PRODIJ is offline Junior Member

Does sodium intake affects quality of gains?

Im on 6 week of test e cycle. Trainning on point, no cardio, eating lots lots of food. !0 hours of sleep.
    In other words not doing anything else than just focusing on the gym.

But with low sodium intake. Gains have not been really good, nor strength gains. My trainer told me my lips were really dry.. that I have to up my sodium.

on this low sodium diet I do feel thirsty like I have walked a marathon when training. Consuming serious amounts of water through the day.

I started at 80kgs
    1.76m
    22 year old

and only up to 81kgs on the scale.

Could this be the reason my gains are dimished? I have been doing low sodium on purpose since my blood pressure tends to become high and just wanted to avoid that. I know my age is not the most recommended to cycle. But any info or guide is always greatly appreciated. knowledge is power

stay safe
    Last edited by PRODIJ; 08-10-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Muscleduke is offline Associate Member
    What's your current sodium intake? Up the water Even more.

Adequate sodium intake for the average person is around 1,500mg per day. Obviously this differs from person to person. Your body needs sodium to maintain blood pressure/volume, It's also an electrolyte it draws excess fluid out the blood stream.

Don't reduce your sodium to much, to be honest I'm not entirely sure whether it will effect your gains to much that will depend on other things like your diet, training etc.. But what I do know is its a health risk and your health is more important that your gains so don't remove sodium it's a vital nutrient.

What's your current cycle look like, 6 weeks worth of test e is not worth it at all or do you mean your on week 6? Running Ai? HCG ? Pct?
    Last edited by Muscleduke; 08-10-2014 at 02:20 PM.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sodium does play a role in muscle function and helps balance the water in your body. Usually I hear about people having too much sodium in their diet, which causes higher blood pressures and water retention commonly.

Low sodium is another story, you need it, just not too much. If you are drinking plenty of water and your diet does not have much sodium in it I would add some, but monitor your intake. I would stay away from sports drinks with electrolytes if they have a lot of sugar in them though.

Most doctors will give you a slightly different figure but the general consensus is around 2300mg/day for the average healthy adult and no more than 1500mg/day for someone with high BP. I would stick closer to that 1500mg figure if you are on cycle.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I seriously doubt that your sodium intake is too low if you're eating "lots and lots" of food.
    What are you eating, anyway?

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Agreed. Post diet.

Thread Information