• 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By ringsman
  • 1 Post By MuscleInk
  • 1 Post By David LoPan

Thread: Pain inside the thigh

Slacker78 is offline Member

Pain inside the thigh

Hello Folks.
    I did my last shot on Wednesday on thigh; cause a little of blood on plunger aspiration, i've extracted the syringe and shoot in another area, but this one was always in the thigh, much near the previous area. I finished the gear and all was ok.

Yesterday i started to feel a considerable pain inside the thigh, particularly in the area where i've shoot; this pain is sensitive to leg/thigh movements; if i pass the hand on that area i feel it hard and painful but all is inside as in the surface there's nothing and skin color is regular. I don't feel an under skin lump, but i feel the area so hard, stiff and slightly bloated and i feel consistent pain even when i walk.

Is this a sterile abscess ? What it could be and how can i proceed to health it ? I'm a bit scared... as this is the site where i've shoot several times for comfort.

Thank you guys.
    Last edited by Slacker78; 07-19-2014 at 06:13 AM.

I'm the only one to get this issue ? :O

Henrydot is offline New Member
    why didnt you just pin it on your ass? and i believe it is not sterile to use the same needle to pin after there has been blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrydotcom View Post
    why didnt you just pin it on your ass? and i believe it is not sterile to use the same needle to pin after there has been blood.
    I've changed quickly the needle to pin again... post userful comments... avoid pointless sarcams. Thank you.

ringsman is offline New Member
    Did you inject deep into the muscle? it sounds like you may have injected under the skin. The first few shot I did I injected in my thighs subQ and had a pain-like bruise there. What needle length do you use? and how much are you injecting?

Quote Originally Posted by ringsman View Post
    Did you inject deep into the muscle? it sounds like you may have injected under the skin. The first few shot I did I injected in my thighs subQ and had a pain-like bruise there. What needle length do you use? and how much are you injecting?
    Yes ringsman, i suppose i injected it too much in surface as i used short needle 25G x 5/8. Yes the pain is similar to bruise even in the skin there's no any sign. What do you suggest to me to resolve ? I feel the area painful and hard at touch ( the pain is sensitive to leg/quadricep movements ).
    Last edited by Slacker78; 07-19-2014 at 01:44 PM.

2iron is offline Associate Member
    What gear did you use? Prop? E? Did you rush the inj? If I try inj 25 ga to fast it will leave me sore too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2iron View Post
    What gear did you use? Prop? E? Did you rush the inj? If I try inj 25 ga to fast it will leave me sore too.
    Test Enanthate . No, i've injected slowly but i shoot a blood vessel i remember, even i don't think this could be the cause of this issue; the 25 ga is too short and too thin so it's hard to inject an oil based gear so fast. The pain raised 1 day after, not immediately. I feel the quadricep pretty tight and sore, especially when i walk, but in the surface, the skin it's normal...

On touching i feel just and hard skin but not a anything similar to a lump.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker78 View Post
    On touching i feel just and hard skin but not a anything similar to a lump.
    Sounds like a cellulitis infection caused by strep or staph. Antibiotics will be indicated. Recommend followup with MD.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleInk View Post
    Sounds like a cellulitis infection caused by strep or staph. Antibiotics will be indicated. Recommend followup with MD.
    MuscleInk, thank you.

I would be more sure before starting an Antibiotic Therapy. On the skin i do not see nothing and in the cellulitis infection the skin should be reddened, soft to the touch and hot. Maybe these could be late symptoms... what do you suggest ?

MuscleInk, thank you.

