Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Fiance having trouble with cholesterol levels

ggeonardo is offline New Member

Fiance having trouble with cholesterol levels

Hi;

My fiancé is 49 years old and has been taking testosterone ethanate for appx. 1 year now. He was doing 550/week, then due to acne and some other side effects, he dropped down to 375 about 4 months later and was on that dose for at least 8 months. We just got his blood tests back and his cholesterol numbers are HORRIBLE. He has also been doing 2 iu HGH/Ansomone 6 days a week (split 1 iu am and 1 iu pm) and that number looks too low so I suppose the stuff is not genuine:

Total cholesterol 353 mg/dl
    HDL 20 (very low) mg/dl
    LDL 307 (very high) mg/dl
    Cholesterol/HDL ratio 17.7 (high should be under 5!)
    Non HDL cholesterol 333 mg/dl (should be below 159)
    Testosterone Free 386.7 ng/dl
    Testosterone Total 1144 ng/dl
    IGF-1 122 ng/ml

The doctor lowered him to 125 mg/week of testosterone and put him on a statin. I HATE that he is on this statin, but the Doc said at his high cholesterol level, his blood would clot and he'd have a heart attack before any natural methods would lower his level. He wants to check his blood again in one month to make sure it is coming down and said then we could ween off the statin.

He was also diagnosed with low thyroid and Vitamin D, so he is taking both of those now to help the cholesterol level.

Any advice on what he could do for this cholesterol level? He doesn't want to lose his muscle tone and isn't happy about lowering to 125/week for the testosterone. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

He did NOT inject his HGH 3 hours before the blood test like I told him to so we could see if the stuff we have is genuine. At only 122 for his blood level, when he would have injected the night before, is it safe to assume that the supply we have is not genuine?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am very worried about him with these blood levels!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    psyllium husk fiber every day
    and take cholestoral meds
    and a baby aspirin

and I'm only on 80mg/week for my trt. guys get too hung up on the big doses for TRT. with trt, "less is more"

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    He is very lucky if that is the only side effect after 1 year of using testosterone at that dosage...

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When you try & play Doctor you end up having a fool for a patient. Let your man listen to his Doc. There's nothing wrong with taking a statin and it could very well save his life down the road. Plus, don't listen to the claims out there of 'statin' muscle wasting. As little as 5 mgs @ 3 doses per week of Crestor can bring lipids right in line & increase his HDL.

Besides, the guy is running well over 2x the normal dose of Test Cyp for TRT and you're worried about him taking a simple statin? Really?

Rv8G30 is offline Associate Member
    Just out of curiosity why do you seem so surprised? Did you think him running an endless cycle at high doses would be good for his health? There's a reason why we run cycles for a short time then give our bodies a break. At least you guys are smart enough to do blood work. Might have saved his life.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    How are his RBC and Hematocrit levels?

ggeonardo is offline New Member

Rbc

The Doc did not test those. When I go back next month should I have them tested?

G-

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    How are his RBC and Hematocrit levels?

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    If he keeps running test at those levels he is going to have a LOT more problems soon. I have little doubt he is going to have some issues when he stop running testosterone even if he drops down to a true trt level which is anywhere from 75 - 100mg a week.
    Obviously he has no clue what he is doing.

He needs to have a FULL male hormone panel run.
    -Lipid Profile
    -Complete Blood Count w/ Differential
    -Estradiol, Sensitive
    -Insulin Growth Factor (IGF-1)
    -Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    -Testosterone (Free) , Serum (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration) With Total Testosterone
    -Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
    -Thyroid Profile

Includes:
    Lipid Panel: Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (calculation); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation)
    Complete Blood Count: Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count
    Estradiol, Sensitive
    IGF-1
    Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum
    Testosterone (Free), Serum With Total
    Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA), Serum
    Thyroid Profile: Free Thyroxine Index (FTI);Thyroxine (T4); Thyroid Hormone Binding Ratio (T3 Uptake); Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-18-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    DrewZ likes this.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    ^ x2

Thread Information