Thread: Help! Bad acne

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Help! Bad acne

Currently in my 5th week of my cycle. My compounds and dosages are as follows:

Dbol weeks 1-5 40mg/day
    Deca weeks 1-10 250mg/week
    Test E. weeks 1-12 750/week
    HCG 500IU/week

I am running Adex for an AI. I started out at .25mg 3x a week and about a week ago my nipples became very sensitive so I bumped it up to .5mg every other day. My nipples feel better so I was thinking of pulling it back to .5mg 2x a week and see how I do. I will be getting mid cycle blood work soon.

Anyways, I have had bad acne on my shoulders and back pretty much my whole life (cycling or not) But I havent cycled in a couple years and finally had manage to get it completely cleared up using 200MG of Doryx and Selenium Sulfide cream applied to my back every day before I showered. My acne is now pretty much just as bad as it was before. I cant seem to get it under control using the Doryx and I even started using the Selenium Sulfide cream again with no luck. I did a little research here and seems bad acne is a sign of high estrogen. Should I keep my adex at .5mg for a little while longer and see if my acne gets better? Or should I just not worry about it as it is part of cycling?

Bio-Active is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Its not really just high estro that causes acne its the influx in androgens. Your running .5 mg eod as it is i would drop the dbol . I think the ai is high enough

Im coming off the dbol this week... Do you think I should keep the AI that high for a while longer or drop down to .5mg 2x a week? Should I just deal with the acne? I usually wouldnt have a problem with it but it was really nice having it under control. Plus, I am going on a cruise in January and id hate to put all this work into having a great back only to have it covered in acne lol

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Im coming off the dbol this week... Do you think I should keep the AI that high for a while longer or drop down to .5mg 2x a week? Should I just deal with the acne? I usually wouldnt have a problem with it but it was really nice having it under control. Plus, I am going on a cruise in January and id hate to put all this work into having a great back only to have it covered in acne lol
    Your on a pretty good dose of test i would leave the ai right were it is and drop that dbol

Do you think my acne might settle down after dropping the dbol or are you just concerned the dbol coupled with high test is causing my estrogen to be too high?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Do you think my acne might settle down after dropping the dbol or are you just concerned the dbol coupled with high test is causing my estrogen to be too high?
    Its a combo of everything but once you drop the dbol everything else will be more consistent. You are running your hcg at 250 iu 2 x ew right?

Yes, I inject that the same day I inject my test/deca .

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    I am very prone to acne, for me acne presents when my hormones are in flux. For example, at the beginning of the cycle, when I adjust doses or AI, when I add new compounds or when I discontinue use etc. Dbol has a very short half-life and, therefore, there is an almost constant flux in your T and E. Try to avoid tinkering with your cycle so as to keep your levels as stable as possible. Whilst I'd recommend investigating other less harmful treatments, I use a low dose of Accutane during my cycles to keep it to a minimum.

I was prescribed the doryx and selenium sulfide cream by my dermatologist.. I've heard bad things about Accutane do you you really think is safer than what I'm using now?

thephoenix25 is offline Associate Member
    No I don't think it is safer at all, it is harsh on your liver and has some very real side effects. I had acute acne for years, I tried all treatments (and I mean all) after many years and many visits to the dermatologist and trying loads of different types of antibiotics, I finally got it under control with 60mg per day of Accutane for 8 months. The side effects were unbearable, but it worked. I now use 20mg eod to maintain during my cycles. Again I wouldn't recommend trying this if you only have a flare up. Better to get your hormones level and see if that helps, whilst continuing your usual meds for acne.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i use accutane to deal with severe or chronic acne.

Bo58 is offline Associate Member
    I would go get blood work to see where your estrogen is at. E2 is what you want checked. I also use an acne body wash. Zinc and panothenic acid are also used to combat acne. I take 50 mg of zinc in the morning and at night and take 4 grams of panothenic acid in the morning and at night. Austinite has a sticky on acne control that outlines the full protocol to follow.

I am in NY and we cant get blood work done without a script from a doctor.

Thread Information