Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Atomini is offline Banned

How much Potassium to take while on Clen?

My Clen just arrived in the mail and i've got everything set up. I've got the L-Taurine, the Benadryl, and the Potassium ready. My only problem is that everywhere i've looked, including Clen FAQs, I haven't been able to find how much Potassium to supplement with every day while on Clen.

The brand of Potassium I got has each tablet containing 50mg. Can someone let me know how much to take per day and when to take it?

And another question just came up. Do I take ALL of my Clen doses at once, or do I spread them out throughout the day like you do with Ephedrine?

NOREGRETS is offline Senior Member
    You use potassium as needed, start with a low end dose and work your way up. A dose between 200-600mg should be taken before bed preferably on an empty stomach.
    Clen should be split evenly through out the day, but make sure your doses are not to late in the day or to close to a workout.

Good Luck

Kimo27 is offline Associate Member
    why the need for potassium?

and why not to close to workout?

just asking b/c i plan to use clen soon.

ebjack is offline Senior Member
    clenbuterol will reduce serum potassium and you will get cramps from hell.
    also it could make your heart race too much during a workout if taken too close to one

Quote Originally Posted by ebjack
    clenbuterol will reduce serum potassium and you will get cramps from hell.
    also it could make your heart race too much during a workout if taken too close to one
    wow thanks for info dude! so basically everytime someone gets cramps off using clen they just take potassuim correct?
    Last edited by Kimo27; 04-02-2007 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo27
    wow thanks for info dude! so basically everytime someone gets cramps off using clen they just take potassuim correct?
    just like NOREGRETS said....work your way up to a dose that works for you

fabry is offline Senior Member
    potassium and taurine...

chest6 is offline Banned
    I have heard do not supplement potassium. Let me PM my bud that told me that..

phil5883 is offline New Member
    I would just eat a banana or a mango each day. But hey thats me. Not to hijack the thread but if i wake up everymoning around 9, eat at 930 and hit the gym around 10, should my first dose be taken after i workout or before? And what exactly is TOO close to a workout?

Quote Originally Posted by phil5883
    I would just eat a banana or a mango each day. But hey thats me. Not to hijack the thread but if i wake up everymoning around 9, eat at 930 and hit the gym around 10, should my first dose be taken after i workout or before? And what exactly is TOO close to a workout?
    I'd like to know how close is too close as well, but I would guess no more than 2 hours before a workout, because when I was using Ephedrine, my last dose before my workouts was 2 hours prior. So, I may do that here with Clen unless someone says it's still too soon before the workout.

And the cramps are caused by the Clen leeching L-Taurine out of your body, correct? The Potassium is for your heart, as the Clen also leeches Potassium out, and that's not good for the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini
    I'd like to know how close is too close as well, but I would guess no more than 2 hours before a workout, because when I was using Ephedrine, my last dose before my workouts was 2 hours prior. So, I may do that here with Clen unless someone says it's still too soon before the workout.

And the cramps are caused by the Clen leeching L-Taurine out of your body, correct? The Potassium is for your heart, as the Clen also leeches Potassium out, and that's not good for the heart.
    the taurine is for your heart i think

Quote Originally Posted by Atomini

It's basically a feel thing, you need to experiment with the time you wait before a workout. I usually take my last dose of the day around 4pm and workout around 7pm. With that schedule, I don't experience any breathing or sleeping problems.

Yes, clen depletes taurine levels which can cause cramping. Never heard about potassium levels lowered by clen, rather your just making sure that your potassium levels are not low, which will increase your changes of cramping. I have to use both potassium and taurine in max doses or I will experience severe cramping in any muscle at any given time.
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by phil5883
    Your first dose would be taken after your workout. Refer to ^^^ about time.

duramaxedge is offline Senior Member
    Dood, read perfect beasts post about clen .. he talks about potassium and taurine.. I used to run 100mg 3x per day with FOOD... and some taurine as well..

All beta-2 agonists (clenbuterol , albuterol) cause a drop in serum potassium by moving extracellular potassium into the cell...

Found a reference

Burton D Rose, MD

UpToDate performs a continuous review of over 375 journals and other resources. Updates are added as important new information is published. The literature review for version 15.1 is current through December 2006; this topic was last changed on May 30, 2001. The next version of UpToDate (15.2) will be released in June 2007.

