Thread: gyno?

rbm33 is online now Junior Member

gyno?

i posted this up a couple fo weeks ago and was maybe looking for a little update and advice.

My nipples started getting tneder and my right one imflamed with a knot underneath it while i was on TRT taking just 150 mg of Test C per week.

my last two labs showed my estrogen at 16 and 12 but i ran a little Anastrozel to se if that made a difference and all it did was crash my estrogen and make me feel like crap.

so then i found a protocol on here that said to run Evista at 60mg per day for a week and 40 mg tamox per day for a week. then after a week back off the tamox to 20mg per day.

right now im a week into this protocol and havent seen much improvement if any.

im 47 years old with about 16% bodyfat right now andi have never had ay trouble with gyno in the past.

any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Your situation sounds rather uncomfortable. The threads below should shed some light on your estrogen problem.

Do I have Gynecomastia? If you're asking this question, read this thread.

Estrogen, Prolactin, Progesterone Management + Gynecomastia Prevention & Reversal

tren_monster is offline Junior Member
    Aromasin 12.5mg eod and see if that clears it up. I'm more sensitive to estro so I take 20mg ed. Cleared me up in about 2 weeks

stevelifts is offline Junior Member
    It take some time. Week you wont see much of anything It takes a couple months at least.
    Jim

thanks for the input guys, im in the process of reading through it right now.
    maybe the info is in there and I just haven't found it yet but im not sure why im having a gyno problem when my estrogen has been under control even fairly low.

so why would I have this problem when my estrogen levels has been under control. also, is the Evista and tamox going to help since my estrogen was never high?

thanks for the input guys, im in the process of reading through it right now.
    maybe the info is in there and I just haven't found it yet but im not sure why im having a gyno problem when my estrogen has been under control even fairly low.

so why would I have this problem when my estrogen levels has been under control. also, is the Evista and tamox going to help since my estrogen was never high?

edit**** I did just find this....
    Now, lots of folks seem to order a simple Estradiol panel. This is OK but it's really not accurate. Especially in the presence of high conversion from Testosterone to Estrogen. Women have very high estrogen levels and a simple Estradiol test will suffice for them. Men however, are very sensitive to estrogen related issues and require a more accurate result. That would be a Sensitive or Ultrasensitive E2 assay. Your Estradiol result is not as accurate. So while you might think you're in range, you may in fact be above range. Slightly above range is not that big of a deal for a lot of folks, but some folks are super sensitive and are "Gyno Prone", so if you're not super experienced, get a sensitive panel

I know I crashed my estrogen level with arimidex but is it possible that I crashed is so fast then rebounded so fast that my gyno never saw the benefits of the lowered estrogen?
    Last edited by rbm33; 05-22-2014 at 09:16 PM.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevelifts View Post
    It take some time. Week you wont see much of anything It takes a couple months at least.
    Jim
    ^^^ this x2

Off cycle gyno treatment with Raloxifene should be 120mg/day week 1, 60mg/day week 2+

Gyno treatment is a show process. One should expect to implement the above treatment for at least 2 months possibly more. Raloxifene will cure any symptoms short of surgery.

All the above info was in the links previously provided.

Thread Information