Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Muscle Soreness

MSJ328 is offline New Member

Muscle Soreness

If your muscles are not getting sore for a couple of days after a workout, are they not growing?

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    If you train chest for example and theres no pain in your pectorals within 24 hours id say you havent trained hard enough

Approximatley 14 hours after i train those muscles are sore for 2-3 days

Cant answer the growing question specificaly but i think your probably not working or tearing the muscle fibers enough to stimulate growth if theres no pain after your sessions

cheffygreg is offline New Member
    I only tend to get doms if i havent trained a particular body part for a while or have a heavier than usual session. The more you train, in theory, the less you'll experience doms.

I always know when ive trained a muscle, but i dont get the debilitating, cant move kind of soreness very often lol.

I dont get the cant move feeling but its quite tender to the touch etc

cheffygreg is offline New Member
    Yeah i know what you mean, to the op if you cant feel anything at all in the muscle you've worked the next day id reevaluate the way you training, up the weight or reps. But then on the other hand if your getting crippling doms every time then you'll need to train more often. Just my fifty pence worth.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Train each body part once a week. With some OLY lifts in there. If that part isn't more sore the next day and ever sore 48 hours after I'm done with that body part I'm pissed at myself because I didn't do hard enough.

PS If someone ask you how many rep tell them till u can't do it anymore then you wanna do 2 more. You'll be sore.

Also try lowering your rest time, in the past ive been lazy taking 1-2 minutes between sets textin etc

Now i blast it, even when out of breath after a set, jump on to the next set until ur growling through the reps

Frenchy93 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MSJ328 View Post
    If your muscles are not getting sore for a couple of days after a workout, are they not growing?
    Only muscle that gets sore on me anymore is chest, and I wouldn't even really say sore, a bit tender if I poke it.

Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemcgee1987 View Post
    also try lowering your rest time, in the past ive been lazy taking 1-2 minutes between sets textin etc

now i blast it, even when out of breath after a set, jump on to the next set until ur growling through the reps
    x2..

E5Charlie is offline Junior Member
    I still get sore after a workout but not nearly as bad as I used to. Am I just getting used to my training routine?

Try to lift heavier or shorten your rest times and try new exercises
    Your body gets used to the training, you need to switch things around to shock your body

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Personnally I disagree that soreness=growth. Soreness can mean that you trained a muscle hard, but it can also mean that the muscle was being neglected.

If you think of a rookie, or a muscle you dont train in long time for whatever reason, will get sored with minimal training intensity.

Yes it can be a valuable information, but you need to put more variables in the equation IMO.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like your not exhausting all 3 phases to the lift(positive failure/static/negative) once you've hit true positive failure go beyond - RPs - forced reps then after that negatives that means you've failed positive/static/and negative all three - you'll definitely know if you've exhausted all three phases the next day I can assure you of that

Thread Information