INTRODUCTION — Catecholamines have potentially important clinical effects on potassium balance, primarily by influencing the distribution of potassium between the extracellular fluid and the cells. In particular, stimulation of the ß2-receptors by epinephrine promotes the movement of extracellular potassium into the cells, thereby lowering the plasma potassium concentration [1]; this effect appears to be mediated by increased activity of the cellular Na-K-ATPase pump and possibly by enhanced pancreatic insulin release [2,3]. In comparison, the alpha-receptors tend to impair cell uptake and mildly raise the plasma potassium concentration [4].

One clinical example of this relationship is that the release of epinephrine during a stress response, such as coronary ischemia, delirium tremens, or hypoglycemia, can acutely and transiently lower the plasma potassium concentration by as much as 0.5 to 0.6 meq/L [5-8]. This may be a particular problem in patients with preexisting diuretic-induced mild hypokalemia, in whom the epinephrine effect can reduce the plasma potassium concentration below 2.8 meq/L (show figure 1) [6]. The induction of marked hypokalemia in this setting may contribute to the increase in sudden cardiac death that may be associated with chronic high dose diuretic therapy in patients with hypertension and cardiac disease [9].

A similar hypokalemic effect can be induced by the administration of a ß2-adrenergic agonist, such as albuterol, terbutaline, or dobutamine to treatment asthma or heart failure or to prevent premature labor [10-12]. In heart failure, for example, the acute 0.4 meq/L fall in the plasma potassium concentration can enhance the tendency to ventricular arrhythmias [11].

On the other hand, the ß2-adrenergic effect can be used therapeutically in the initial treatment of severe hyperkalemia, which most often occurs in patients with advanced renal failure. (See "Causes of hyperkalemia"). As an example, preliminary studies suggest that albuterol can transiently lower the plasma potassium concentration in this setting by 0.5 to 1.5 meq/L [13,14]. In comparison, epinephrine has a less predictable potassium-lowering effect in renal failure [14,15]. This difference appears to be related to the alpha-adrenergic (as well as ß2-adrenergic) activity of epinephrine. As mentioned above, activation of alpha-receptors tends to cause potassium movement out of, not into, the cells [4]; for reasons that are unclear, patients with renal failure show increased response to the alpha effect, thereby limiting or even preventing any fall in the plasma potassium concentration [15].

All beta-2 agonists (clenbuterol , albuterol) cause a drop in serum potassium by moving extracellular potassium into the cell...

Found a reference

Burton D Rose, MD

UpToDate performs a continuous review of over 375 journals and other resources. Updates are added as important new information is published. The literature review for version 15.1 is current through December 2006; this topic was last changed on May 30, 2001. The next version of UpToDate (15.2) will be released in June 2007.

INTRODUCTION — Catecholamines have potentially important clinical effects on potassium balance, primarily by influencing the distribution of potassium between the extracellular fluid and the cells. In particular, stimulation of the ß2-receptors by epinephrine promotes the movement of extracellular potassium into the cells, thereby lowering the plasma potassium concentration [1]; this effect appears to be mediated by increased activity of the cellular Na-K-ATPase pump and possibly by enhanced pancreatic insulin release [2,3]. In comparison, the alpha-receptors tend to impair cell uptake and mildly raise the plasma potassium concentration [4].

One clinical example of this relationship is that the release of epinephrine during a stress response, such as coronary ischemia, delirium tremens, or hypoglycemia, can acutely and transiently lower the plasma potassium concentration by as much as 0.5 to 0.6 meq/L [5-8]. This may be a particular problem in patients with preexisting diuretic-induced mild hypokalemia, in whom the epinephrine effect can reduce the plasma potassium concentration below 2.8 meq/L (show figure 1) [6]. The induction of marked hypokalemia in this setting may contribute to the increase in sudden cardiac death that may be associated with chronic high dose diuretic therapy in patients with hypertension and cardiac disease [9].

A similar hypokalemic effect can be induced by the administration of a ß2-adrenergic agonist, such as albuterol, terbutaline, or dobutamine to treatment asthma or heart failure or to prevent premature labor [10-12]. In heart failure, for example, the acute 0.4 meq/L fall in the plasma potassium concentration can enhance the tendency to ventricular arrhythmias [11].

