Rocky0019 is offline Junior Member

Kidney Damage? Just curious to know

I am just curious to know about kidney damage from steroids .
    Up to how much extent can our kidneys be damaged from a standard 12 week cycle of roughly 1000mg of steroids per week?
    and can this damage be reversed?
    what precautions can one take to keep this kidney damage minimum?
    Orals vs Injectables, What causes maximum kidney damage?
    and most imp... can this kidney damage from steroids reverse (regaining 100% kidney function or 100% healthy kidneys?)
    thankyou

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oral AAS are 50x harsher on your liver than injectables. Not an exact number.

NAC is very good
    TUDCA is very good
    Liv.52 is good
    Milk thistle is OK but weak.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 10-08-2014 at 02:41 AM.

But brother as far as I understand, Liver damage can be reversed as it is the only organ in our body that can actually regain its size even if cut in half.
    That`s why I am more concerned about kidneys
    please put some light on this topic
    thankyou

Ever hear of anyone dying from liver failure? It happens all the time. No it wont regain size if you cut it in half but you can function on 1/2 of a liver if it's healthy.

If you want specifics there are 10,000s of articles and medical journals out there. Just go to Google and type in liver failure. The articles about regrowth are pretty vague and if you read closely they are really talking about grafting on a new piece.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 10-08-2014 at 03:11 AM.

I have heard people dying from liver damage from alcohol. I have also seen people coming back alive from Death Beds of hospital(liver damage). They were asked by doctors to live healthy life for 6 months and they again started drinking alcohol after 6 months and there was no problem to them.
    But I never seen a person coming back from kidney damage when he is on dialysis. either kidney transplant or death(Our driver died yesterday from kidney failure).
    thats why I was asking about kidney damage friend.
    and I asked here because I tried to google this topic but I could not find any information about this.
    Last edited by Rocky0019; 10-08-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Maybe one of the medical pros on this site can chime in here and correct me or add to what I say but:

I believe most of the bodybuilders who had kidney failure were also using excessive doses of diuretics and other drugs for extended periods. That being said, I could see prolonged high blood pressure possibly causing kidney problems. And steroids can raise blood pressure. But also ace inhibitors have been linked to sudden renal failure and some steroid uses also use those to control blood pressure.

I think the key here is to have regular bloodwork done before, during and after any cycle.

thankyou for your reply bro
    but lets assume one gets a 20% decrease in kidney function after his cycle of steroids
    can this kidney function be cured to or regained to 100%?

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky0019 View Post
    thankyou for your reply bro
    but lets assume one gets a 20% decrease in kidney function after his cycle of steroids
    can this kidney function be cured to or regained to 100%?

I don't think you're going to see any decrease in kidney function from a cycle of steroid use (supposing you're not doing some crazy cycle with tons of different gears and high doses. And also supposing you're in good health with no underlying medical conditions).
    Last edited by Honkey_Kong; 10-08-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: umm yeah

How did I get off onto liver???? I must be tired. LOL

Ok yeah kidney failure is typically BAD all the way around. I have no idea if it can come back from 20% or any other. I would imagine it all depends on what was wrong and how it was fixed.

okay.. Thankyou brothers

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky0019 View Post
    I am just curious to know about kidney damage from steroids .
    Up to how much extent can our kidneys be damaged from a standard 12 week cycle of roughly 1000mg of steroids per week?
    and can this damage be reversed?
    what precautions can one take to keep this kidney damage minimum?
    Orals vs Injectables, What causes maximum kidney damage?
    and most imp... can this kidney damage from steroids reverse (regaining 100% kidney function or 100% healthy kidneys?)
    thankyou
    toomany variables.. but orals are worse. teste and maste would be pretty mild IMO ( if you dont have hair loss issues) ortherwaise just go with test only cycle + AI + PCT and your gtg

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The only thing I'm sure of on this subject is that hypertension destroys your kidneys, and AAS can cause hypertension. So keep your BP under control and you should be fine. Some say Tren is harsh on renal function, but I haven't seen any evidence or studies proving it.

And HonkeyKong: ACE inhibitors are renal protective in those with adequate kidney function. They are only shown to be dangerous to those with kidneys that are already failing.

Thread Information