Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brett N

Thread: Chantix + steroids

papathesmurf is offline Junior Member

Chantix + steroids

Greetings,

A short while ago I posted questions in regards to my first cycle. After a review of the responses that where provided to me I decided to hold off until I had everything I would need for my first cycle and now I can say I finally have everything that I will need. How exciting! Sense then I decided to start using Chantix to aid in my quest to quit a habit I picked up 5 years ago in Afghanistan... smoking.... Most people who know that I smoke in real life are shocked by this because I can still run pretty well and am pretty strict with my diet. I was wondering if running a product like chantix while on cycle could have any serious adverse effects? Has anyone done this before?

Thank you all!

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Whats your cycle going to be?

Test C- 500MG a week
    Arimidex .25MG ED

PCT Novadex
    wk 1 nothing
    Wk 2 40MG ED
    Wk 3 40MG ED
    Wk 4 20MG Ed

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I would concentrate on kicking the smoking habit first. I used chantix also along with the patch. I only used chantix for 30 days but I would say after 60 you should be done with it.

Is there a problem putting off your cycle for 60 days? Chantix itself will give you some sides. You may get night terrors, guaranteed you will have very lucid dreams. It can also give you a racing heartbeat. I wouldn't complicate the whole thing with trying to do it on cycle.

What's all your stats? Height, weight, training history...etc. I know I am just assuming here but if you are still smoking I wouldn't think you have been training serious for very long. A cycle won't take the place of proper technique and nutrition.

yardbirdaj is offline Junior Member
    I would add clomid. At the minimum pct should be nolva/clomid
    Dosed at nolva 40/20/20/20. Clomid 75/50/50/50

Probably would be beneficial to quit the smoking/nicotine first but your cycle is nice and simple, im sure you would be fine

Make sure you use clomid and nolvadex for your PCT

It would be good to post your full stats , didt and history as mentioned above

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett N
    Personally, I would concentrate on kicking the smoking habit first. I used chantix also along with the patch. I only used chantix for 30 days but I would say after 60 you should be done with it. Is there a problem putting off your cycle for 60 days? Chantix itself will give you some sides. You may get night terrors, guaranteed you will have very lucid dreams. It can also give you a racing heartbeat. I wouldn't complicate the whole thing with trying .
    ^^^x2 not to mention suicidal thoughts from chantix. Save yourself the trouble and quit cold turkey. It sucks and it's hell but I did it 4 years ago and couldn't be happier. I was also a 3 pack a day smoker.

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 173 (I'm trying to bulk even though I have been stuck at the same weight for years)
    Training exp: around 10 years cross fit recently started to get swoll
    Bodyfat: I got shocked in April along with a skin fold and came out at 6.5% on the electric thing and 7% on the skin fold though I weighed 165 lbs at the time.
    Goal: 175LBS at 7% I was going to compete at two NPC shows next year in mens physique but as of today I might give the "classic" class a try.
    Diet: pretty much all rice and chicken. I used to eat a lot of sweet potatoes and cod but I'm trying to bulk right now and a 20 LB bag of rice is around 6 dollars at sams club. The good part about smoking is I am hardly ever hungry.
    Running: Last time I tried I ran 2 a two mile race in 12:06 but thought I was going to die afterwards. I had one goal and it was to beat a friend but afterwords I could barely breathe and I was shaking... I've done HIIT since then because I have no issues sprinting its the long distance stuff that makes me feel horrible.

Edit: 60 days might be barley to long because I would like to compete in a NPC show in the spring and would like to have my second cycle lead up to the show.

60 days would be on the long side. Like I said, I quit the chantix after 30. Once you get past the first couple weeks it is just about not resorting back to crappy habits. Obviously you have the willpower with diet and training so that should work well with the smoking. Its not easy by any means.

I know for me, when I quit smoking I developed eating habits that were not so good. Just trying to keep busy. Training would be a great vice for that.

All that being said, I would quit first. As soon as you feel you are slightly over the hump of quitting the smokes, just quit taking the Chantix. Sad thing about cigs, it can take a long time to completely break the mental habit. I have quit for 8 years or so and it wasn't too long ago I smashed the crap out of my hand working on a car and I still reached for my smokes in my shirt pocket. I had a laugh but still, the habit is there.

Good luck man, you can do it. Just set your mind and tell yourself you arent a smoker. You will start to believe it, then it will become true.
    papathesmurf likes this.

If its more habbit than addiction why not try vaping? Its enjoyable and can get nicotine free juices

You mention your weight has been stuck for years, whats your eating been like? I know many smokers who substitute food with cigarettes? Could be your problem?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Of the American BBs I know all but 2 smoke. It is how they cope with low food intake. BBs is a non cardio sport. Smoking is not hurtful as it would be to sports that require lung activity.

Not saying it is healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N View Post
    Personally, I would concentrate on kicking the smoking habit first. I used chantix also along with the patch. I only used chantix for 30 days but I would say after 60 you should be done with it.

Is there a problem putting off your cycle for 60 days? Chantix itself will give you some sides. You may get night terrors, guaranteed you will have very lucid dreams. It can also give you a racing heartbeat. I wouldn't complicate the whole thing with trying to do it on cycle.

What's all your stats? Height, weight, training history...etc. I know I am just assuming here but if you are still smoking I wouldn't think you have been training serious for very long. A cycle won't take the place of proper technique and nutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMcGee1987
    If its more habbit than addiction why not try vaping? Its enjoyable and can get nicotine free juices You mention your weight has been stuck for years, whats your eating been like? I know many smokers who substitute food with cigarettes? Could be your problem?
    Because people who vape are just as stupid looking as the hipsters that make any trending become trendy. Plus, it hasn't been proven to be less harmful and establishments are starting to treat it the same as smoking. As they should.

Lol, always thought those people sitting at the side of the pool with their vapor looking hooka pipes looked pretty dumb.

Sounds a bit better than stuff hes taking at the minute tho, and its just an option for him afterall

And i dont think the problems he has or the advice given eradicate to wether he looks cool or not, that really isnt the issue here lol
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 09-13-2015 at 02:04 PM.

I was just messing.

It's just a different source of nicotine though and doesn't change any habit at all. Only difference is you don't light it. Doesn't save money really either.

Best way to quit is just decide to quit. Pills, patches , gum, capping and whatever else may help but it won't make it easy at all.

Just suck it up and tough it out. You will have white knuckle moments. Just depends on why you want and remembering that when it gets hard.

Always best to go cold turkey

My dad vapes, hes 58 and doesnt give a shit what people think he looks like lol

He spent roughly £5000 ($8500) a year on smoking, now he spends about £1000 on vaping so there is a big difference in price

But yea your right, best to just stop all together and ride it out, just trying to offer the OP alternative options

Frenchy93 is offline Junior Member
    I don't wanna be a dink, but you need chantix to quit smoking after only 5 years?

5 years of regular smoking is a habit. Not sure what the time limit on addiction is. I know they say 10,000 hours of practice to become proficient at something. In work hours (40 a week ) that is 5 years.

I don't know if it's easier 5 years after starting. I smoked for 20+ and I know it sucked then.

Frenchy93 is offline Junior Member
    I chewed tobacco for 6 years, smoked for 3.

I'll tell you, the first 3 days are the hardest, after one week it is smooth sailing. Hardest part is saying no when with friends or at a social gathering where drinking is involved. Stay away from those situations for as long as possible.

I think you can quit easily on your own and would like you to try.

mikeratliff is offline New Member
    from experience chant can be brutal at night with the dreams and some other mental side effects, wait to kick the habit before starting you're cycle.

Thread Information