eries is offline New Member

Steroids for competitive milers

Hello everyone! I am a senior in college, and looking to have a phenomenal track (and XC) season. My focus lies in the 1500m dash/run.
    In a PED I am NOT:

Looking to bulk up, get big,
    Looking to have massive water-retention caused "pumps" or cramps,
    Looking to pay high hundreds/thousands of dollars (HGH/Soma), Erythropoetin (EPO),
    Looking to continue steroid use after this spring (Liver toxicity isn't that big of an issue, as it will only be a one-time/two-time cycle).

In a PED I am looking for:
    Enhanced recovery benefits,
    Increase of RBC (although not necessary),
    Anti-inflamitory properties (although not necessary),
    Cutting of about 2% body fat from a competitive track athlete with an already low body fat (See: Professional Male Model's abdominals, etc),
    Enhanced speed (although not necessary).
    Low Urinalysis testing times (although, not necessary, this is preferred)

For reference, I am 23, and run a 4:45 mile. My current mileage is about 60/70 miles per week, and am hoping to get the edge I need as a collegiate athlete. Also, I perform core work every day, 30 mins daily, with 1hr every other day (30m, 1h, 30m, 1h, 30m, 1h...)

Thank you.
    Anon.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you understand the risks associated with steroids ?

Some are going to argue that your various hormone producing systems are still developing, whether they are or not is hard to tell as everyone stops growing at different times. Taking AAS supposedly makes the chance of long-term complications greater than if you were fully developed. Whether you agree with this or not you must still ask the question, are the possible long-term risks worth the short term benefits?

If you were looking to make building muscle and/or performing a life-long ordeal then I would feel much better about you cycling right now. Since you are only looking for one or two cycles I feel like that makes the benefits worth less.

If you are looking to cycle I would suggest a beginner's test cycle with a short-term ester along with all of the appropriate ancillaries that you should learn about on here such as HCG , AI, and PCT compounds.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No one ever does one cycle. Bro science 101

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    No one ever does one cycle. Bro science 101
    Valid point and I agree completely, I didn't really think of that. I was a one-cycler too lol, here I am many thousands of pins later.

The idea would be that the PED would be a rather mild one, thus the low anabolic muscle building capabilities. I am not looking into steroid use to get big, but rather for recovery/cutting purposes. I have read that certain "mild" steroids do not require post-cycle therapies. I am new to this area of the internet, but have read the risks associated with steroid use.
    As a recap, I am not looking to get big from a PED. The PED needs to be mild, to accompany sprint/mid-distance track work. Any added benefits via RBC/erythrocyte production, etc, is a bonus. However, I am not looking to get "pumps," or cramps from a PED, which would slow down my trackwork, anyways.

The PED must aid in recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by eries
    The idea would be that the PED would be a rather mild one, thus the low anabolic muscle building capabilities. I am not looking into steroid use to get big, but rather for recovery/cutting purposes. I have read that certain "mild" steroids do not require post-cycle therapies. I am new to this area of the internet, but have read the risks associated with steroid use. As a recap, I am not looking to get big from a PED. The PED needs to be mild, to accompany sprint/mid-distance track work. Any added benefits via RBC/erythrocyte production, etc, is a bonus. However, I am not looking to get "pumps," or cramps from a PED, which would slow down my trackwork, anyways.
    You have read incorrect information. You will require pct.

I have read about HCG , and it seems to not directly affect recovery rates. AI? HGH is right along with what I want via a PED, but the pricing is not possible. The same can be said about erythropoetin (EPO).

I have read about HCG, and it seems to not directly affect recovery rates. AI? HGH is right along with what I want via a PED, but the pricing is not possible. The same can be said about erythropoetin (EPO).
    Hcg is no longer used for pct because it is suppressive. And if you can't afford what you want for your goals then you honestly are soL.

That is the entire point. I am looking for an alternative PED to HGH, one that aids in recovery, and does not inhibit running/sprint economy. Cutting is also necessary. The entire point of the thread was to seek answers to PED's that fit this category. HCG doesn't seem to do this.

That is the entire point. I am looking for an alternative PED to HGH, one that aids in recovery, and does not inhibit running/sprint economy. Cutting is also necessary. The entire point of the thread was to seek answers to PED's that fit this category. HCG doesn't seem to do this.
    maybe look into peptides.

Quote Originally Posted by eries View Post
    I have given you your answer, I can only spell it out so much for you and it is up to you to do the rest of the research for yourself. I am going to paste an article at the bottom of this post that will explain your first steroid cycle.

A short ester Test cycle will be your best bet because it is a fairly mild steroid with very little negative side effects. Being a short ester it will exit your system a little faster so your test levels returns to normal ranges sooner in case of a drug test.

HCG was not a recommendation for a cycle, it is an ancillary compound used in conjunction with test in order to maintain some facet of natural test production in your gonads. It keeps them from shrinking up and lying dormant while on cycle. Once your body detects unnatural amounts of test in your body it will shut down your natural production. There is a higher chance of a smooth recovery when cycling with HCG.

