Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jwez is offline New Member

Building muscles on low test ?

Hi guys, last month i felt depressed as hell, i've stopped lifting weights. I've noticed that my muscle mass decreased ( tremendously ) and gained a bit of fat ( roughly 3 % )
    last week i went to my GP and i've done a blood test. My test lvl is 11, 83 nmol/l ( the minimum is 9,7 ) i have low LH and FSH. My Doc doesn't want to put me into a therapy until my spermogram test's results. I wanna hit the gym back tommorow do you think it's still possible to build muscles ? Cheers

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Sure it's still possible if your nutrition is on point

carbo is offline Associate Member
    Did you cycle AAS before that depression started? What were your T levels before?

The good news is you still look semi-decent in your avi...

Not really AAS, i started prohormones. A lot of people take that stuff in my gym, i just got mislead. Every one came with the same things, it's safe if you supplement with milk thistle, if you take them for four weeks, no need for PCT, even the guy who soldt it to me ( supplement shop, said the same shit ). I done very well without prohormones but you know it's in the human nature to always want more and thought it was safe. My test level was alright i think, didn't do any test before but i know that cuz i used to have a boner everytime just by thinking about sex, now i have to focus and start wanking. I don't want use any kind of AAS, i was stupid, should've done some researches before even listening to people.

Thanks for the good news lol i feel pumped to lift again and diet correctly!

GGot FFina? is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwez View Post
    Not really AAS, i started prohormones. A lot of people take that stuff in my gym, i just got mislead. Every one came with the same things, it's safe if you supplement with milk thistle, if you take them for four weeks, no need for PCT, even the guy who soldt it to me ( supplement shop, said the same shit ). I done very well without prohormones but you know it's in the human nature to always want more and thought it was safe. My test level was alright i think, didn't do any test before but i know that cuz i used to have a boner everytime just by thinking about sex, now i have to focus and start wanking. I don't want use any kind of AAS, i was stupid, should've done some researches before even listening to people.

Thanks for the good news lol i feel pumped to lift again and diet correctly!
    I definitely would not jump on Test at the moment since we dont know if your natural T will bounce back on its own with PCT. If you stopped taking the prohormones, not too long ago, there is a huge chance you will bounce back, and without giving your body time and jumping on Test, you will continue to stay shut down.

Like others mentioned, jump on a nice PCT, then go back to doc, and see where you are now at. I think you should be fine and will go back to normal. Only problem i see, is that you dont know what your starting Test was, so we will not know what normal for you is.

Good luck dude!

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Did you ever run a pct?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

carbo is offline Associate Member
    So feasibly the prohormones are the culprit of your depression and low T levels. I would definitely share this information with your doc.

In terms of course of action, let's see what you come up with your doc. I'd personally strongly recommend to run a PCT or at least wait a couple of months before jumping on any TRT/HRT protocol. Assuming you are still quite young, there is a good chance your levels will improve with time.

Nope i didn't run a PCT, my endoctrinologist knows that i've been taking prohormones and he doesn't want me to take clomid nor tamoxifen , he's just waiting my spermogram's result to come out.
    I'm glad to hear that my levels will improve, i thought that i'll never make any gains naturally or get kids lol.
    Anyway is my actual test going to affect my gains, i mean what do i have to expect now ?

michael30 is offline Member
    Testosterone is not the only thing required to build muscle. So yes you can still build muscle with low t. Also working out and eating right will only help! Also im not sure how long ago you used prohormones. But you might want to consider running a pct even now. Ive read that it is successful for some. But i would do research first.

swolehead is offline Member
    excersizing and proper nutrition will promote testosterone production legs primarily being the largest muscle group

thewarrior8845 is offline Junior Member
    recovery time is different for everyone. wait 6 months after you stopped prohormones to see if your recovered. by that time you should feel back to normal. you'll be fine bro just give it time.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    for me, no test no gains.... but its up to you. freakin prohormones.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    for me, no test no gains.... but its up to you. freakin prohormones.
    Seems the same goes for me. But I will add trt did nothing really for mood/energy on a daily basis. I just recover better and quicker. I see a lot of people on here turning to trt for mental health issues, and then get upset when it doesn't do anything. If your shutdown from prior cycles that's one thing, but most won't notice a difference from a test level of 300 and 800 otner then in tne gym

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Definitely run a PCT before you jump on trt. Sounds like you could get that lh and fsh to come back up and give you some proper production.

As for the question, you can have good gains with Low T, I know because I did it. It is tougher than with High T, but I managed to get up to some fairly impressive numbers before I tested for low T. For me proper training and nutrition still went a long ways with the low T. And I found testosterone isn't just magic either, those two still are the most important thing.

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Definitely run a PCT before you jump on trt. Sounds like you could get that lh and fsh to come back up and give you some proper production.

As for the question, you can have good gains with Low T, I know because I did it. It is tougher than with High T, but I managed to get up to some fairly impressive numbers before I tested for low T. For me proper training and nutrition still went a long ways with the low T. And I found testosterone isn't just magic either, those two still are the most important thing.
    agree...tamoxifine...pct....give your test a boost, and knock back the estro...
    have you been bitchy as well? ( more than normal),
    low t is not fun....iwored out with it, never got stronger or any size...
    tested, 1.7...170 respectably....but energy was low....
    if you can increase your natural production, the sooner the better,
    you will feel better...

I have to thank all of you guys, love this forum and how helpful people are.
    Just finished with another blood test, my naturall testosteron is coming back, i feel great, good libido, the only probleme i have is maintaining a good erection. When i watch adults movies i feel horny and can please myself, but i'm still afraid of having fun with my girlfriend. My testicles are aching, i don't know if it's a good sign or not.
    My prolactine lvl is normal. I've done three blood test, and my test lvl went from 9,.. -> 11,8..-> 14,... My FSH, LH lvls still low though.
    My Diet is alright, i meet my macros every day, have 5 fruits a day ( Apple, bannana, pineapple, grapes and peach ) i supplement with wheatgrass juice and creatine. Have alson tons of healthy fat ( avocado, almonds, olive oil )
    My strenght isn't the same but i'm working really hard and went from 66,8 kg -> 67,1 in two weeks.

Concerning the erection, should i wait ? I'm a bit afraid of using v***gra cuz a member of my family passed away after using it.
    Will natural testosterone boosters help me ?
    I'll jump on a pct as soon as i get back from holidays. Ain't too late ?
    Cheers.

Thread Information