Novice489 is offline Associate Member

UGL: Labs for Heavy Metals

Hey all. I'm curious if any of the UGL users of this board test for heavy metals in their labs. I know that this would only show the damage after the fact but at least it would prevent a second cycle with contaminated gear. If anyone does this kind of testing what test do they run and how often? I didn't see any reference to heavy metal testing on Private MD Labs so availability and pricing info would be awesome too. Thanks!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Exclamation

No they don't usually test for heavy metals. Keep in mind that most of the powder used to make the products are coming from China. That's the scary part! You will probably be interested in reading my post- "Functional Training with a Fork" is a must read for everyone taking testosterone ! Here's the link- "Functional Training with a Fork" is a must read for everyone taking testosterone!
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 10-25-2015 at 09:24 AM.

UGL's are probably like me. I buy raw powder and brew my own gear. Test for heavy metal? What the heck is heavy metal? LOL

Ronnie, I'm a big fan of your posts. Keep them coming.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    I got a free
    20ml bottle of LA Pharma Deca -Nan
    From a friend who used to cycle and is no longer in that lifestyle so he just gave me it.

Ive researched so much and cant find any info on it, they only make single vials or 10ml vials. I decided to mail LA Pharma some pics. I got this reply

Dear Sir,

Many Thanks to interest LA pharma products.

They are 100% fake products which contain dangerous heavy metals and carcinogens. Please remind yourself that using of a highly dangerous counterfeit which will have a direct effect on liver and blood, which may induce to liver cancer and leukemia.

Best regards,

LA Pharma Admin

Im also curious to know what these heavy metals are?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Testing for dosage, germs and heavy metals costs as much as 400$ acording to anaboliclab.

Heavy metals are led, mercury and some others that I dont remember . North atlantic fish can have mercury levels above maximum recommended, for example.

212OlympiaBound is offline Associate Member
    I have shot alot of sketchy stuff; whenever I get a blood test for a checkup, I specifically ask the docs to test for heavy metals. I have come up a bit high in the past, but still in the normal range.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    For a heavy metal toxicity screen it probably only looks at common ones linked to health problems like: lead, cadmium, mercury, chromium, and arsenic. It could be present in gear, but dont think it is likely to be. I have gotten my doctor to test my blood before (as I eat can tuna often) and everything was within normal safe limits. The media blows this stuff out of proportion, but thats not to say it isnt a serious concern.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    UGL's are probably like me. I buy raw powder and brew my own gear. Test for heavy metal? What the heck is heavy metal? LOL

Ronnie, I'm a big fan of your posts. Keep them coming.
    Thanks ScotchGuard!

Thread Information