Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By PT

Thread: Dropped needle in the sink

needhelp123 is offline New Member

Dropped needle in the sink

Okay so I was about to inject my test cyp and I dropped the needle into the sink... I wiped it off with a moist paper towel and after injection I cleaned the site with soap and water.... I know this was very dumb to do but I have a few questions.
    1. Is it possible to contract HIV or AIDS from the scenario
    2. Should i be worried since the needle only came in contact with the sink?
    3. What should I expect to happen?

all responses will help tremendously

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    At your age you shouldn't be shutting yourself down my friend. You should never use a needle what you dropped, always use new ones. I'd be more worried about your natural test if I was you.

Im most worried about the HIV/AIDS scare... is it possible to contract given my situation? the needle was previously unused before dropping it into the sink

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by needhelp123 View Post
    Im most worried about the HIV/AIDS scare... is it possible to contract given my situation? the needle was previously unused before dropping it into the sink
    Your missing ^^ Marcus' point! Your Endocrine system(& HPTA) is far from being fully matured, thus pinning exogenous testosterone will shut you down completely making recovery much harder if possible at your age! Read read read!

And pinning in a public bathroom is nasty!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As everyone has said you should not be taking any AAS at your age.

But to answer your question while anything is possible HIV is a pretty fragile virus for the most part so its pretty unlikely you will contract the HIV virus from a sink unless someone just jerked off or bled into it. As far as AIDS goes AIDS is the final result of being exposed to HIV so No you can not contract AIDS from anything, you become HIV positive and over time the disease can progress to AIDS...don't they teach you guys this stuff in school.

Now onto what is fairly likely to happen, Hepatitis A, B or C are likely candidates from injection with a sewage contaminated needle.

Along with that, here is a partial list of other conditions that don't ever require a needle stick,

Bacterial: •salmonellosis
    •shigellosis
    •diarrhoea
    •trachoma
    •melioidosis
    Viral: •gastroenteritis
    •hepatitis A
    Diseases caused by parasites: •giardiasis
    •dwarf tapeworm infection
    •threadworm infection
    •hookworm infection
    •strongyloidasis

As far as the HIV exposure goes you should have gone to the ER immediately and told them what you did and they could have told you whether you would be a good candidate for injection with PEP to lessen the change of becoming ill, however I am pretty sure this needs to be done within the first 48hrs with sooner being much better.

By the way if it makes you feel better knowing you are not alone,

when I was 18 I injected some pills that had been dropped into a curb when the police rolled up. Of course the only reason I did it was because I knew if I did not I would have been sick as hell from withdrawal within a few hours....of course in hindsight I wound up with HepC from it and along with being exhausted by about 2 o'clock every day for the last 40yrs, I also lost 80% of my vision from side effects of Interferon I took trying to cure the HepC. Of course if you contract HepC now you can take Harvoni....as long as you or your parents got 80 grand they don't mind spending on it....

Ohh I guess that did not really help you feel better! But just so you know that is the absolute truth and something you really need to think about, if there was any HepC exposure from the sink you have a 50/50 chance of contracting (HCV) also known as HepC as opposed to only a 10% with HIV. So if you don't wind up with Hepatitis or some other serious issues from this you might want to get on your knees and thank God or better yet, if you are religious get on your knees now and pray to the God of your choice and toss the rest of your shit in the trash till you are old enough to use it a little more safely.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 09-19-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Was this a public restroom? Do you share it with someone else who has Hep C? Even with the dirtiest sink, Hep C transmission from such a minor exposure (the sink to the needle) is highly unlikely, and HIV transmission would be impossible (it "dies" within seconds of hitting the air).

it was am employee bathroom that had not been used for at least 12 hours

tectime is offline Member
    Don't make it easy for him. Dumb moves need a little stress added to teach people not to make dumb moves again. For sure one of this magnitude. Let him squirm a while and go the work of searching for him self. Teach the bitch to fish or someone has to feed him for live!

Man up need help ! Own your responsibilities! Stop asking get to reading and studying. Put in some effort on becoming a man.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tectime View Post
    Don't make it easy for him. Dumb moves need a little stress added to teach people not to make dumb moves again. For sure one of this magnitude. Let him squirm a while and go the work of searching for him self. Teach the bitch to fish or someone has to feed him for live!
    I'm here to educate (and possibly entertain), not scare people straight.
    almostgone likes this.

Good for you dude I'm about making everyone I can come in contact with a better individual. Let him work for the answer or do you want to answer all of his problem from now on. I don't.

And you are educational. Or knowledge seems cast on many of the subjects. Obvious you have had medical training at some level. The best way to educate is to teach them to do it for themselves.

And I'm not trying to scare him I'm trying to teach him also...... On how to be a responsible part of the society we all live in. Decisions like that could reflect other peoples lives. People need to learn early so it doesn't cost them later that we are responsible for our own decisions.

Trust me I have learned my lesson... Im done shooting up, I just need to know from people who have knowledge about this subject which is why I started this thread... Just for advice from people who care

I care man even though I don't personally know you. I care because you are a living being and you live on the same planet as I. So if you learn to do for yourself on everything in life the whole world gets better one person at a time.

Blog Entries
    Okay so I was about to inject my test cyp and I dropped the needle into the sink... I wiped it off with a moist paper towel and after injection I cleaned the site with soap and water.... I know this was very dumb to do but I have a few questions.

You already have aids

hope this helps

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Orginial question is silly.
    Would you pluck your needle out of a sewer if you dropped it in there?
    Bin it.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Enough everyone, I believe he gets the idea. No need to beat up on members and chase them away.
    almostgone likes this.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

NEXT time throw that pin in the trash and use a fresh clean one.
    And NO your NOT going to get HIV/AIDS from your mishap.

Thread Information