I would be more sure before starting an Antibiotic Therapy. On the skin i do not see nothing and in the cellulitis infection the skin should be reddened, soft to the touch and hot. Maybe these could be late symptoms... what do you suggest ?
    Cellulitis can begin as warmth on the skin. As it progresses, the skin may become pallor or actually cool to touch depending on how much circulation in the area is impacted by the swelling and tightness. Early symptoms are warm, slightly raised, and redness on the surface. As the infection spreads, the redness may disappear but the affected region will become gradually more stiff and your range of motion in the area will be affected. I've treated a range of cellulitis infections, some more serious than others and some requiring aggressive treatment (i.v. antibiotics such as invanz). Depending on how severe you feel it is, you may wait it out and see, but in my experience, as the muscle tightens and the area becomes more painful, antibiotics are the necessary clinical management. I don't prescribe antibiotics readily - I'm one of the few MDs that think they are overused and misused. Heating the area and a light massage may provide relief, but if the symptoms persist for 5 days or increase in severity, seek medical intervention. Cellulitis infections are easily treated provided they do not progress too far or track to non infected areas. Necrotizing fasciitis is a form of deep penetrating cellulitis caused by the same strain of bacteria, but that is the worst case scenario and fortunately a very rare syndrome.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Cellulitis can begin as warmth on the skin. As it progresses, the skin may become pallor or actually cool to touch depending on how much circulation in the area is impacted by the swelling and tightness. Early symptoms are warm, slightly raised, and redness on the surface. As the infection spreads, the redness may disappear but the affected region will become gradually more stiff and your range of motion in the area will be affected. I've treated a range of cellulitis infections, some more serious than others and some requiring aggressive treatment (i.v. antibiotics such as invanz). Depending on how severe you feel it is, you may wait it out and see, but in my experience, as the muscle tightens and the area becomes more painful, antibiotics are the necessary clinical management. I don't prescribe antibiotics readily - I'm one of the few MDs that think they are overused and misused. Heating the area and a light massage may provide relief, but if the symptoms persist for 5 days or increase in severity, seek medical intervention. Cellulitis infections are easily treated provided they do not progress too far or track to non infected areas. Necrotizing fasciitis is a form of deep penetrating cellulitis caused by the same strain of bacteria, but that is the worst case scenario and fortunately a very rare syndrome.
    Ok, yes, you've reason. In every case i could start with antibiotics to see if i get some response. 2 Questions:

1) I suppose i should take systemic antibiotic

2) Could i use Clarithromycin ?

3) What could i use to fight the prostration and tiredeness that antibiotic cause ( when i take them i feel pretty tired ! ) ?

Thank you so much Muscle Ink.

Ok, yes, you've reason. In every case i could start with antibiotics to see if i get some response. 2 Questions:

1) I suppose i should take systemic antibiotic

2) Could i use Clarithromycin ?

3) What could i use to fight the prostration and tiredeness that antibiotic cause ( when i take them i feel pretty tired ! ) ?

Thank you so much Muscle Ink.
    I usually prefer clindamycin or bactrim. I get good responses in most patients, although clinda can be harsh for some, especially on their digestive tracts causing diarrhea, constipation, and dyspepsia as the primary symptoms. Many prefer cephalexin because its a broad spectrum. I've prescribed it a few times but again, it's not one of my preferred drugs, especially for more active people due to the dehydration properties and risk of soft tissue trauma.

For the lethargy, I usually increase my B12 for a short period - anywhere from 5000-10,000 mcg per day. It's a lot, but for short durations is fine. In addition, hydration, hydration, hydration. Sounds pretty simple but it has made a difference for me and those that followed the recommendation. Try to take a few days off to rest. I know its difficult (I'm off for 3 weeks due to a bleeding event) but sometimes the rest is really what the body needs to recover and you will feel stronger for it. I've heard others suggest an increase in NO supplements, although I see no rationale or benefit as far as reducing fatigue.
    Slacker78 likes this.

I usually prefer clindamycin or bactrim. I get good responses in most patients, although clinda can be harsh for some, especially on their digestive tracts causing diarrhea, constipation, and dyspepsia as the primary symptoms. Many prefer cephalexin because its a broad spectrum. I've prescribed it a few times but again, it's not one of my preferred drugs, especially for more active people due to the dehydration properties and risk of soft tissue trauma.

For the lethargy, I usually increase my B12 for a short period - anywhere from 5000-10,000 mcg per day. It's a lot, but for short durations is fine. In addition, hydration, hydration, hydration. Sounds pretty simple but it has made a difference for me and those that followed the recommendation. Try to take a few days off to rest. I know its difficult (I'm off for 3 weeks due to a bleeding event) but sometimes the rest is really what the body needs to recover and you will feel stronger for it. I've heard others suggest an increase in NO supplements, although I see no rationale or benefit as far as reducing fatigue.
    I have used Clarithromycin time ago for other infections and i have tolerated it very good. Could i use it or it's ineffective for Cellulitis ? Further, how long should last the treatment more or less ? 5 days ?
    Last edited by Slacker78; 07-19-2014 at 03:46 PM.

