and concentrate on reducing your bf.

Did those with personal Avatars use steroids to achieve their physiques? I would like to know?

Samson what was your story sir?
    Last edited by Grandeur; 05-15-2014 at 01:07 AM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Missed the photos, but based one what others said I would say that body fat test was an overly complicated biolelectric impedance test, which aren't accurate anyways. I've been in your position too, and I've been cutting for over a year now, lost dang near 50 lbs of actual fat. Don't be embarrassed, just take it for what it is, and now you have a better idea of where you are really at, some decent resources here and people that can help you on the way, also provide encouragement as you progress.

Grandeur, I think one thing is for sure- if you cut and do it right, and then lean bulk, you will be looking really, and I mean really good, especially at such a young age. If you can get down to 225 and cut, you will literally be so far ahead of the game, it ain't even funny... 6' 3", 225, and cut? I think that would be most people's dream (natural) physique bro.

Blog Entries
    Did those with personal Avatars use steroids to achieve their physiques? I would like to know?

Look through my posts, my story is a long one

But, yes - long story short, I only look like this because I am on gear. Yet, some can achieve this or even better being natty

jdpeters is offline Associate Member
    Also, don't just deactivate your account on here. There is still a wealth of information in the nutrition section as well as others. Lots of super smart guys on here too.

Good luck

Those who use their actual picture as their avatar are in the minority.

Look. This is an anonymous place where you can come and ask questions, learn, and stay motivated.

We have nothing against you, and have no ax to grind. Yes, some can be knuckleheads in how they critique your post, but you will find in life there are knuckleheads anywhere you go.

My point is you came here for a reason, did you not?

And I'm sure that reason hasn't changed, has it?

So instead of running away, I'd suggest manning up and working through this critiquing you just received.

You'll be the better for it in the long run.

Hope to see you around!
    ---Roman

That is me in my avy and yes I've used steroids
    Audiofreak37 likes this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    That is me in my avy and yes I've used steroids

Wait.........what?

@ the op. Stick around, you can learn a lot here. Good people and guidance. There are many forums here from which to learn from.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information