Thread: Shorter pin?

Silverback64 is offline New Member

Shorter pin?

Hey guys, this is more for the experienced guys. I'm on my first cycle, have done two inj so far. I've been doing delts with a 25g 1inch pin. Talking to a gym buddy and he was saying it's ok to use a 5/8pin for delts. Anyone ever done this? Or safer to just stick with the 1"?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    You could I always use 1 inch for delts though

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    I use 5/8 for most everything. Maybe it's because I ordered like 500 at once. lol

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Comes down to bf. I like the 1" pins because I can use them on a bulk, cut, and trt. If you are in a higher bf why take the chance that it isn't going in far enough.....

Silverback64 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown
    Comes down to bf. I like the 1" pins because I can use them on a bulk, cut, and trt. If you are in a higher bf why take the chance that it isn't going in far enough.....
    body fat is in the low to mid teens. So I guess I probably could. Just curious,I won't be using any 5/8 this cycle as I bought all I needed in one inch.aybe next time.

XxAndreaxX is offline Senior Member
    I only use 5/8 29G 1ml pins for every muscle. I don’t get why doctor use only the green 18G cannon even on skinny people or kids. Its normal that people develop Phobia to injections (and obviously scartissue).
    In delts, even for fat pigs, 5/8 should be G2G. in glutes, I’d pin only under 12%BF

Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX
    I only use 5/8 29G 1ml pins for every muscle. I don't get why doctor use only the green 18G cannon even on skinny people or kids. Its normal that people develop Phobia to injections (and obviously scartissue). In delts, even for fat pigs, 5/8 should be G2G. in glutes, I'd pin only under 12%BF
    most dr's use a 21 I wouldn't ever go back to a dr using an 18. They use a bigger gauge cause they are lazy and pin to fast

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    I was thinking about using a slin pin for my next cycle. 29G, 1/2 inch. But my bf% is at 7% too.. So that's why I can pull that one off.

Quote Originally Posted by tice1212
    I was thinking about using a slin pin for my next cycle. 29G, 1/2 inch. But my bf% is at 7% too.. So that's why I can pull that one off.
    I use slin pins often for quad injects. The only downfall is item need to be smaller volume injects. 1cc or less

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post

I use slin pins often for quad injects. The only downfall is item need to be smaller volume injects. 1cc or less
    Yeah bro I was going to do test p and tren a at 42cc each everyday. How're the pips?

pitweiler is offline Member
    I like using the 1". If you feel like your going to deep, just hold it back a little. I don't like to bottom them out, just as a precaution.

Quote Originally Posted by tice1212
    Yeah bro I was going to do test p and tren a at 42cc each everyday. How're the pips?
    just depends on the gear you are running with cyp almost no pip at all. Last time I ran mast prop there was a little pip but not bad at all. Pip also has a lot to do with the volume of the inject and the needle used. I never pin more than 1 cc in the quad and use 27 gauge pin. It's very tolerable

I have a mate, he’s a big poork powerlifter, he pins with 18G monster cannon in his delts. OOOOUCHHH

Kazumz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverback64 View Post
    Hey guys, this is more for the experienced guys. I'm on my first cycle, have done two inj so far. I've been doing delts with a 25g 1inch pin. Talking to a gym buddy and he was saying it's ok to use a 5/8pin for delts. Anyone ever done this? Or safer to just stick with the 1"?
    I use a slin' pin for my legs, you can feel exactly when you hit muscle especially if you're consistently using that site.

I've not had a problem with it. However, you must be very careful not to bend the needle, it's very thin and if you snap if off in there then it's going to be difficult explaining to the doctor why you've got a needle stuck in your leg.

Lots of people advise against this, but it works for me and doesn't give me any pain afterwards.

Obviously use the correct tools for the job, but I've not had time recently to get longer needles so I'm just making do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazumz View Post
    I use a slin' pin for my legs, you can feel exactly when you hit muscle especially if you're consistently using that site.

I've not had a problem with it. However, you must be very careful not to bend the needle, it's very thin and if you snap if off in there then it's going to be difficult explaining to the doctor why you've got a needle stuck in your leg.

Lots of people advise against this, but it works for me and doesn't give me any pain afterwards.

Obviously use the correct tools for the job, but I've not had time recently to get longer needles so I'm just making do.
    Hahaha I never bend the 27G pin, but I always bend the 29G pin, although it should not break. Be careful in your leg, its full of veins, i think its even easier to nick a vein than to hit muscle only. Best way that works for me to pin my leg, is to use a good light that shows the major net of veins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazumz

Bend the needle? What are you doing with it to bend it. Even if it did break in there it would work its way back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Bend the needle? What are you doing with it to bend it. Even if it did break in there it would work its way back out.
    a 5/8 29G needle bends everytime mainly in glutes. I think its because when you self pin, you can't really relax muscle, when it comes to a difficult place like glutes or lats or even delts. the only muscle I can relax easily is quads.

Kazumz is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XxAndreaxX View Post
    Hahaha I never bend the 27G pin, but I always bend the 29G pin, although it should not break. Be careful in your leg, its full of veins, i think its even easier to nick a vein than to hit muscle only. Best way that works for me to pin my leg, is to use a good light that shows the major net of veins.
    I've gone through a vein before, can be quite painful. Yeah I do the same, throw the light on and you can see mostly everything. I'm not cut either but I don't really have much fat at all on my legs, there's little to no fat to grab. Spose' I'm quite lucky in that respect.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    doesnt make much diff.. use 1" but leave a 1/8th out or just a lil.. is good to do that anyway IMO

Thread Information