If this is not the correct forum for this, I apologize. Please please let me know if it isn't.

I'm retired military. I'm sure I can't be the only one, so looking for some direction with the Veteran's Administration. I've learned recently that the VA will cover TRT.

Has anyone here used the VA for TRT? If so, at what age did you start and how did you go about it? The VA can be a complete pain in the ass to deal with. You cannot just go in and ask for TRT. You can go in and give them a list of symptoms and cross your finger they come up with the right diagnosis (GOOD LUCK!).

My thought was to go to a private TRT clinic, get diagnosed, then take said records to my primary care VA doc and have them prescribe the TRT.

Final question... those that are on TRT (specifically anyone on TRT through the VA), are you on shots or a gel or patch? I've read some posts on VA forums where they will cover the gel and/or patch... but I have a daughter and a much younger girlfriend in my home so I'm a bit nervous about the gel/patch. I'd much rather have the shot if possible.

Thanks!