On the other hand, the ß2-adrenergic effect can be used therapeutically in the initial treatment of severe hyperkalemia, which most often occurs in patients with advanced renal failure. (See "Causes of hyperkalemia"). As an example, preliminary studies suggest that albuterol can transiently lower the plasma potassium concentration in this setting by 0.5 to 1.5 meq/L [13,14]. In comparison, epinephrine has a less predictable potassium-lowering effect in renal failure [14,15]. This difference appears to be related to the alpha-adrenergic (as well as ß2-adrenergic) activity of epinephrine. As mentioned above, activation of alpha-receptors tends to cause potassium movement out of, not into, the cells [4]; for reasons that are unclear, patients with renal failure show increased response to the alpha effect, thereby limiting or even preventing any fall in the plasma potassium concentration [15].

Thanks for the information, do you know where the underlined reference was taken from?

Quote Originally Posted by NOREGRETS
    Thanks for the information, do you know where the underlined reference was taken from?

I just googled it...but I know that we monitor K+ (potassium) in patients that we have on high amounts of albuterol (for asthma).
    also I have seen MDs use large doses of albuterol for hyperkalemia

I just googled it...but I know that we monitor K+ (potassium) in patients that we have on high amounts of albuterol (for asthma).
    also I have seen MDs use large doses of albuterol for hyperkalemia
    OK, thanks again for the info.

ok im doing cardio first thing in the morning, so i should use the clen afterward right?

GonnaBeHuge is offline Junior Member
    ok im doing cardio first thing in the morning, so i should use the clen afterward right?
    Right. I don't recommend taking clen before cardio.

GonnaBeHuge is offline Junior Member
    Right. I don't recommend taking clen before cardio.

EDIT: Whoops. Didn't mean to post twice. sorry

phil5883 is offline New Member
    The L-Taurine, as per PB's Clen FAQ, is for the cramps.
    --
    Clen Faq. You better like it it took me ages.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I would suggest supping with Taurine. If you have a good diet there should be more than enough potassium in it anyway. If there is not I would suggest re-evaluating your current diet.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    I would suggest supping with Taurine. If you have a good diet there should be more than enough potassium in it anyway. If there is not I would suggest re-evaluating your current diet.
    Agreed, but that's the whole point of supplements, not everyone has a perfect nutritional diet, especially during cutting. Better safe, than sorry IMO. Those clen cramp are a real mofo to deal with.

this is a seriouse question but would like 5 bananas a day suffice?

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    yes that would be more than enough. Also dried fruits such as apricots and raisins are excellent sources as are sweet potatoes.

Five would be excessive, one medium banana has around 400mg of potassium and about 100-150 calories. 500 plus calories ED eating bananas would not be ideal during cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by NOREGRETS
    Five would be excessive, one medium banana has around 400mg of potassium and about 100-150 calories. 500 plus calories ED eating bananas would not be ideal during cutting.
    Yeah I was wondering about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

And, I was doing a leg workout the other day and I think I was getting the beginnings of cramps in my calves and my glutes. I was taking the taurine 1 gram pre-workout and 1 gram post-workout. I am going to up it to 2 grams pre and post-workout. I don't think 1 is enough for my weight and size.

epixs is offline New Member
    I know this is a old thread, however the information is not repeatable in other threads...

If anyone can answer, on the topic of hypokalemia.

Since clen saturates the body of the potassium, can't we just intake as much potassium as we want? The body will absorb what it want's and secrete the rest via the kidney...I'm confused on why I'm seeing posts on where even to much potassium can cause problems as well, since in my view any excess is just removed...better be safe then sorry?

Thanks

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by epixs View Post
    I know this is a old thread, however the information is not repeatable in other threads...

If anyone can answer, on the topic of hypokalemia.

Since clen saturates the body of the potassium, can't we just intake as much potassium as we want? The body will absorb what it want's and secrete the rest via the kidney...I'm confused on why I'm seeing posts on where even to much potassium can cause problems as well, since in my view any excess is just removed...better be safe then sorry?

Thanks
    Excess potassium is removed by the kidney but taking too much does not mean it is impossible to have blood levels of potassium that are too high. Elevated potassium could lead to arrhythmia of the heart. How likely is it to occur- I have no idea. A good portion prob depends on kidney health and other health factors.

Thread Information