An AI is an aromatase inhibitor, it binds to the enzyme aromatase which in turn prevents the excess production of estrogen in your body. With high testosterone levels comes high estrogen levels. Mp is right, and decent steroid cycle will require a PCT protocol.

Prohormones are going to be the only compounds that are going to be more mild than testosterone . If you ask me, and I have done a lot of them in my day, they are garbage, a waste of money, and not worth it in most cases. However, if you look into them and find one you like, they usually do not require PCT.

Your only other options that I can think of is hitting up GNC for some OTC crap.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    I played competitive soccer for many years and about halfway through my career I began taking low dose test about halfway through the season. Never more than 200mg/week. This allowed me to recover faster and prevented me from losing too much weight as the season dragged on. Obviously, I was running 6-8 miles a day so I can relate to your problem. I never felt this dose gave me any performance enhancement per se, but as I got older it allowed me to continue training hard through the season and keep up with the kids coming out of college.

I think the way to go now is peptides. They aren't nearly as expensive as growth.

Blog Entries
    Many Olympic sprinters had a past history of using Winstrol and Somatropin

Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    Many Olympic sprinters had a past history of using Winstrol and Somatropin
    Let's not rule out blood doping either

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have read about HCG, and it seems to not directly affect recovery rates. AI? HGH is right along with what I want via a PED, but the pricing is not possible. The same can be said about erythropoetin (EPO).
    If you want the effects of HGH then look into peptides. They are effective and cheaper. Worth a shot.

Blood doping does not work unless you have blood with a higher oxygen content than before (I.E., Training at high altitude), due to a similarity in hemocrit levels. RBC count will not increase. The only way to increase RBC enough for a performance increase is Erythropoetin ($x0,000 per month in costs & monitoring), or steroidal use (disadvantages include "pumps" due to high water retention & long periods of detection window times via urinalysis.)
    Regarding peptides, can anyone point me in a direction on where to look, and where I could find urinalysis detection times/half-life information on the chemicals?

Blood doping does not work unless you have blood with a higher oxygen content than before (I.E., Training at high altitude), due to a similarity in hemocrit levels. RBC count will not increase. The only way to increase RBC enough for a performance increase is Erythropoetin ($x0,000 per month in costs & monitoring), or steroidal use (disadvantages include "pumps" due to high water retention & long periods of detection window times via urinalysis.) Regarding peptides, can anyone point me in a direction on where to look, and where I could find urinalysis detection times/half-life information on the chemicals?
    You withdraw a bunch of your own blood. Right before competition you inject it back into body. By this time your body has regenerated it's own blood so your red blood cell count will increase significantly.

This is what I was told. Obviously I have never done this

Blood doping does not work unless you have blood with a higher oxygen content than before (I.E., Training at high altitude), due to a similarity in hemocrit levels. RBC count will not increase. The only way to increase RBC enough for a performance increase is Erythropoetin ($x0,000 per month in costs & monitoring), or steroidal use (disadvantages include "pumps" due to high water retention & long periods of detection window times via urinalysis.)
    Regarding peptides, can anyone point me in a direction on where to look, and where I could find urinalysis detection times/half-life information on the chemicals?
    You're not teaching us anything new. Just be wary of elevating your hematocrit too high because then it will have the opposite effect you want. I would never recommend blood doping without a tank if you ask me.

Here is a start to your search into peptides. The ones 600 is talking about are CJC-1295 w/o DAC (Mod GRF 1-29) and GHRP 6 and 2. Google those, there are other phohormones here worth looking at, just use the search tool.

Thank you for your help everyone!
    My only other question regarding peptides is, are they affordable, like certain steroids ?

Thank you for your help everyone!
    My only other question regarding peptides is, are they affordable, like certain steroids?
    Most are usually much more affordable than most steroids so do not worry there. That is about as far into price discussion as we are allowed to go on these forums though. Our site sponsor carries peptides, click on the ARR banner at the top of the page. With ARR, you are guaranteed to get what you pay for with nothing watered down or faked.

Can anyone else vouch for the site at the top of the screen, in terms of reliability?
    Also, I am having difficulty finding urinalysis detection times for Peptide Hormones, or half-lives.
    Sorry for the stupid questions, but I am a newbie!

Can anyone else vouch for the site at the top of the screen, in terms of reliability? Also, I am having difficulty finding urinalysis detection times for Peptide Hormones, or half-lives. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I am a newbie!
    Every one of their products are top notch. Prices are a little high IMO but I don't go anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Every one of their products are top notch. Prices are a little high IMO but I don't go anywhere else.
    I bought AI from elsewhere and it turned up fake and I got the onset of gyno. From now on I gladly use ARR, even if they are a little higher.

tarmyg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    You must be attending a school that only compete in no tested events I presume. Also a school that do not test for drugs at all.

Hendirx91 is offline New Member
    Just skimmed the thread but I didn't see EQ mentioned. Equipoise fits your bill nicely. It's all diet dependent, but you can lean out, gain some muscle while remaining at the same weight.. and have increased RBC count and increased recovery.. EQ is amazing for the situation you're in IMO.

