Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By naxxy
  • 2 Post By jdc91gt
  • 1 Post By Chicagotarsier

Thread: Training hard and considering trying gear.

treant is offline Junior Member

Training hard and considering trying gear.

Hey, I'm new here. Over 30 years of age and have been training off and on for years. More seriously in like 6 months. Making decent gains. 5'10 205 lbs.. Got a bit of fat.. but not too too much.. anyways..

I was thinking of trying a cycle. I've heard a lot of things like "whatever you gain on a cycle you cant keep, so you have to stay on" and "you shouldn't do a Dbol only cycle" so basically my first question is, if I were to do a cycle for maybe 8 or 12 weeks, is it realistic to be able to come off again and keep any sizable amount of gains?

Thanks for your time, hope to get some replies.

naxxy is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by treant View Post
    Hey, I'm new here. Over 30 years of age and have been training off and on for years. More seriously in like 6 months. Making decent gains. 5'10 205 lbs.. Got a bit of fat.. but not too too much.. anyways..

I was thinking of trying a cycle. I've heard a lot of things like "whatever you gain on a cycle you cant keep, so you have to stay on" and "you shouldn't do a Dbol only cycle" so basically my first question is, if I were to do a cycle for maybe 8 or 12 weeks, is it realistic to be able to come off again and keep any sizable amount of gains?

Thanks for your time, hope to get some replies.
    Hi mate. Firstly there are a lot of stickys on this forum, i suggest you read them to gain some knowledge of hormone pharmaceuticals before you decide to take anything. Your body is a shrine, and by taking pharmaceuticals like these without basic knowledge you can really damage yourself long-term.

You can really **** yourself up if you do something stupid or wrong on cycle. As such, there is no "trying" a cycle, either fully commit, gain the knowledge and understanding on what compounds do, how much to take, signs to look out for, how to combat things, etc - or don't "try" it at all and train naturally.

The basics I can tell you is have a testosterone base in your cycle - for a first cycle the enanthate ester is fine for a once every 5 day injection. You'll likely want to kickstart your cycle with anadrol or dianabol for strength and size gains whilst the test is rising; and you'll want to keep your hand on some arimidex or any AI to lower your estrogen so that you avoid gyno and maximise your gains.

Even with doing all the precautions, you'll NEVER keep 100% of your gains from a cycle. Coming off properly you will try to retain as much as possible, however there is never a 100% chance of keeping it all. Dont have super high expectations.

"Steroids " aren't a miracle drug. They help you put on size, and help with recovery. They can **** you up if you mess up injections, doses or compounds. They still require you to put in a shit-tonne of effort to make gains, there is no "sitting on your ass" to make gains.

Hope I gave you some good insight. Now go read those stickys =-]
    blakegains likes this.

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    naxxy ^^^ has some good points, but I would stick to a test only cycle. Read the stickies. They have advice on how to build first cycle, including AI's and PCT and why to use hCG . However, note that diet and nutrition are an absolute to know prior to starting any cycle. Further, plan on getting pre-cycle blood work, mid-cycle and post PCT blood work, if you're going to do it right. Aside - take dbol only and you'll swell up and then shrink back down, plus suppress your natural test mildly to moderately. Educate before you medicate.
    naxxy and blakegains like this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    As to the actual question.....

You can keep any gains up to your genetic potential.

That said here is the "thing" that no one talks about. In general the most awesome thing about running a higher level of testosterone is nitrogen balance. You notice those mornings when you wake up and your muscles are super full and pumped and you look GOOD? Every day is like that and you get used to it...you feel like you deserve that and it is something you can have 24/7. Once off cycle you lose a great deal of that nitrogen balance in the muscles and you dont look "as good" as on cycle. It is addicting if you care that much about looks. Strength..no problem to keep. Muscle mass...diet right and lift no problem to keep. Nitrogen balance will not be the same.

A lot of good information on stickies here about the details but that is the part that is not talked about much.

Before you even consider taking AAs go get your full bloodwork package done so you have a baseline of current levels. This will be used in all your cycle analysis and to me is the most important thing you can do to remove truth from BS. Just because someone parrots something on the internet does not mean it is true no matter how smart they try to come off as. Bloodwork is irrefutable numbers that help you diagnose issues and progress. Many are too cool for blookwork. Do not be too cool for school!
    blakegains likes this.

Okay, I will read more of the stickies and if I have any more questions I'll post 'em. Thanks a lot, chicagotarsier, jdc, and naxxy.
    Last edited by treant; 01-13-2015 at 01:52 PM.

jdc91gt is offline Senior Member
    Chicagotarsier ^^^ Excellent post. Way better said than as I stated.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    As to the actual question.....

You can keep any gains up to your genetic potential.

That said here is the "thing" that no one talks about. In general the most awesome thing about running a higher level of testosterone is nitrogen balance. You notice those mornings when you wake up and your muscles are super full and pumped and you look GOOD? Every day is like that and you get used to it...you feel like you deserve that and it is something you can have 24/7. Once off cycle you lose a great deal of that nitrogen balance in the muscles and you dont look "as good" as on cycle. It is addicting if you care that much about looks. Strength..no problem to keep. Muscle mass...diet right and lift no problem to keep. Nitrogen balance will not be the same.

A lot of good information on stickies here about the details but that is the part that is not talked about much.

Before you even consider taking AAs go get your full bloodwork package done so you have a baseline of current levels. This will be used in all your cycle analysis and to me is the most important thing you can do to remove truth from BS. Just because someone parrots something on the internet does not mean it is true no matter how smart they try to come off as. Bloodwork is irrefutable numbers that help you diagnose issues and progress. Many are too cool for blookwork. Do not be too cool for school!
    Please post up a link regarding 'nitrogen balance on and off cycle' when you get a chance. Would like to read up on it.

clarky. is offline MONITOR

Yeah I read all that.. got a new plan now

Thread Information