boisebeast is offline Member

Do High Test Levels Correlate with Developed HPTA?

I was wondering if there is any correlation between high testosterone levels and the development of one's HPTA? Let's say I got a blood test and was placed on the high end of the overall testosterone level (I haven't done this, this is purely hypothetical). Obviously there are people who have low test with fully developed HPTA, test levels go down with age, and there are a number of other exceptions-- but if a healthy adult in their early/mid twenties was placed on the high end of the testosterone spectrum, would this be reason to believe their HPTA was nearing full development?

HPTA - Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis. During puberty the Pituitary receives signal to secrete LH - Leutenizing Hormone. The hypothalamus receive signal to secrete Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GRH). Effectively, the Testosterone level of a healthy teenager increases during puberty. Does this mean that the HPTA of a normal hormone raging teenager is fully mature? Not hardly. I think it many not be completely accurate to draw the correlation between high level and mature HPTA. I think high Test level signals a healthy HPTA.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    HPTA - Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Testicular Axis. During puberty the Pituitary receives signal to secrete LH - Leutenizing Hormone. The hypothalamus receive signal to secrete Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GRH). Effectively, the Testosterone level of a healthy teenager increases during puberty. Does this mean that the HPTA of a normal hormone raging teenager is fully mature? Not hardly. I think it many not be completely accurate to draw the correlation between high level and mature HPTA. I think high Test level signals a healthy HPTA.
    thank you for the reply! I'm curious if this is the general consensus among everyone

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    thank you for the reply! I'm curious if this is the general consensus among everyone
    This info is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by fit2bOld View Post
    This info is solid.
    Thank you!

carbo is offline Associate Member
    Take a teen male in early puberty, very high Test levels - yet still underdeveloped HPTA.

So you should not correlate the two.

Thread Information