Edit: Just noticed you mentioned a urinalysis.. you don't really have many choices in that case if you're going to be tested.. I believe EQ can be detected for around 5 months (?) in the blood.. maybe just some winstrol

Yes, I am being tested. After reflecting, I don't really see any PED's that I could honestly take, without risking a positive drug test. Peptides do show promise, but I still can't find anywhere that shows a urinalysis detection window, or half-lives, so that I could at least make a guesstimate on how long it would remain in my urine. I have thought about EQ for post-grad, but it seems that it causes high amounts of water bloating/ muscle "pumps" that could detrimental towards my training. If anyone ends up having an idea, I am open ears at this point.
    The main qualities i'm looking for in a PED are enhanced recovery. Anything else added is a bonus.
    Already, I take 800mg Ibuprofen, along with a 8min icebath after every workout, and suppliment 250mg Beta Alanine before every hard workout. During the Off-season, I take creatine, but not during the season (water bloating).
    Thanks,
    Eries.

We would be able to give you better options if we knew more about the type of drug test they do at your institution. Most tests just check for a ratio of test to epitest, if you have too much and your ratio is higher than usual then they can either take action or schedule a more thorough test that would be able to identify the type of compound. Different organizations allow different ratios. I have seen 4:1 and 6:1.

All of the places I have been involved with test this way to include the world anti-doping agency. If this were the case for your college then all you would have to do is make sure your hormone levels were in normal ranges at the time of the test, despite most likely still having the compound in your system.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    The organization that does the testing is required to provide you with the means of testing and the compounds being tested for. If peptides aren't on the list, you have nothing to worry about. Get the list, one of your coaches should have it, and start there.

I was fortunate, 100 years ago when I was tested the ration was still 6:1 and was easy to beat on low doses. Of course we didn't have peptides and all that other stuff. It was just a straight up ratio test.

Don't quote me on this but I think the only way to test for peptides is with a blood test. I seem to remember reading that in a book about cycling.

You can see my drug testing policies via googling NCAA Drug Testing Banned Substance List. They do claim to test for Peptides.
    The forums would not let me paste the text from the substance list, nor link directly to it.
    *They only perform random urinalysis tests.

You can see my drug testing policies via googling NCAA Drug Testing Banned Substance List. They do claim to test for Peptides.
    The forums would not let me paste the text from the substance list, nor link directly to it.
    *They only perform random urinalysis tests.
    Well the methodology they use is unknown to me. Here is the excerpt from their website that should concern you:

"1.1.2. Evidence of presence of a banned substance
    and/or metabolite will be from analysis of the student-
    athlete’s urine and confirmation by an NCAAapproved
    laboratory through mass spectrometry in
    combination with gas chromatography, liquid chromatography
    or isotope mass spectometry, or other
    approved methods. The method of testing for erythropoietin
    (EPO) is isoelectric focusing (IEF) with immunoblotting,
    and other approved methods."

This states they will test via urine samples, which isn't really important to know. What is important to note is that they openly admit to testing for test to epitest ratios. That normally isn't a big deal either since you can just take a short ester test and be down to a reasonable level of testosterone fairly quickly.

The problem here is that they say they will confirm via a spectrometer. If they do this every test then you should not risk it. If they only do this confirmation testing if your test:epitest is high then you can possibly sneak it in.

I wouldn't risk it if I truly cared about my athletic and academic future.

JayMoe is offline New Member
    Have you looked into ITPP? It increases the amount of oxygen your red blood cells can carry leading to increased endurance. I am unsure if it is a substance that can be tested for, but to err on the side of caution, I'd assume that it can be. Steroids and prohormones are pretty much out of the picture for you due to detection times; test suspension you may be able to get away with, but if the tests are random, I would not risk it.

I am heavily interested in the ITPP compound. This seems like the type of substance that I may be interested in, however, due to it's experimental nature, it seems potentially dangerous, and moreso, expensive. I still haven't found any detection tables, nor half life data. Any info on ITPP, or other substances that fit the bill of my original criteria will help. Once again, I thank everyone contributing to this discussion, as it's a fairly non-discussed topic in the running community.

I don't know much about it and it is still too early to tell what the all of the consequences of this drug are, especially the long-term ones. In any case, I found this page to be a good starting point for further research.

Animal study: ITPP boosts effect of EPO

Here is one of the studies..

Enhanced exercise capacity in mice with severe heart failure treated with an allosteric effector of hemoglobin, myo-inositol trispyrophosphate

If you do pursue this route, and are able to even get your hands on some, I would make sure to check the banned substances list very often. This compound is considered new but it has been out for a few years and the anti-doping agencies have known about it for at least a couple of years now so it won't be long before it is banned too.

It can be tested for, I found this after the fact.

Finally ITPP can now be detected in Urine and Plasma samples - Perth Turf Talk

Ranger, it looks almost as if the detection time is limited to a .01-18hr limit on detection. If so, as the NCAA notifies it's athletes (at least in DII) 24hrs ahead of time, only trace elements could be found, and a test would always read negative. Does anyone know (not specifics) where ITPP can be found, and if so, is it at least semi-affordable?

Sources aren't allowed to be discussed on these forums, although an exception is made for the sponsor of the board, ARR.

Thread Information