djgreen is offline Senior Member

Are steroids right for me?

I understand that it is important to build muscle before starting steroids so a solid foundation is formed but how much muscle? because if im already ripped I there is no need to take roids I don't compete in anything right now so when is a good start point my body should be in before starting a cycle. Also I have a high body fat % however it is dropping by the day how much body fat is acceptable before starting a cycle? Should I just Stay natural? im not looking for pixy dust to solve my problems I just want enhancement but not if my body is not ready for it.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Around 15% bf is a good starting point. Whatever you gain naturally you will keep and that is the key. If you are making gains naturally then just stay on that path until the well runs dry.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Most people would suggest having 15%bf or less before starting a cycle to help avoid gyno and other problems. No you do not have to have a lot of muscles to start, but if you have not figured out how to properly eat, work out, and put on muscles, steroids will not help much. You will put on about 25 pounds of fat and water weight and then lose about 24 pounds when you stop. The most important aspect in my opinion is to become well acquainted with your body and how it responds to lifting, eating and putting on mass. Once you have these things dialed in appropriately you will have a better understanding of what the steroids are doing for you once you start and when you come off. If you are asking us what you should do, I would certainly suggest getting into a healthy lifestyle and making it part of your daily routine. If it is something you enjoy and take seriously there is a much better chance of getting something out of steroids in the future. If it is just a passing thing, then staying natty is definitely the way to go. Good luck!

how much muscle can you expect to keep on a test cycle if all the pct is done right?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    That is a good question and unfortunately I am not the right person to answer. I think you will get mixed responses from various people as well. I think what someone does after a cycle is equally important as well, with regards to eating and working out. I have personally put on about 70 lbs of muscle over the course of about 25 years, doing it more as a hobby than a dedicated lifestyle. Some people have probably done much more in less than half the time doing it properly. Like I said, I am sure you will hear from more dedicated members that can offer more detailed explanations. But since I wrote previously at least wanted to tell you about my personal experience with steroids .

what about low doses like 50 100mg of test e every week would that be a waste?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by djgreen
    what about low doses like 50 100mg of test e every week would that be a waste?
    the only time running a dose like that would be a good thing is if it is medically needed. More than likely at your age you are already producing more than that and if you run it then you would ultimately be running lower than you are now

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    IMO itd be a waste for the reasons Bio stated! But w/your age take advantage of your natty Test levels now while their peaking!

And before you were to start anything Blood Work is key... As it'll tell you your baselines b4 ever using that way if you do decide to do a cycle you get mid cycle bloods to see how well your controlling your E2, and sbout 6 wks after PCT to see if you've recovered fully of not(both Pituitarily and testicularly)...

This is why BW is so important! GL OP!
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-16-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    how much muscle can you expect to keep on a test cycle if all the pct is done right?
    This isn't written in stone and there are many variables but you can think of it like this: if you gain 15 lbs on cycle then 33% will be muscle, 33% fat, and 33% water.

so if a person were to take 3 to 4 months of test e alone and taper off with PCT would that person keep noticeable gains or will 100% muscle go away during the period it takes for natural levels resume.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    so if a person were to take 3 to 4 months of test e alone and taper off with PCT would that person keep noticeable gains or will 100% muscle go away during the period it takes for natural levels resume.
    It all boils down to your diet and training program post cycle, as it differs then when being on(intensity wise, overall performance in general)... Have a read by Marcus' " How to Keep Gains For The Moderate User!"

ok cool I appreciate everyone's advice, also what about andro gel could I use this to maybe boost my natural levels and would it be powerful enough to drop your T levels wen you stop using it

Motardpdx is offline Associate Member

I probley wouldn't take orals I was referring to anrogel it is I believe 3% test in a gel form you rub it on your shoulders and is absorbed that way

Thread Information