GSXRvi6 is offline Member

Interesting blood test results

Got a doc appt tomorrow for TRT and I have some interesting results (I get them e-mailed to me before my appointment)

RBC 6.25 4.14-5.80 (x10E6/uL)
    Hemoglobin 16.2 12.6-17.7 (g/dL)
    Hematocrit 48.6 3 7.5-51.0 (%)
    MCV 78 79-97 (fL)
    MCH 25.9 26.6-33.0 (pg)
    MCHC 33.3 31.5-35.7 (g/dL)
    RDW 18.1 12.3-15.4 (%)

I donate on a regular basis to keep hematorcit under control, I don't take in a lot of iron or B12, when I did my hematocrit went to the moon, that said my diet isn't devoid of it.

I skipped my last donation because 6 months ago my MCF was 76, I figured I was donating a little too frequently.

So now, my RBC is too high, my blood cell size is a smidget too small, my hemoglobin per cell is a little low per cell

Not enough Iron?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yeah, the combination of steroids and limited iron intake causes that.

Based on my RBC, I assume the best course of action is to donate soon and up my B12 + Iron

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRvi6 View Post
    Based on my RBC, I assume the best course of action is to donate soon and up my B12 + Iron
    Yeah, but keep in mind that that will only speed up RBC production, as well as increase the size of the new RBC's so that your H&H climb much faster. So your RBC's will be healthier, but you'll have to donate more.

What steroids are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yeah, but keep in mind that that will only speed up RBC production, as well as increase the size of the new RBC's so that your H&H climb much faster. So your RBC's will be healthier, but you'll have to donate more.

What steroids are you using?
    Right now none (just TRT), been off for about a month and a half.

I was doing Test + EQ, figured I had to try it out at least once, not impressed.

I'm kind of puzzled about this my H&H is ok but my RBC is high, if I raise my MCV my RBC's and H&H will rise but unless I add iron my MCV will stay low.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Yeah, the combination of steroids and limited iron intake causes that.
    talking about Iron, is 45mg/day (as dried Ferrous Sulfate) every day for a year around considered safe or would you recommend EOD at such dosing?

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRvi6 View Post
    Right now none (just TRT), been off for about a month and a half.

I was doing Test + EQ, figured I had to try it out at least once, not impressed.

I'm kind of puzzled about this my H&H is ok but my RBC is high, if I raise my MCV my RBC's and H&H will rise but unless I add iron my MCV will stay low.
    Correct. However, iron deficiency will cause its own problems, so you really just need to ingest enough iron and get rid of some blood. It's the EQ that screwed up your blood.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    talking about Iron, is 45mg/day (as dried Ferrous Sulfate) every day for a year around considered safe or would you recommend EOD at such dosing?
    There are varying opinions on this, but I would think that EOD would be best.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks Bon' I was taking ED for the last week or so as my diet dont seem to have sufficient dietary iron in it, so after digging about it deeper I have found some info that made me question the 45mg dosing. Its slow release iron, and I take it with 20-25g raw frozen lamb liver ED, but now thinking doing iron as suggested EOD for sake of not overdosing on it. While dietary mega-dosing on vit-A seems fine, iron supplementation sounds the bell for me. Apologies for semi-hijacking the thread

Thread Information