Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,355

    Hcg through cycle and desentising concerns

    I have read a lot of articles concerning the use of hcg through cycle rather than before pct,my main concern though is desensitising the leydig cells due to prolonged use,any info on that?

  2. #2
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    What prolonged use? Are you planning on staying on longer than 90 days? Actually there are a lot of people that use it year round with TRT, low dose of course but about the same as people who cycle. I believe the studies that showed desensitising the leydig cells were doses over 500iu. The same studies showed 250 iu EOD had no desensitising the leydig cells.

  3. #3
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    What prolonged use? Are you planning on staying on longer than 90 days? Actually there are a lot of people that use it year round with TRT, low dose of course but about the same as people who cycle. I believe the studies that showed desensitising the leydig cells were doses over 500iu. The same studies showed 250 iu EOD had no desensitising the leydig cells.
    Prolonged use for me meaning 10 weeks and plus

  4. #4
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is online now The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,799
    I keep it very minimal these days, once ew , 250iu's on friday.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,934
    You'll have no issues on normal doses. Think about it, TRT-ers are on this forever without issues.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,315
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel
    You'll have no issues on normal doses. Think about it, TRT-ers are on this forever without issues.
    follow this advice. The risk of desensitation is caused by over stimulating the testies with higher doses of hcg or from lack of stimulation going for long periods of time on cycle with no use of hcg

  7. #7
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,355
    But trt users dont even have to bother about their natural hormone production,right?

  8. #8
    marcus300's Avatar
    marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    40,922
    At 250ius twice a week it won't effect in a negative way. It's the super high dosages what are used for prolong use what can.

  9. #9
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    Quote Originally Posted by fitguy View Post
    But trt users dont even have to bother about their natural hormone production,right?
    Correct but the hcg helps keep everything working, thinking it is producing test because lets face it, one thing will effect 10 others. You dont want to just turn off your test production and think adding synthetic test will make everything like it was before. The body is complicated and we are still learning how it works and how one thing effects another.

    It wasnt long ago we didnt think men needed estrogen at all but have learned that's not even close to the truth. Unfortunately most doctors are still living in the dark ages about that.

    Even though you are not producing test you want to keep eveything working so it will restart quicker and easier. Using to much HCG will over stimulate things and could cause a problem but using more short term seems to be OK, a lot of people use HIGH (5000iu a week or more) doses short term for fertility and I think all studies have shown low dose has no negative effects even long term.

  10. #10
    fitguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,355
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Correct but the hcg helps keep everything working, thinking it is producing test because lets face it, one thing will effect 10 others. You dont want to just turn off your test production and think adding synthetic test will make everything like it was before. The body is complicated and we are still learning how it works and how one thing effects another.

    It wasnt long ago we didnt think men needed estrogen at all but have learned that's not even close to the truth. Unfortunately most doctors are still living in the dark ages about that.

    Even though you are not producing test you want to keep eveything working so it will restart quicker and easier. Using to much HCG will over stimulate things and could cause a problem but using more short term seems to be OK, a lot of people use HIGH (5000iu a week or more) doses short term for fertility and I think all studies have shown low dose has no negative effects even long term.
    So will 250 once per week be enough or should i go for 500 iu per week

  11. #11
    Bio-Active's Avatar
    Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    L.A
    Posts
    24,315
    Quote Originally Posted by fitguy
    So will 250 once per week be enough or should i go for 500 iu per week
    run it at 250 iu 2 x ew

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •