Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davesah1

Thread: Cutting cycles?? Is it BS?

rando1648 is offline New Member

Cutting cycles?? Is it BS?

I been looking at cutting and shredding cycles. From what I have read in the past gear doesn't make you lose fat, it may or may not help you keep muscle mass while cutting. So is a cutting cycle just a waste of money? Wouldn't it be better to bulk on a cycle?

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Personally I think they are somewhat of a waste efficiency wise. But you won't be a top bodybuilder without them. That being said most of the guys here aren't after that. I might consider a mild cycle after you have lost the majority of the weight if you are after a certain temporary look.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    In my humble opinion, yes, it makes much more sense to me to put on as much LBM as possible while your Test levels are abnormally high. However, many find it difficult to hold onto LBM while trying to lose fat on a calorie deficit and doing cardio. So....no, they're not bullshit. This is very individualistic, and there is no right or wrong answer.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Your diet dictates everything. If your eating more than your body needs you will gain. If your eating less then it needs you will loose. Or if your that lucky cvnt you can loose fat and gain muscle at the same time. compounds do have diffrent purposes. I want to try mast but i cant be bothered going sub 10 to make it worth wild.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    If your never going to compete you should cut until your at your ideal bf then just clean bulk till you die. Im in the low teens and im happy with that. I can maintain it with no cardio and eat what i like. Muscle is precious do what you can to preserve her.

If thats the case why not do a bulking cycle of test C 500mg a week and eq 600mg a week for 2-3 months. Then continue the cycle for 1-2 months while cutting?

Krb367 is offline Associate Member
    I feel like you answered your own question..

Looks like I know my next cycle.

Cheers

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rando1648
    If thats the case why not do a bulking cycle of test C 500mg a week and eq 600mg a week for 2-3 months. Then continue the cycle for 1-2 months while cutting?
    I would not recommend staying on cycle for 5 months (for reasons that have been mentioned here too many times to count).

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Not sure what condition you are in either. You might be better served with 2 months of diet naturally as a prime for the cycle, then run the 3 month cycle. But I couldn't give that recommendation without more information.

davesah1 is offline Member
    unless you got some solid mass, I agree going into a cycle from start to end on a caloric deficit seems wasteful.
    I would rather opt for 16-20 weeks and bulk up properly and then slim down half way or so, using fast acting esters to begin gaining ASAP then start a strict cut maybe with clen towards the latter half of the cycle if you can handle that stuff. Good luck keeping the look through PCT though bro.

Obviously, begin priming (pimping the diet and training) a few months before hand and do all you can to expedite the process and then stick with it throughout and beyond.
    Last edited by davesah1; 07-17-2015 at 06:50 AM.
    NACH3 likes this.

Thread Information