I have used Clarithromycin time ago for other infections and i have tolerated it very good. Could i use it or it's ineffective for Cellulitis ?
    For early stages (typically class one infections), biaxin (clarithro) @ 500mg bd po is fine. For more advanced cellulitis, the oral form is less effective and I've needed to use i.v. admin.

For early stages (typically class one infections), biaxin (clarithro) @ 500mg bd po is fine. For more advanced cellulitis, the oral form is less effective and I've needed to use i.v. admin.
    I think mine is an early stage, so i will start with this. How long should last the treatment approximately ? 5 days ?

I think mine is an early stage, so i will start with this. How long should last the treatment approximately ? 5 days ?
    I typically prescribe enough for 10-12 days (severity dependent). If I don't have a response in 5, I use a secondary antibiotic. The tightness you feel should respond within 3-5 at a dose of 500mg bd po.

You can always PM me if secondary conditions develop as well.
    Slacker78 likes this.

I typically prescribe enough for 10-12 days (severity dependent). If I don't have a response in 5, I use a secondary antibiotic. The tightness you feel should respond within 3-5 at a dose of 500mg bd po.

You can always PM me if secondary conditions develop as well.
    Ok, i will keep you informed it about. Thank you so much my friend, god bless you

ringsman is offline New Member
    Dud u are fine. You just injected under the skin. You just have to wait about 4 to 5 days for your body to absorb it. Next time use 1inch or 1.5 for thighs. You want it deep in the muscle.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ringsman View Post
    Dud u are fine. You just injected under the skin. You just have to wait about 4 to 5 days for your body to absorb it. Next time use 1inch or 1.5 for thighs. You want it deep in the muscle.
    This could be possible but i don't want to risk to lose my leg.... next shots will be taken with more careful.

MuscleInk: clarithro ( or Other antibiotics ) could affect steroids cycle ? Are there some tips i could be aware being i'm taking it while i'm on cycle ? I'm protecting my liver with NAC 1200 mg ED. Is it enough ?

Not knowing your full medical Hx or other Rx meds you may be on, in general, I run 2400mg of NAC on cycle, 4800mg if an oral is included.

You're fine with clarithro unless a hx of significant cardiac events/risks.

Like most antibiotics, GI problems are biggest concerns (constipation, diarrhea, bloating, dyspepsia, etc.).

Biaxin should not be taken with benzodiazepines.

.....and yes, minimum depth of injection should be 1inch for steroids , especially in quadriceps. Again, depending on pain, limitation in ROM, you could wait a few days, apply warm compress and massage as previously suggested. If no relief or symptoms advance, begin course of AB.

I've had two cellulitis infection of my own. I let them run their course for three days before beginning AB and by the third day my range of motion in my quad was only 5-10% and it was exceptionally tight and becoming pale - an absolute sign of spreading infection.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Not knowing your full medical Hx or other Rx meds you may be on, in general, I run 2400mg of NAC on cycle, 4800mg if an oral is included.

You're fine with clarithro unless a hx of significant cardiac events/risks.

Like most antibiotics, GI problems are biggest concerns (constipation, diarrhea, bloating, dyspepsia, etc.).

Biaxin should not be taken with benzodiazepines.

.....and yes, minimum depth of injection should be 1inch for steroids , especially in quadriceps. Again, depending on pain, limitation in ROM, you could wait a few days, apply warm compress and massage as previously suggested. If no relief or symptoms advance, begin course of AB.

I've had two cellulitis infection of my own. I let them run their course for three days before beginning AB and by the third day my range of motion in my quad was only 5-10% and it was exceptionally tight and becoming pale - an absolute sign of spreading infection.
    Ok. For B12 integration, i have found 2 types: oral and injection. What do you suggest in this stage ?
    Last edited by Slacker78; 07-19-2014 at 04:31 PM.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    cyanocobalamin b-12 is crap, methylcobalamin is the best for injections. But I take oral B-12 myself and my blood work shows it works well. Everyone is different.
    Slacker78 likes this.

Thread Information