Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: steroid questions -> Psychological changes

GokuBrah is offline New Member

steroid questions -> Psychological changes

I Wanna start my first cycle eventually.

But I have 2 questions for you guys,

First off : If I only want to cycle 3-4 months and never touch steroids again, will I be able to go back to my old me without being depressed after having experienced anabolic steroids in my body ?

Second : will steroids affect your mind? your mood? depression? Happiness? Any of you guys experienced a better version of yourself mentally ?

Thanks !
    Last edited by GokuBrah; 04-17-2015 at 11:27 PM.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    I think this is an individual thing and maybe its different with certain compounds i have not used (Tren )
    But for Test only, I feel no different on or off other than the strength/endurance and more confidence in the gym with my lifts.

Looking better does translate into more personal confidence for me however.

I have friends who describe feeling like a god when on, yada yada, but this is their personality amplified.
    The same people I know who say things like this also describe how much better they feel and stronger they feel after 1-2 shots of Test Cyp, which is completely laughable and 100% placebo.

I would say if you have normal test levels and you suffer from depression, mental disorders or anxiety, do not touch the sauce.
    If you are a calm level headed person who is ready then go for it, but I will tell you this. you will not just do 1 cycle and be done, no one does.

Whats your stats?

Age/Lifting Experience?

SOL!D5NAK3 is offline Associate Member
    i think it is very hard to use steroids once, the feeling of fullness all the time and being strong and confident is not something you can let go of at least for weaklings like me lol!

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Sounds like you need to talk to someone and not AAS. Why do you want to use steroids ??

Flacco is offline Member
    Yeah I agree with previous comments. A lot of juice heads start by saying they only want to do one cycle. Myself included. It can be addicting. I agree the depression etc is case by case. A lot of guys take a few shots a test and become egotistical douchbags. A lot don't. As for myself, if I cycle safely with on cycle support like an ai and hcg , and then do a proper pct, I recover well and don't notice any depression. If I cycle without hcg and don't pct, I've gotten very depressed in the past. Most people who I know that fall into depression after cycling either have preexisting problem/conditions, or are not cycling properly.

dep30 is offline Associate Member
    "im only gonna do one cycle" said everyone whos now planning their 5th or 6th cycle.
    Last edited by dep30; 04-18-2015 at 07:17 AM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dep30 View Post
    "in only gonna do one cycle" said everyone whos now planning their 5th or 6th cycle.
    I agree that if your PCT is not on par(or have bunk SERMs) recovery will be very bad(however if done properly it's not bad at all - unless you have low t than it can suck pretty badly... It has much to do w/your current attitude and how you are(personality wise) and how you can become... Me personally I feel normal(more confident of course)... Maybe this isn't for you?!

They're like lays potato chips(example ) can't just have/do one! I tried saying that as well and I feel I'm just now scratching the surface!
    Last edited by NACH3; 04-18-2015 at 06:51 AM.
    Oki-Des likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post

I would say if you have normal test levels and you suffer from depression, mental disorders or anxiety, do not touch the sauce.
    If you are a calm level headed person who is ready then go for it, but I will tell you this. you will not just do 1 cycle and be done, no one does.

Whats your stats?

Age/Lifting Experience?
    5'9, 25 years old, 195 lbs about 18% bodyfat, not wanna e-brag, but i look pretty decent and full. I've been lifting for 5 years now. I do have some kind of anxiety disorder and that's why i'm asking about psychological changes

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Sounds like you need to talk to someone and not AAS. Why do you want to use steroids ??
    I always wanted to look 'very' big and experience this feeling of power... I'm gonna die one day so why not see where my body can go before it perish

deuz88 is offline New Member
    It is highly individual on how people react to steroids .
    There are alot of diffrent types of steroids and each can have a diffrent impact on you.

Myself i took 500mg of testosterone ethanate "slow acting testo" a week and had a at best some extra energy through out the day.
    When i got off i had slightly less energy after about 14 weeks after the cycle and it lasted for around 3 weeks.
    My cycle lasted 16 weeks.

I also tried 600mg og testosterone propionate a week "fast acting testo" for 12 weeks. I had a more intesne energy increase but, also a bigger decrease when i stopped taking it i think my body & mood fully recovered after 6 weeks from the last injection.

Then again my friend took 250mg a week and he went full gorilla mode with increased aggressiveness and emotional instabilities so it's highly individual i belive.

Then you adjust your dosage depending om how you feel mentally and behavioral feedback from friends.

Also long acting steroids seems to go out of your body more slowly so it doesn't seem to give you as big of a crash when you go off.

Readjust your dosage every 2 weeks until you figure out at what works for you.
    If you are worried about feeling shit when you go off just take 200mg on the last two weeks so you can get a smoother landing.

Also having anti-estrogen/clomid will help you when you go off.

I'm still very new to the world of steroids so it is propably better to ask someone more experienced than me but, what i said here is atleast what my experience is so far.

Steroids aren't permanent gains so you should expect to lose atleast half of your gains when you go off for an extended period of time.

Also keep in mind most people won't just do 1 cycle and stop because lets be honest once you have gotten used to be bigger/stronger/faster and you will feel very stimulated mentally from the roids.
    So as i said earlier most people don't just do 1 cycle and stop.

I hope this reply will help you out and good luck on your grand steroid adventure

Quote Originally Posted by deuz88 View Post
    I hope this reply will help you out and good luck on your grand steroid adventure

Thanks a lot for the reply man, it's well written and very informative =)

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Well written deuz88!!

Also make sure you pull BW to find out what's going on internally(not just by feel)... It's the internal damage that we can not see nor feel(however w/time you will start to notice sides more efficiently)...

Get your pre cycle BW do you can compare it to your mid cycle(E2 CBC CMP ETC) then post PCT(8 wks after PCT ceases)... This will tell you if and when you've fully recovered back to normal levels...

GL

Thread Information