Thread: Acne

wood is offline Associate Member

Acne

This acne is killing me. The problem or questions is I'm breaking out on my arms and have never done this. I usually break out on my back but none there, just on my forearms. Does anyone know of anything to take or rub on that might help? I have the oxy pads but they don't seem to work. The acne is sucks b/c people at the gym are starting to stare at it, especially the ladies and acne is not exactly a turn on for them.

chevy44 is offline Member
    u could try some retin-a! u need a scrip to get it but it really works

TiptronicSoldier is offline Associate Member
    I used to have an acne problem in high school, tanning saved me from the stuff. Stand up bed. It dried my skin up, but the acne on my face went away. I still have some on my back but it fluctuates from bad to nothing depending on how soon i was my back after working out, etc.

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    http://gmuntz.tripod.com/b5.html

Refer to that link.
    I don't normally get very many pimples, but come the 8th-9th week of my cycle, holy crap! My back and shoulders got full of them. I started taking B-5 at about 8 grams a day (that's 8,000mg) and they have started clearing up within 5 days. Seems to be quite the miracle for some people, give it a try.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I would do everything the guys above suggest and get a tanning package Today.
    I haven't been tanning much on this cycle I just got done with and my face has broken out something terrible.
    Feels like i'm back in 7th grade again lol

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, i found retin-a worked the best for me.

OG

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by BimBamBoom
    http://gmuntz.tripod.com/b5.html

Refer to that link.
    I don't normally get very many pimples, but come the 8th-9th week of my cycle, holy crap! My back and shoulders got full of them. I started taking B-5 at about 8 grams a day (that's 8,000mg) and they have started clearing up within 5 days. Seems to be quite the miracle for some people, give it a try.
    B-5 works great.... also before you leave the gym wash the sweat off.

wood is offline Associate Member
    Thanks I'll probably get the retina-a since my mother works for a facial plastic surgeon and they get free samples of that all the time.

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    A simple fix for me when a few zits show up is to wipe the area down a few times a day with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. For me it dries the skin up and they go away usually within a day or two. I have taken accutane many years ago, and haven't had any problems since then other than a stray zit here and there. I don't know if that had anything to do with the alcohol working for me, just thought I would throw it out there. It's a quick-fix for me.

-moto

btrain is offline Junior Member
    I have acne on my back real bad and I hate it b/c even when im off AS people think im on them b/c of my acne. When im on them I get them on the insides of my biceps pretty bad.

tony_canuck is offline Junior Member
    i do occasionally get acne, and for that I take a VERY small amount of accutane...

for those with occasionaly acne, I find that 20mg every 4th day will clear it up after only a couple of weeks, and not affect liver functions

seven_five is offline New Member
    I don't have gear yet but I've had back acne for the last 10 years. I've tried presciption drugs, special soaps, etc but so far the best solution for me has been shower at least 2 times/day, always shower immediatly after working out, and always wear a clean, sweat free, shirt. Sometimes I'll even put on a clean shirt halfway through a workout. The acne is not gone, but it is only 20% of what it could be. Some people also say when drying off, "blot" the towel don't wipe. So I do that too, but I can't tell if it helps.

later,

seven_five
    Cycle? - Just liftin' and learnin' for now.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    I find that washing my face twice a week works best for me. Since my skin is usually oily-free, washing my face everyday only dries it out more setting off the oil glands to produce more oil resulting in more breakouts.

Go to a dermalogist and get some acne medications. Natural remedies (washing, B-5, OTC creams) are often not enough to clear up persistent acne. The problem could be deeper below the surface.

~US~

Thread Information